Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 11:04 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,046,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, a close friend that decided to listen in on the conversation as she clearly saw an opportunity to pounce on any perceived slight from Trump. And it paid off in droves as Trump's well intended call was twisted by both parties to suit their Trump bashing agenda.

Like I said many times other Gold Star widows had nothing bad to say at all about Trump's call to them.

Totally shameless and despicable attempt at shaming Trump.
They were in a car with other family members and the widow put it on speaker for all to hear. Trump shames himself. He doesn't need anyone to do that for him. As a president, he should stop picking fights with everyone who he may have offended. His response should have been......I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intent and then go on from there. But Trump is incapable of having any empathy

Old 10-24-2017, 05:11 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
I will say this, Trump does say things that are really stupid, but he doesn't mean them that way.

First off, I heard that these men were special forces....and elite group, which they are trained to realize, when they sign up, if they make the team, they may not ever return to a normal life if at all.....

and if they were special forces, and they were ambushed, then something is going on over there, and we may never know what it is...but they were in fact there for a reason.

they all know what they are signing up for...and they are made full aware of that...and that is what Trump was referring to.

It seems to me, that so many people hate him so much....which has been driving by the dems...and I'm not a republican....that they will twist and turn his words to fit their agenda, and they are in fact trying to divide America....
It is most evident...and was evident during the Obama Administration.

they do not report all the facts, conveniently....and I even remember the news explaining Obama's stance, whenever something seemed not quit right and the republican went after him....twisting every word. so the news went to lengths trying to explain the reasoning behind Obamas words or decisions....granted, Obama had charisma, Trump doesn't....but Trump has a much bigger heart....he surely isn't perfect....no one is, but he is not the huge bad boy the media makes him out to be. And yes, I wish he would keep his mouth shut, but believe he tweets, b/c he wants the American people to know what is going on.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:17 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
I'm not saying Trump has always been perfect but he didn't even have to call this widow in the first place. But he chose to do so because he was genuine in his feeling of respect and condolences to the widow.

But isn't it strange this call was taken in the presence of a congresswoman who is a hater of the military and Trump? Total set up and now this widow is making the interview rounds doing a hit piece on Trump.

How is it that other Gold Start widows praised Trump for the calls they received from him, but this one widow is making a political circus and hit job on Trump? Making such a call is not the easiest of things, I could never in my life do such a hard thing.
I was going to post the same thing, that this was a setup. Obviously the woman arranged for the Frederico Wilson to be present. Anything that The POTUS said was going to be politicized and not in a good way.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I was going to post the same thing, that this was a setup. Obviously the woman arranged for the Frederico Wilson to be present. Anything that The POTUS said was going to be politicized and not in a good way.
Also, I believe these guys were all part of a special forces mission. Yes, they were ambushed....and unfortunately killed...but, as Trump said, they signed up for this and knew what they were facing.

He meant they were heroes....not many men would want to be part of a special forces unit, knowing they were being dispatched for their last mission.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 AM

628 posts, read 695,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They were in a car with other family members and the widow put it on speaker for all to hear. Trump shames himself. He doesn't need anyone to do that for him. As a president, he should stop picking fights with everyone who he may have offended. His response should have been......I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intent and then go on from there. But Trump is incapable of having any empathy
100%!!!

Old 10-24-2017, 06:36 AM

628 posts, read 695,348 times
Default WOW! Do I detect ANGER?

WOW! All the bashing of the WIDOW! Typical of TRUMP SUPPORTER! He is never wrong ( yea right ) tRUMP did not handle the call with class. When he called he should have known both names, if his mental ability allow him to remember 15 minutes. tRUMP is really in acute need of PSY HELP. In once conversation he called Mrs Johnson, that woman! Admit it he is an accident waiting to happen. I try everyday to look for the good in #45 everyday he put his foot in his mouth over, over & over. I told several friends give him a chance! My words came back to haunt me in OCTOBER! Yikesssss!!!! Scary with Halloween near!

Last edited by MegaJoy; 10-24-2017 at 06:49 AM..

Old 10-24-2017, 07:00 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Quote:
Yup, a close friend that decided to listen in on the conversation as she clearly saw an opportunity to pounce on any perceived slight from Trump. And it paid off in droves as Trump's well intended call was twisted by both parties to suit their Trump bashing agenda.

Like I said many times other Gold Star widows had nothing bad to say at all about Trump's call to them.

Totally shameless and despicable attempt at shaming Trump.
Of course none of the other families had a bad word to say. No recording and we are supposed to believe that Trump said everything this woman and the Congresswoman say he did? Just more anti-Trump fake news. I get why people are yawning. It's already old.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
100%!!!
he isn't picking any fights with anyone, you lost, your candidate lost, and you hate him, so the only way you can deal with that, is by finding everything wrong about Trump...even if it's not true...

the republicans did the same thing with Obama....

Old 10-24-2017, 07:28 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Of course none of the other families had a bad word to say. No recording and we are supposed to believe that Trump said everything this woman and the Congresswoman say he did? Just more anti-Trump fake news. I get why people are yawning. It's already old.
Exactly, total set up.

Notice how none of the families of the other three killed have made any media appearances like this one. There's a reason for that, those three were actual qualified and tabbed Special Forces soldiers (Green Berets). Also known as the quiet professionals, their families know these things can happen and will stay in the background without engaging in political grandstanding.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why, cause you hate trump? YAWN................
there is nothing really to wake up to, if anything, they need to wake up....

Granted, Trump is far from perfect, but, what the press doesn't report is, basically he is a nice warm hearted giving man.

There was a report, just last week from a dem, who interviewed him and he was shocked, he said, Trump wasn't at all like what the media was making him out to be. He said he found Trump to be a genuine nice man, with a caring heart, who wants to improve America.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-24-2017 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies