Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 06:43 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocheychi View Post
Most poor White people Vote republican no matter what State they are in especially in the South
That makes no sense given Democrats support expanding welfare and entitlements and raising taxes on the rich. Democrats are going hard for the poor vote, GOP is going for the middle class vote with lower taxes, welfare and entitlement reform policies.

The Democrats say GOP is 'the party of the rich' and self describe the Democratic party as the party for the poor.

In the south, the poor areas vote bigly for the Democratic party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 06:47 PM

63 posts, read 25,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Trump won a majority of college educated white voters.
Trump won white voters by a margin almost identical to that of Mitt Romney which is not surprising. Whats different is Trump’s margin among whites without a college degree is the largest among any candidate in exit polls since 1980. Two-thirds (67%) of non-college whites backed Trump

Old 10-29-2017, 06:49 PM

Many of those voters were blue collar Democrats that had voted for Obama 4 years prior, so you are making my point for me. I agree Trump has more appeal with blue collar white people than typical of a GOP pol, but he also won a majority of the white educated vote, yet you are trying to associate lack of education and poverty with the average Trump supporter.

The reality is Democrats would not compete in national elections without dominating among poor voters. They win nearly 100 percent in the populated poor inner cities.

The reason Democrats love immigration so much is many of the immigrants are poor and likely Democratic voters.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
That makes no sense given Democrats support expanding welfare and entitlements and raising taxes on the rich. Democrats are going hard for the poor vote, GOP is going for the middle class vote with lower taxes, welfare and entitlement reform policies.

The Democrats say GOP is 'the party of the rich' and self describe the Democratic party as the party for the poor.

In the south, the poor areas vote bigly for the Democratic party.

Based purely on self-interest. Lower wage earners should vote for the party that would help them the most economically like the Democrats. Poor whites continue to vote against there own best interest So why does the poor white/lower middle-class population continue to favor the Republicans despite the fact that the economic promises of the party have been shown to be bogus? Partly it is a cultural phenomenon. The Republican platform is against abortion and gay marriage and for gun rights, important issues for Poor/lower-middle-class whites more so important than the Obamacare That they didn't know they had.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:00 PM

Lower middle class and poor are not the same thing.

I don't think there is any correlation between being pro life and income, and abortions are common among lower income people.

It is funny how you have tried to argue that the Democrats aren't the party of the poor but are the party of the poor at the same time.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Many of those voters were blue collar Democrats that had voted for Obama 4 years prior, so you are making my point for me. I agree Trump has more appeal with blue collar white people than typical of a GOP pol, but he also won a majority of the white educated vote, yet you are trying to associate lack of education and poverty with the average Trump supporter.

The reality is Democrats would not compete in national elections without dominating among poor voters. They win nearly 100 percent in the populated poor inner cities.

The reason Democrats love immigration so much is many of the immigrants are poor and likely Democratic voters.
They populated poor inner cities are majority black. The rural poor whites Vote Republican

Old 10-29-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
They populated poor inner cities are majority black. The rural poor whites Vote Republican
I don't think it is true most white poor people are Republican voters. I think that you assume people in in rural areas must be poor. Also in the south, many black poor people live in rural areas and Hillary dominated many rural counties in the south.

It is interesting how liberals like you seem to focus on white poverty. You view poverty in terms of skin color.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Lower middle class and poor are not the same thing.

I don't think there is any correlation between being pro life and income, and abortions are common among lower income people.

It is funny how you have tried to argue that the Democrats aren't the party of the poor but are the party of the poor at the same time.
I said they are not the party of poor white America that goes to republican party

Old 10-29-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I said they are not the party of poor white America that goes to republican party
It doesn't make any sense that white poor people would favor the GOP over the party that wants to expand welfare, entitlements, etc. Poor white people don't care about tax cuts because they aren't paying income tax.

What is interesting is you like to make GOP out as poor white people voters as though that is a bad thing.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I don't think it is true most white poor people are Republican voters. I think that you assume people in in rural areas are poor. Also in the south, many black poor people live in rural areas and Hillary dominated many rural counties in the south.

You seem to have an obsession with skin color, and you seem to think black poverty doesn't matter.
Race, Skin color, and nationality matter no matter what you're dealing with Its always mattered in this country this country was built on Identity politics So yes America has an obsession with skin color. Your assumptions are wrong if you think I don't think black poverty matters. I was merely responded to posters who keep saying Democrats are keeping poor blacks as slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies