Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 01:06 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is my favorite post from the Army Times Facebook page in regards to this widow and whole fiasco:
Quote:
Quote:
As a Gold Star wife, I find this woman embarrassing, have a little grace and dignity Honey, don't let political ambition derail your much needed grieving process.

- Loreen O.
Favorite? I'd call Loreen O's FB post condescending beyond belief. Accusatory. All wrapped up with an ever so UGLY bow of "honey." THIS woman isn't trying to be anything other than nasty.

I've no doubt that Trump tried his best. Likewise, I've no doubt that Mrs. Johnson *was* offended.

And that Wilson's response probably *was* a mixture of honest outrage and political haymaking.

Too bad that Trump doesn't have the sense to leave this alone. A simple statement of regret that his phone call turned out not to be helpful would be fine. The tweets? Not so much.

But then Trump started this off with jabs at Obama. Then dragged Kelly into it. Now we have Lorena O. from FB weighing in.

Per her Stephanopoulos interview (the whole interview), what Mrs. Johnson seemed most distressed about was that she wasn't allowed to see any part of her husband's body. It was all wrapped up, invisible to her. Even a finger she said would be recognizable to her. Then she could know for sure that he still wasn't out there.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:20 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://amp.local10.com/news/politic...-david-johnson

Perhaps he should have stayed silent.
Perhaps people should look for fewer ways to be offended and more ways to be honored.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:25 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"As a Gold Star wife, I find this woman embarrassing, have a little grace and dignity Honey, don't let political ambition derail your much needed grieving process. - Loreen O."

What an offensive, condescending post.

Myesha Johnson is not Loreen O's "Honey."

Mrs. Johnson is demonstrating far more grace and dignity that the POTUS.

Plus, she has a right to know what happened to her husband.
I totally agree with you. One Gold Star wife should know better than to criticize the way another wife handles her grief and so early in the process. Loreen O. talks about "political ambition" then turns around and uses her voice to, in effect, defend the president. If that's not politically motivated I don't know what is.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Perhaps people should look for fewer ways to be offended and more ways to be honored.
And perhaps Trump should put a little more thought into figuring out HOW to honor and a little LESS into trying to one-up Obama.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Any junior-league newscaster knows enough to P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E the name. How hard is it to spit out "La David." Or "Johnson"?

To make clear that the cheat sheet is right in front of you - and STILL you're not getting it right?

Then to give up and go on to "Your guy."

Impressions are formed in a matter of seconds.

For Trump and a widow-in-shock about to receive her dead husband's body that call was all downhill.

Plus, it was pretty crappy staff work to put a phone call through with a Democratic congresswoman right there.

Dumb, but then Trump had JUST called Obama out about calling and must have been itching to go.

Sure hope he plans and executes better and with more restraint when it comes to other military related matters.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:21 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post

Per her Stephanopoulos interview (the whole interview), what Mrs. Johnson seemed most distressed about was that she wasn't allowed to see any part of her husband's body. It was all wrapped up, invisible to her. Even a finger she said would be recognizable to her. Then she could know for sure that he still wasn't out there.
Mrs. Johnson has known her husband since they were six years old. I can't imagine the grief and pain she is going through now. Anything she says or does is fine by me.

I've known many grieving people who want to hold their loved one on more time before they say that final goodbye.

That she wasn't allowed to raises all sorts of concerns. She doesn't even know if it is her husband in the casket.

I thought she was remarkably composed and dignified.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:36 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Just heard the tape where she's says Trump couldn't remember his name then she immediately states Trump said his name.

She's listened to Wilson too much.
After reading through the transcript, it sounds like she really didn't know what was going on.

Quote:

Why won't the military tell her what happened?
You should know that the military is not going to tell her all aspects of what happened. I have been in the room when a casualty officer was in there telling my friend and her family a statement but then would not come right out and say it was her dad's fault. Over 20 years later and they still don't know what happened. It's the nature of the beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is my favorite post from the Army Times Facebook page in regards to this widow and whole fiasco:
Don't forget the other part of her comment in the replies of it too.
Quote:
yep, I sure did. No one is asking her not to speak about her husband. I’m asking her not to allow his sacrifice to be politicized. I’m sure she’s hurting. No if about it, but to allow anyone to turn my husband’s death into an attack on the president he serves would be dishonoring both his memory and the Country he loves.
And another lady posted:
Quote:
I’m impressed. When my husband died my children were my priority not interviews. Just a difference in grief processes for everyone and my heart aches for ALL 4 families ��Though, my husband would roll over in his grave if I ever tried to use him as political pawn.
Quote:

Here's the thing. The military is going to do what they can to save the family member more heartache. Especially since this was an ambush. We have no idea what condition his body is in.
Once again referencing my friends dad who died on a training mission crash, they also did not allow their family to see his body because they had to identify pieces of it by DNA. The parts they could not identify, all who were involved are buried together in Arlington.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:41 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
The idea that the military is doing all this to protect Mrs. Johnson is somewhat of a stretch.

More likely they are trying to protect themselves. Husband retired from the military. Lot of CYA goes on.

It's been better than two weeks and still no explanation of how her husband was left behind for two days despite activating his locator beacon which the Pentagon says they were tracking.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:43 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
The idea that the military is doing all this to protect Mrs. Johnson is somewhat of a stretch.

More likely they are trying to protect themselves. Husband retired from the military. Lot of CYA goes on.

It's been better than two weeks and still no explanation of how her husband was left behind for two days despite activating his locator beacon which the Pentagon says they were tracking.
Two days rescue mission does not sound abnormal. Just sayin'

Old 10-23-2017, 02:44 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Any junior-league newscaster knows enough to P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E the name. How hard is it to spit out "La David." Or "Johnson"?

To make clear that the cheat sheet is right in front of you - and STILL you're not getting it right?

Then to give up and go on to "Your guy."

Impressions are formed in a matter of seconds.

For Trump and a widow-in-shock about to receive her dead husband's body that call was all downhill.

Plus, it was pretty crappy staff work to put a phone call through with a Democratic congresswoman right there.

Dumb, but then Trump had JUST called Obama out about calling and must have been itching to go.

Sure hope he plans and executes better and with more restraint when it comes to other military related matters.
As a military wife, if my husband is ever KIA, his friends and those who know him call him by his first name. If the POTUS was to call up and offer his condolences on the phone, I would expect his rank and last name.
Did you know he had 2 sgt 's with the last name Johnson to make these calls to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies