Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 04:18 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The military doesn't care about her heartache and neither does the Commander in Chief.
Sure we do, I for one care about what happened, so there goes your theory, in case you did not know, I AM part of the military, so what do you have to say now? Where do you get your info?

Old 10-23-2017, 04:19 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times
To be real, Trump is known as a long-time profligate, pathological liar (part of toxic narcissism/sociopathy). How often, when Trump gets riled up over something and takes somebody on in a high profile way, does it turn out the other person is wrong in a way that can be proven? Almost never. Liar's lie and Trump's a liar. Even those who defend him to the hilt know this. They just won't own it.

If he has proof, let him bring it. When he says he has proof, how often does he produce it? We're back in the never range again.

This grief-stricken young wife/mother is known ONLY because she had the misfortune of having her young husband die and for receiving a call from the infamous Donald Trump. A call that served to cause more pain. She was already struggling not with just the grief from her husband's death, but with questions about what happened to him. How that call was handled from Trump's end just added to. All he needed to do when he learned of her hurt/upset was to phone her and say that he meant only to comfort and he regrets that his words were not the best to express that. Still could. (Fat chance!) Only those in that family car dealing with that group's grief KNOWS what it was like to hear those words. No one else is truly in a position to judge. To minimize or dismiss that grief is heartless and Trump-like.

"Everyone can master a grief but he that has it.” –William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

But,then, par for the course, Double-Down Donald has to compound his bungle. Instead of simple, kind, decent and adult, he has to be defensive, mean-spirited and violate the very spirit of what a condolence call is for. Just say you're sorry, Stupid. No skin off your nose to respect someone's grief. But,oh no, you're Donald Trump. No one gets anything over on you without that "punching back twice as hard." Why apologize when you can disparage a young woman with a long, hard road ahead? Don't make it easier for her. She was honest. How dare she!

As for Wilson, she was just the messenger for a family laden with grief who had a microphone put in front of her face and a question asked of her. She could tell the truth or not. Trumpers don't like the truth as it weighs against their sociopath. They want to slice and dice Wilson and demean her based mostly on her physical appearance and her party affiliation (heresy!). Ironically, she has proven to be the most credible of the lot (outside of Sgt. Johnson's family) as information has continued to come out. (You can't always judge a book by the cover.)

Kelly, unfortunately, was cast further into Trump's web. Had he only discussed his own grief experience, he would still be golden and apparently deserving of respect. Unfortunately, he proceeded to screw up. He is entitled to his feelings about Wilson but not his own facts which were wrong. Not just wrong facts about Wilson and the response to her by others in attendance, but about the agents for whom the building was named--Dove, not Duke, etc.

Kelly wasn't even a principle in the condolence conversation but an onlooker on Trump's end. (Eavesdropper? On a "sacred conversation"? Absolutely stunning!) He did confirm Trump said what Wilson indicated. He attempted to minimize Trump's fail by saying, "He tried, in his own way". (Trump's way--Oy vey!) Kelly tried to prep Trump, but it's like playing a game of "Gossip" with a little kid. What goes in the ears doesn't equate to what comes out the mouth. Despite his brag, Trump doesn't have the best words. He just won't admit it. Gotta be somebody else to blame. Sociopath! Sociopath! Sociopath! Thy name is Trump.

Even if Trump had gotten it as Kelly hoped, a young widow and mother would be extremely unlikely to have the same mindset/perspective that a gung-ho, career military general has and would be very unlikely to find the same kind of comfort and solace in those, often masculine-oriented, offerings.

In the aftermath of this all, the White House has hurried to express-mail condolence letters to families of some of those soldiers killed several months ago whom Trump hadn't contacted. This after attempting to falsely accuse Obama and make Trump himself sound like he was on it. Curses, foiled again, Snidely! Typical Trump, lie, deny, project and deflect with a mega-dose of CYA along the way.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...milies/543606/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.db7ddc113f8d

The Slatest

Last edited by mollyblythe; 10-23-2017 at 05:20 PM..

Old 10-23-2017, 04:58 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Trump Administration now overnighting condolence letters to Gold Star families. Story at link:

Barf. Trump continues to dig himself a bigger hole and embarrass himself and our country.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:00 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump Administration now overnighting condolence letters to Gold Star families. Story at link:

Barf. Trump continues to dig himself a bigger hole and embarrass himself and our country.
Once he said he had personally contacted every family, they had to scramble to make it so. They didn't even have a complete list of those killed apparently.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:02 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

He is such a bumbling idiot. Can it be stated enough??

This all started because he can’t tell the truth to save his own pathetic life.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:03 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Once he said he had personally contacted every family, they had to scramble to make it so. They didn't even have a complete list of those killed apparently.
Yep I just read that as well.

My GOD, Trump is such a disgrace. Ugh.

Anyone who srill defends Trump at this point...i don't even know what to say to them.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
It is, of course, clear that the body is not in good condition. Mrs. Johnson's desire to view her husband's remains is unrealistic as is the desire for immediate clarification about the 48 hours.

BUT not to anticipate that she might speak out, asking for answers is equally unrealistic. For anyone to label her doing so as outright politicization knowing nothing more strikes me as somewhat cruel.

Grieve the right way, MY way - or else I'll call you THIS.

Kelly advised Trump in our post-Benghazi environment NOT to make calls.

Trump chose to ignore that advice - and who now is to be "blamed" for the resulting mishmash?

The widow.
Agree 100%.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:05 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Here's a comment on the Facebook page of military.com for those that think 'only' Trump never called every single family of those KIA overseas:

Quote:
I’m a Gold Star Dad and the details of how my son was KIA 01 Sept 2010 was never explained to me. His fire team was ambushed and unfortunately my son was struck by an enemy round and succumbed to his wounds and died. However, I read the complete autopsy report and understood where he was struck and how the round traveled through his body...and I witnessed 46 photos of my son in a morbid state. I never received a call from obama and in my heart while President Trump is not experienced in making such calls as these I feel he was sincere and genuine and the context he used was praising a Warrior’s oath and that he chose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred.

- Chris R.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:08 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Here's a comment on the Facebook page of military.com for those that think 'only' Trump never called every single family of those KIA overseas:
No one thinks only Trump never called every single family. Everyone who thinks thinks that 'only' Trump called a widow a liar when she said his call hurt more than it helped.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:13 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Trump is the one who claimed he called everybody, which had clearly had not as he didn't even have the names of everyone, and accused Obama and other presidents of not doing calling, which none had claimed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies