Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 09:50 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,537,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump called the widow and not the father?
Trump criticized Obama because Obama didn't call the fallen serviceman's father (General Kelly) after Kelly's 29 year old married son died in the service. Hmmm - maybe Obama called the widow, just like Trump did.
After all, the spouse is the next-of-kin.
Actually Trump was counseled by General Kelly on whether to call or not and if he did call what he should say. Gen Kelly went into the White House press room yesterday. It is worth watching.
This whole cycle should be non-news.
Trump needs to have someone review his tweets before he posts them. Criticising past Presidential actions is dumb. Trump, you've been elected; stop campaigning against Obama.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:51 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here is a phone call Trump made to a widow, Alreca. Now...which one of you lefties will be the first to admit you were wrong, and once again, believed a bunch of lies?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...a22_video.html'

That is how he talks to those families. This is a prime example of how he feels about vets and soldiers.
I really like this gal Natasha. She said "This is what my husband wanted." in the conversation.

She knew.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:54 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
Quote:
You'll still be wrong. Keep talking, it will make this more fun when you all realize how wrong you are.
I guess you somehow missed the part about waiting for full context of his comments.

Must be a personal record, to completely miss the mark twice in a span of about 5 minutes.

Not sure what in this will be "fun", but that's the dumb logic I've gotten used to with Trump supporters.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Repeating the words "fail" and "lie" over and over again does not imply basic or increased relevancy to their meaning.

Intended or not; he disrespected the soldier's wife by demeaning her husbands sacrifice during his call.

Carry on, you're doing great.

And if you'll go back through this thread you'll see that I agree, she said she was disrespected....no doubt about it....your failure to comprehend is not my problem....

What you seem to be (cough cough) overlooking is what was actually said...that is your failure. Yes, you failed to realize this is thread is based on a partial lie, yes or no?

Or

Maybe you can provide something that nobody else has, the quote were this young lady stated what the thread title states....

Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dearest chuckles:

Your dogged defense of tRump's incompetence is...

... so in step with what you've been instructed to say.

Carry on.

I cannot help it you lie.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Maybe to a general or a military family. But "I am sorry for your loss" is probably better for a 24 year old young woman with two kids and one on the way who is in a car going to retrieve her husband's remains.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,198,315 times
The left will lose again in 2018 and 2020 because of this kind of stuff. The crazy woman politicized something that shouldn't of been touched and went of CNN dressed like a clown to call general Kelly (who knows way more about this than her) racist bc he called her empty barrel. The democrats support this behavior and will continue their losing streak in the elections bc of it

Old 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I guess you somehow missed the part about waiting for full context of his comments.

Must be a personal record, to completely miss the mark twice in a span of about 5 minutes.

Not sure what in this will be "fun", but that's the dumb logic I've gotten used to with Trump supporters.
What's completely missing the mark is the left pretending that they care about military people. The only time the left wants to act pro military is when they politicize it. The rest of the time, all 363 other days out of the year, the left couldn't care any less. Two whole days: When they want to let trans in there, and when they want to believe some rep who has voted against benefiting vets. Dems don't have the military and never will. The majority can see right through the BS that the Dems provide.

I can't wait for the full transcript, either. I will laugh at every last person who actually believes Trump would insult military or their families. That's a Dem thing to do.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:01 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Words said can have different meaning based on the perception of the listener. If you impugn based on your perception rather than the intent then that is a "you" problem. If everyone here posting that Trump is scum because of what Wilson says then that is on you, and I am disgusted that you think the intent was ill toward the widow. You are a partisan that cannot see beyond your hate.
I personally think he meant to do the right thing but as he doesn't have any empathy for people he shouldn't be calling. A scripted letter would have been better and he really should have know the man's name before he called.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:04 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,850,877 times
Quote:
I realize that. I edited it to add the name. My point still stands. You all are believing some clown who voted 10 times against bills that would help veterans.
I certainly believe Kelly who said he advised Trump on the vary language that Trump has denied using.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies