Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 03:19 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don’t hate women, just women who feel entitled to anything and everything I worked hard for.

I own a plane, I own a house, invariably all women I know demand I sell both properties to move into a house of their choosing. I like my house where it is and I like my plane. Both are not for sale. Period.
I can't blame you for it.

When my brother married my sister-in-law, she wanted him to put her two sons from previous marriage on his will. My brother sent those two kids to private school and my sister in law is a stay at home mother.

I cried a river for my brother, but I am glad that she makes him happy. I don't know why my brother did it, must be love.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times
I don't think men are forgotten at all. I do think that marketers have found that women are more prone to buying from commercials and advertisements so it seems like men are forgotten.

It is interesting that 8 or 9 out 10 commercials are oriented towards to females. I have worked with many, many people though over the years and have had many roommates over the years also.

I have found out that men in general at the same income level are more thrifty then women. I can see based on their spending habits, why marketing so aggressively tries to court women. It does make it seem like a women's world these days though but that is mainly advertising.

Another thing is government, health-care, education are becoming huge shares of the economy and they typically had more women then men working in them.

The debt-based economy also I think gives women the advantage as many debt-based employers like student loan refinancing is very women dominated.

I guess overall, it does seem that way when it comes to marketing, advertisements and commercials. Sometimes I wonder how long I can watch television before I see a commercial oriented towards men.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:45 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,176 times
Quote:
Why I withdrew from the dating scene long ago.
Or the dating scene withdrew from you?

If you're having issues with women, maybe men would be a better fit?

Quote:
I don’t hate women, just women who feel entitled to anything and everything I worked hard for.

I own a plane, I own a house, invariably all women I know demand I sell both properties to move into a house of their choosing. I like my house where it is and I like my plane. Both are not for sale. Period.
All women demand you sell your homes and plane? Where are you meeting these people? How far into the dating process is this happening?

Old 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:

How strange. Coworkers, friends, spouses of friends, romantic partners, your female relatives--they all "demanded" you sell your plane and house?

Very odd indeed...

Old 10-17-2017, 04:00 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,172,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I don't think men are forgotten at all. I do think that marketers have found that women are more prone to buying from commercials and advertisements so it seems like men are forgotten.

It is interesting that 8 or 9 out 10 commercials are oriented towards to females. I have worked with many, many people though over the years and have had many roommates over the years also.
It is interesting isn't it! Men make more than women and have higher paying jobs but advertisers target the big spenders.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:

You can be anything you want to be on the internet.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:05 PM

1,239 posts, read 511,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
It is interesting isn't it! Men make more than women and have higher paying jobs but advertisers target the big spenders.
I think it's rather simple.
In the majority of households, even if the woman works, she's still doing most of the shopping for the family.

In general, men's top priority with a potential mate if physical attraction, while women look for a solid partner who they can build a family with.
So women spend money on trying to look more appealing, while men save money to try and look more appealing.

These are obviously generalizations, but marketing works based on that.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:50 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

All women demand you sell your homes and plane? Where are you meeting these people? How far into the dating process is this happening?
It's ALL women he knows - not just women he dates. I guess female neighbors, female friends, female relatives, female co-workers as well as female spouses and girlfriends of his male friends all demand that he sell his plane and his house.

Remember - he said that ALL females that he knows demand that he sell his plane and his house.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:19 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,750,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, look at the losers complaining about how much women suck. These guys are simply infants who are totally insecure with themselves & it emits from their very pores, like stench.
Yet feminists are the biggest whiners because they whine about how oppressed they are, and how men are rapists. They even whine about men saying just hello to them as harassment.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It has been my experience that it is the liberal snowflakes that are the wimpiest of men.
yet it is thread after thread from the RIGHT whining and crying about a man's place in the world as such like.

doubt it? search the forums, it is all there. endless posts from Rightwingers crying about their perceived injustices and loss of entitlement. A lot of the Right grew up with the message they are entitled to the best of everything. They are shocked when they have to compete with a better qualified woman..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies