Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
kelly's statement supports what wilson claimed was said. he just argues that it was appropriate ( this also contradicts trump's claim that he didn't say it ).
This was my thought, too.

Why did Trump say he didn’t say those words? He even said he has proof. He can’t help but lie, it seems.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:50 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
After reading a bit more about what transpired regarding this situation, and reading what General Kelly said, it appears that Trump, in his own bumbling way, was trying to express sincere condolences. The problem is, IMO, Trump is socially inept, lacking in social graces in a situation like this. Perhaps he was trying to say and do the right thing, idk.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:52 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No matter what he did, it won't be good enough for you.
wrong.

i'm a lifelong registered independent whose happy to support good work or policy on either side of the political spectrum.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:53 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
I admire what Gen. Kelly did today as his son's death has been a very private matter. As painful as it may have been for him, he came out today to set the record straight. The spin on this story was horrible, and he certainly expressed how he felt about the congresswoman. His support of President Trump was genuine.
For those that did not see General Kelly today - this is the Youtube video.
He was "stunned", I was stunned to see this vile Congress woman and the Media politicize the death of this soldier. John Kelly is correct - nothing is sacred in the USA Today, it's nothing but vile partisan politics all the time over literally everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5ttDzWBaY

Shame on her and all who participated in this ugly business.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:53 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Did you watch the press conference? I did, twice. He is disgusted with the congresswoman. He explained quite well what happened between him and the president.
Yes he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Bottom line....Kelly confirmed that Congresswoman Wilson told the truth. And then he attacked her for it.
No he did not confirm. He stated what he was told when Trump asked what does he say. Listen to the press conference.

Quote:
i sincerely wish trump would have listened.
It sounds like he did listen by Kelly's press conference.

People are never going to be happy with anything Trump says, does or anything like that. He was criticised because he had not said anything, now they are criticising for doing what he was criticised for.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
wrong.

i'm a lifelong registered independent whose happy to support good work or policy on either side of the political spectrum.
So what?

What your political belief has anything to do with anything? This is about grief, and the right thing to say. There is no universal answer or right or wrong way to grieve. If you believe Trump has no malicious intent, then why can't we just all move on already? He listened to Gen Kelly's advice and tried to do the right thing. The only "bad guy" (for lack of a better word) in this story is that dramaqueen congresswoman. What a clown!

Old 10-19-2017, 03:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
Liberals will always be insane
And twist the truth to fit their crazy agenda.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:00 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
There ya go.

Told y'all.

Oh, you're very welcome.
As this just happened, who was the psychic radio announcer that you heard it from earlier?

Old 10-19-2017, 04:04 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
For those that did not see General Kelly today - this is the Youtube video.
He was "stunned", I was stunned to see this vile Congress woman and the Media politicize the death of this soldier. John Kelly is correct - nothing is sacred in the USA Today, it's nothing but vile partisan politics all the time over literally everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5ttDzWBaY

Shame on her and all who participated in this ugly business.
I knew there was more to this. There always is. One thing I am glad I was firm on was saying how dare the congresswoman. She totally disrespected Sgt Johnson, his wife and kids by making this into a fiasco.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:05 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
She should have as well.
You are correct about that and I should have said so..

I thought the she 'exploited her relationship' was enough.

See what I mean about perception of what I'm writing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies