Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 04:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The voice of experience?
Do YOU have more relevant experience than a woman in that regard, Bob?

Please accept my apologies in advance in case you’re gay and have seen more penises than dot.

How many weapons does a person need to have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 04:59 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
America is Not giving up its guns, try and find yourself gone either politically or physically. Wrap you head around that Fact. There will be no Confiscations, there will be no Voluntary Turn In's of guns, there will be no Australian Style Reforms, and there will be no new invasive Laws to curtail the Right to Bear Arms. The sooner some of you realize that Fact the better, even many on the Left stand against stupid gun laws that would have Zero effect.

The Problem is Not guns, they were everywhere when I was a kid, we did not have this issue, the Problem is Us. Deal with the criminals and then address the Real Problem, the mental health issue that is plaguing this Nation. We as a People need to Learn and then accept the Fact that we have a major problem and it is not guns, it is People that need help surviving in our Society, which anyone with half a brain knows is not being addressed. We love to blame a tool for the actions People do, and yet are quick to ignore the underlying problem, does that make any sense. We are the Problem, not guns, or cars, or knives, WE are the problem.
Now does anyone want to talk about mental health, or is whining about the tool they used more comforting?

Heads out of arse folks,
Thanks,
now back to whatever it was you were doing....................Done with this.......
Is a psych evaluation going to prevent a gun from falling into the hands of a mentally ill person?

I sincerely doubt it. I can see the NRA arguing that mentally ill people have 2nd Amendment Rights too.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Do me a favor: if my posts bother you so, place me on ignore. I will not listen to you or anyone else as to what topics I may or may not post on.

The fact that you and others believe its totally impossible for a government to use its strongest weapons against its own citizens completely invalidates the entire militia argument you've all been bandying about for years. And yet you don't see it. Amazing.
you are assuming that if the government turned the military on the citizenry, that the entire military would step up and follow orders, and that just isnt the case. you also seem to think that if the citizenry stepped up to overthrow a tyrannical government, that it would be a few guys with a few rifles, and again that isnt the case.

there are enough people that with just rifles, could overwhelm military units even with air cover, tank and artillery. and there would be military units that would side with the citizens, and bring their equipment with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
America is Not giving up its guns, try and find yourself gone either politically or physically. Wrap you head around that Fact. There will be no Confiscations, there will be no Voluntary Turn In's of guns, there will be no Australian Style Reforms, and there will be no new invasive Laws to curtail the Right to Bear Arms. The sooner some of you realize that Fact the better, even many on the Left stand against stupid gun laws that would have Zero effect.

The Problem is Not guns, they were everywhere when I was a kid, we did not have this issue, the Problem is Us. Deal with the criminals and then address the Real Problem, the mental health issue that is plaguing this Nation. We as a People need to Learn and then accept the Fact that we have a major problem and it is not guns, it is People that need help surviving in our Society, which anyone with half a brain knows is not being addressed. We love to blame a tool for the actions People do, and yet are quick to ignore the underlying problem, does that make any sense. We are the Problem, not guns, or cars, or knives, WE are the problem.
Now does anyone want to talk about mental health, or is whining about the tool they used more comforting?

Heads out of arse folks,
Thanks,
now back to whatever it was you were doing....................Done with this.......
well said casper!!

Old 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
The damn terrorist aren’t in the Middle East...they’re right here in America.

Forget Al Qaeda, ISIS or some other group. They aren’t our problem. You’re worried about Al Qaeda, when you need to be worried about Al Johnson...your next door neighbor.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Do YOU have more relevant experience than a woman in that regard, Bob?

Please accept my apologies in advance in case you’re gay and have seen more penises than dot.

How many weapons does a person need to have?
Why don't you tell we the people what the maximum should be. Then use force to keep we the people under that. Why don't you tell we the people the maximum we should earn. Then use force to keep we the people under that. Why don't you tell we the people what we should all eat. Then use force to make we the people adhere to that.

Please force us to bow to your will even though no ones rights have been violated because you know what's best for we the people better than we do right?

Old 10-03-2017, 05:06 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
A lesson might be drawn from the first time I visited Canada with my own vehicle, back in 1979; after volunteering the fact that I was carrying no tobacco, alcohol or drugs -- legal or illegal -- I was specifically questioned about firearms; whether this issue arose because I was a male travelling alone or that my ID bore a likely-rural address, I won't guess. But I knew of a friend who, due to threats at a business he owned, kept an automatic under the seat of his car; what might have happened if he had inadvertently taken it along with him on a similar trop (Pennsylvania requires registration only for concealed carry, rather than for individual weapons) is speculative.

It might also be noted that authorities in Canada are legally authorized to remove firearms from a residence in certain situations, such as domestic violence. I don't have a problem with this, because it involves a specific precaution in a specific situation, But the outcry from "the usual suspects" over there in Left Field Invariably calls for a "blanket remedy" in which the justification for infringing upon the rights of the responsible majority is based upon the actions of a criminal minority,

A parallel can be drawn tp the pseudo-"liberal" Left's persistent refusal to reform welfare by policing access to the societal "safety net" at the local level -- because the "progressives" never met a buraucracy and power structure we could do without.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:07 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
.....How many weapons does a person need to have?
Well, as I stated in other posts, addressing the question of "Why does a person need more than one?"
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post49706483

Long story short, one gun doesn't do everything.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:07 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The damn terrorist aren’t in the Middle East...they’re right here in America.

Forget Al Qaeda, ISIS or some other group. They aren’t our problem. You’re worried about Al Qaeda, when you need to be worried about Al Johnson...your next door neighbor.
Provide the post numbers you speak of....

Uncles you're lying.....in this thread.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:08 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Pat Robertson Blamed The Las Vegas Mass Shooting On Democrats & ‘Disrespecting Donald Trump’

https://www.truthexam.com/2017/10/pa...-donald-trump/
A CBS lawyer said she was glad that it was probably Republicans that got shot in Las Vegas as they are generally fans of country music. Why you don't mention that?

Old 10-03-2017, 05:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you are assuming that if the government turned the military on the citizenry, that the entire military would step up and follow orders, and that just isnt the case. you also seem to think that if the citizenry stepped up to overthrow a tyrannical government, that it would be a few guys with a few rifles, and again that isnt the case.
Like how Americans got thrown in concentration camps because of the crime of being Japanese ring a bell? Why yes our government would never do anything bad right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there are enough people that with just rifles, could overwhelm military units even with air cover, tank and artillery. and there would be military units that would side with the citizens, and bring their equipment with them.
It's not your call how we the people protect ourselves. You're not very good at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies