Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 08:11 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's your evidence for him "calling her a liar?" He just told people what he said. If she lied, then it will make her look like a liar, but he did not call her a liar.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:14 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I agree with this. I can't, even in my most disgust filled thoughts of Trump conceive of him deliberately offending a soldier's widow. But what would any of us do in this circumstance where we hurt rather than comforted? Call the person a liar? Who does that?
You can't? He's insulted Gold star families the whole campaign, and called McCain weak for getting captured. If you can make those comments, you certainly can intentionally offend a soldier's widow.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She admitted during the interview that Trump said her husband's name. She's a liar.
Just heard the tape where she's says Trump couldn't remember his name then she immediately states Trump said his name.

She's listened to Wilson too much.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
It's crazy how the bigger picture here is invisible to Trump supporters. At this point, it doesn't even matter who said what.

The fact that POTUS is engaging in a petty "he said/she said" with the wife of a dead American hero. Donald Trump is in a war of words on Twitter with a gold star widow who just buried her husband 48 hours ago. Trump supporters got any response for that?

He simply doesn't possess the decency or the situational awareness to realize that "this woman's husband just died for our freedom, maybe I should just let it go and not keep tweeting about it."

Wow. Just.......wow.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:44 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A Congresswoman who hates Trump. Even multiple witnesses have been known to be wrong. Trump said he remembered the soldier's name. And even if he didn't, do you think that FDR and Lincoln recalled the name of every soldier killed in action?
Trump had four names to remember. FOUR. I'm sure they were written down for him for the condolence calls. Granted, the man has a short attention span and has to have things diagrammed for him, but even he should be able to connect four names with a short, written-out condolence speech. And if he can't manage that, then we've all got a lot more to worry about than just this one, of many, incidents.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:48 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
It's crazy how the bigger picture here is invisible to Trump supporters. At this point, it doesn't even matter who said what.

The fact that POTUS is engaging in a petty "he said/she said" with the wife of a dead American hero. Donald Trump is in a war of words withea gold star widow who just buried her husband 48 hours ago. Trump supporters got any response for that?

He simply doesn't possess the decency or the situational awareness to realize that "this woman's husband just died for our freedom, maybe I should just let it go and not keep tweeting about it."

Wow. Just.......wow.
She's doing the MSM circuit within 48 hours after his burial, so she can handle a tweet.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

The fact that POTUS is engaging in a petty "he said/she said" with the wife of a dead American hero. Donald Trump is in a war of words with gold star widow who just buried her husband 48 hours ago. Trump supporters got any response for that?

Wow. Just.......wow.
Yup.

I'd like to hear the full audio in context, but I can't imagine why this widow would lie under these circumstances.

I heard the interview in our office cafe a little while ago and to hear how upset she is was pretty tough.

Terrible situation all around.

Moderator cut: trolling

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:18 PM..

Old 10-23-2017, 08:57 AM

380 posts, read 164,259 times
Quote:
She's doing the MSM circuit within 48 hours after his burial, so she can handle a tweet.
Yes, I was thinking it was odd. Not that I agree Trump should be engaging with her. Definitely makes me wonder about her motivations however.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:57 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yup.

I'd like to hear the full audio in context, but I can't imagine why this widow would lie under these circumstances.
Maybe because Wilson has influenced her to be a Trump hater.

Listen to her audio. She says Trump could not remember the name but then she states Trump called him by his name.

Tell us why she might not tell the truth? Blinded by Trump hate?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:03 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
She admitted during the interview that Trump said her husband's name. She's a liar.
Wilson said that he couldn't remember his name.

If you can't bear to listen to the whole interview, check out 3:40 on.

That should clear up your misunderstanding.

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/922431492793528320
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies