Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 05:11 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
My statement or the one to which I replied?
Obviously yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 05:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The damn terrorist aren’t in the Middle East...they’re right here in America.
Agreed, it's called the military industrial complex. Granted I'm preaching to the choir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Forget Al Qaeda, ISIS or some other group. They aren’t our problem. You’re worried about Al Qaeda, when you need to be worried about Al Johnson...your next door neighbor.
Only if Al is a progressive.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:14 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
America is Not giving up its guns, try and find yourself gone either politically or physically. Wrap you head around that Fact. There will be no Confiscations, there will be no Voluntary Turn In's of guns, there will be no Australian Style Reforms, and there will be no new invasive Laws to curtail the Right to Bear Arms.
I love your enthusiasm.

Too bad it's so misplaced.

California's New Gun Confiscation Squads - Truth And Action

Old 10-03-2017, 05:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Like how Americans got thrown in concentration camps because of the crime of being Japanese ring a bell? Why yes our government would never do anything bad right?
well since that was a liberal DEMOCRAT president that ordered that, then perhaps you need to take it up with the liberals, not me. i never said our government would never do anything wrong, so i have no clue where you came up with that idea.

Quote:
It's not your call how we the people protect ourselves. You're not very good at it.
once again you are assuming that i am telling people what to do or how to do it, and that is not the case. i am merely pointing out that there are enough people with guns in this country that if necessary they could overwhelm the military. you are the one assuming something i never suggested.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Then the whole "fighting against government powers" argument is moot...
Maybe it's me? But I'm having a lot of trouble understanding anything you've written about. None of it makes any sense at least to me anyway.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:31 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Have ANY of you gun rights supporters taken the 15 seconds it takes to review the findings that the original poster linked to?

You can't keep arguing some of your insane arguments if you take a look at the FACTS. Fewer guns leads to fewer deaths. The fewer the guns, the safer things are for most people. Stricter gun control laws lead to fewer needless deaths. It's really not that hard.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts

Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Do me a favor: if my posts bother you so, place me on ignore. I will not listen to you or anyone else as to what topics I may or may not post on.

The fact that you and others believe its totally impossible for a government to use its strongest weapons against its own citizens completely invalidates the entire militia argument you've all been bandying about for years. And yet you don't see it. Amazing.
I've never said it was impossible, but for reasons I've tried to explain to you it's highly improbable as the government would lose short of wiping out the entire country with nuclear weapons. You might want to read it again. Amazing you don't see it.

As for me, no your posts don't bother me. You have every right to express your opinions, just as everyone else does. People can decide for themselves whether to read them or mine for that matter.

You see, I believe in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, all of it. It's not up to anyone to pick and choose which amendments to adhere to and which ones to ignore.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Have ANY of you gun rights supporters taken the 15 seconds it takes to review the findings that the original poster linked to?

You can't keep arguing some of your insane arguments if you take a look at the FACTS. Fewer guns leads to fewer deaths. The fewer the guns, the safer things are for most people. Stricter gun control laws lead to fewer needless deaths. It's really not that hard.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cs-maps-charts
here is a fact for you, guns sales have gone way u in this country, while gun violence has gone DOWN over the same period.

here is something else for you to consider;

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
you might try to actually understand it.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
here is a fact for you, guns sales have gone way u in this country, while gun violence has gone DOWN over the same period.

here is something else for you to consider;

you might try to actually understand it.
Did you review the graphs provided by the original poster? You might try to actually understand it.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:38 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Me moving to North Korea won't make mass shootings any less frequent in America.

But I forgot , y'all don't care about mass shootings. They're just the price everyone else has to pay so y'all can own weapons you don't need.
I don't need two Telecasters, or a Rickenbacker. No need to divulge my weapon inventory. I want them, and it's solely my choice. The Constitution is a wonderful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies