Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 09:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yeah now Cruz can go kiss the ring of Don POTUS.
So far, tRump has slagged on Cruz personally, his wife, and then that insane accusation about his father and Oswald.

Yet Cruz still licks up to tRump like a puppy.

A totally spineless coward.

The perfect GOP senator.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 11:22 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How is it so difficult for Oswald to pull off?

He literally worked at the book depository where he fired the shots (and brought a long thin package to work that morning).

Contrary to conspiracy theorists he was highly trained with that rifle at longer distances than the distance of the shots and was aiming at a slow moving target literally driving by his workplace.

The parade route was announced we'll in advance.

How is this difficult to pull off?
Well, the presidential security guardians would have blocked the shots, had they not pulled themselves off the job by sudden changed orders.

Hey, no security anywhere, and you could get a shot in.

The shooters new the plan - they (the shooters) were secured by inversed security means.

Who'd a thought! Who'd a thought!

Old 10-27-2017, 11:30 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Well, the presidential security guardians would have blocked the shots, had they not pulled themselves off the job by sudden changed orders.
Do you have any evidence or references that support this statement?

Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How is it so difficult for Oswald to pull off?

He literally worked at the book depository where he fired the shots (and brought a long thin package to work that morning).

Contrary to conspiracy theorists he was highly trained with that rifle at longer distances than the distance of the shots and was aiming at a slow moving target literally driving by his workplace.

The parade route was announced we'll in advance.

How is this difficult to pull off?

You left out one important part from my statement. ON HIS OWN. I don't think Oswald had the smarts, motivation, or moxie to do this unless motivated by someone else. He MAY have been the loan shooter, but I believe that others were in the planning, and as he said, "I'm just a patsy".

Quote:
A Moving Target and a Poor Rifle

Although the distance from Oswald’s supposed location to JFK’s car was never more than about 90 yards (82 metres) during the shooting, several factors increased the difficulty of the act:
  • the presidential limousine was moving away from the gunman’s location;
  • the car was obscured for some of the time by an oak tree;
  • all the shots had to have been fired within a very short space of time;
  • and, most importantly, the only rifle that could have been used was awkward and unpredictable.
Simulating the JFK Assassination

For the benefit of the Warren Commission, expert riflemen from the US Army and the FBI attempted to duplicate the assassin’s task, using the rifle that had been discovered on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository.
Even after fixing some of the gun’s mechanical problems, and despite firing at stationary targets from an easier vantage point, they failed to achieve the combination of accuracy and speed demanded of the lone gunman: two hits out of three, within about six seconds

I have shot a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle. Oswalds was a surplus gun with a cheap scope. All I could get out of it was about 4 - 5 inch groups at 100 yards, and that was bench rested with a stationary target. It is no sniper rifle, but more of a battle carbine. Yes, just one example of the rifle, but I have read others with similar experiences.

Was Lee Harvey Oswald an Expert Marksman? : The JFK Assassination

Last edited by Pilot1; 10-27-2017 at 12:05 PM..

Old 10-27-2017, 11:34 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
They thought Papa Bush would be dead by now. I predict they will keep stalling until then.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:03 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I really doubt Oswald could pull this off on his own. The fact he was killed by a mob connected henchman tells me the mafia was at least partially involved. It is well know the CIA was using the mob to plan to assassinate Castro, and had used the mob (Lucky Luciano) previously in WWII for things like the NYC dock union cooperation.
There is no way he pulled it off on his own....

no way

I remember the picture of Oswald holding a rifle, they posted on the cover of what was it, LIFE, and you could absolutely tell it was a doctored photo....that his head was placed on top of the body....everyone said that...

Old 10-27-2017, 12:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You mean the dead are worried about their reputations?
The agencies involved are worried about theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
On a more positive note, these are the type of of shenanigans that foster mistrust of govt
This is a mere drop in an ocean of government shenanigans.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:12 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Quote:
<>He MAY have been the loan shooter<>
Breathe . . . slow down . . . edit your work . . .

Old 10-27-2017, 12:15 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Breathe . . . slow down . . . edit your work . . .

What? So you KNOW he was the lone shooter? Hmmmm, must be nice to be all knowing. Please do tell.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
What? So you KNOW he was the loan shooter? Hmmmm, must be nice to be all knowing. Please do tell.
He meant you should have said lone, not loan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies