Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 02:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The article I posted in another Niger thread detailed what is known so far.

They were indeed on a training mission as is common in that region. That's what Special Forces soldiers live for, to embed themselves with the locals and train up their fighting tactics and capabilities.

Apparently the four were ambushed by up to 150 enemy combatants. They were not prepared in terms of manpower, weaponry, and equipment like armored vehicles.

Something obviously happened that was very shady.
Evidently the "shady actions" were most likely those of the village leaders NOT the U.S. or Trump.

Quote:
U.S. officials increasingly believe that the military unit ambushed by an Islamic State militant group (ISIS) affiliate in Niger was attacked as the result of being set up by people in a village sympathetic to local jihadis.

Details about the October 4 attack that left four U.S. soldiers—all Green Berets—dead are only now being revealed.

The militants were likely tipped off by at least one accomplice who may have lived within the local population, U.S. officials briefed on the case told NBC News. Almou Hassane, the mayor of the village in question, Tongo Tongo, told Voice of America that “the attackers, the bandits, the terrorists have never lacked accomplices among local populations.”
U.S. Soldiers Were Set Up for Ambush by ISIS-Sympathetic Village in Niger, Officials Say

Old 10-24-2017, 05:11 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
1. There's only one appropriate response to a presidential condolence call: Thank you. It's the same thing you should say to someone who gives you a gift you don't happen to like.

2. Memo to President Trump: For the love of God, stop getting into a [h]issing match with everyone.
You’re going to be disappointed. Trump is a moron.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its another way of saying he got what he deserved.
Wow. What a horrible thing to say. It's not another way to say he got what he deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My wife knew what I signed up for, she knew I could die, as all the OTHER wives out there. What gives you the right to define what that means...zero...nothing...
Same here. When my husband joined, I knew that he could die. Still do. It could be in training or while deployed.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-24-2017 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies