Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
it'll take a **** load of time for banks to deal with 25,000 cases through arbitration, and usually the payouts will be about the same if they harmed everyone similar.

This might be the worst things the banks ever see, dealing with 25,000 cases vs 1
People do NOT have the time to deal with arbitration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 08:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The consumer can NOT afford to go through arbitration so yes, by forcing only this option they are getting screwed.
And the average consumer cant afford to file lawsuits and wait years for their outcome either
Quote:
Many times in a class action the desired outcome by the participants is not a big payout for themselves.
I know, as posted it averages $29 per person if the figures posted are correct.

whippeee

Old 10-26-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
And they dont have years to be dragged out in litigation either..

And I'm not exactly sure why you're arguing this with me given I already said numerous times I disagreed with taking away the ability to sue..

Old 10-26-2017, 08:59 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,551,394 times
Quote:
Scale. No one takes the time to go through arbitration. So if two got $150 and 20,000 got $1 the banks win no matter what.
Exactly. Arbitration cases are not going to skyrocket.

If arbitration were going to cost Wells Fargo the same or more, then why is WF trying to enforce the arbitration clause instead of letting the class action case proceed?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
And the average consumer cant afford to file lawsuits and wait years for their outcome either
I do not have to explain this to you. You fully understand that these cases cost the participants absolutely nothing up front. I was a part of the massive lawsuit against VW. I neither signed up nor spent a penny. I was a part simply by having bought a VW. I did very well.

I would not have done better under arbitration because of the huge negative publicity VW underwent.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Exactly. Arbitration cases are not going to skyrocket.

If arbitration were going to cost Wells Fargo the same or more, then why is WF trying to enforce the arbitration clause instead of letting the class action case proceed?
Because they dont want multi million dollar class action lawsuits and to be ordered to pay millions of dollars in lawyers fees.

Lets face it, banks, and no other industry wants neither arbitration or lawsuits, they are very expensive for everyone.

The numbers dont need to skyrocket they just need to climb enough to be of a hindrance. If millions of people are being harmed, as class action lawsuits claimed, then they will surely climb

Old 10-26-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I do not have to explain this to you. You fully understand that these cases cost the participants absolutely nothing up front. I was a part of the massive lawsuit against VW. I neither signed up nor spent a penny. I was a part simply by having bought a VW. I did very well.

I would not have done better under arbitration because of the huge negative publicity VW underwent.
And were you REALLY harmed having just "bought a VW", or did someone else decide you were harmed and then sued, whereas you received a benefit for something you really wasnt harmed over?

I receive lots of notices of class action lawsuits, just received a $30 postcard in the mail for "Justice" the other day, for reasons I dont even know, claiming I was a victim of fraud from Justice, where at one time I bought my daughter some jewelry.. We wasnt harmed, but some lawyer, somewhere, decided I deserved money and I dont even know why..

its nonsense..

Old 10-26-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
And were you REALLY harmed having just "bought a VW", or did someone else decide you were harmed and then sued, whereas you received a benefit for something you really wasnt harmed over?
Harmed? Yes, I could argue I was. I did buy into the "clean diesel". It seems it was not. I now own a plug in Hybrid. If the car had met EPA standards it would have had lousy performance so they cheated. I bought the car for it's performance, fuel mileage and clean technology. I did get 2 of the 3. So, was I cheated and lied to in order to get me buy the car?

By you even asking you are exposing your position.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:54 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Pence and the GOP took care to protect their swamp. They did exactly what one would expect of swamp creatures.
If Trump signs it i guess his supporters will admit Trump is swamp creature... maybe the king of them all..

After All, super establishment royalty Mercer Family funded Trump Bannon Breitbart and much of trump's campaign...

Trump is beholden to his swamp masters and he will make his next payment by signing this...

Old 10-26-2017, 09:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Arbitration will be weighed heavily on the side of the banks in this case - you can count on that.

Quote:

I know, as posted it averages $29 per person if the figures posted are correct.

whippeee
That is why we have Class Action lawsuits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies