Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Black family structure has nothing to do with political party.

As already noted in this thread blacks have always had twice as many single parent led households than whites since the 1880s.

In the 1880s blacks voted for Republicans lol.

It is silly to always think that a political party someone supports is indicative of their educational or financial situation in life or that an entire group of 40 million people don't want to be self sufficient or educated. ETA: This is actually what most of the Civil Rights Movement was about - blacks wanted to be able to be self sufficient without threat of racial violence, to be protected by laws in this country, and for their children to receive a high quality education. Those things are actually the back bone of the cultural tenet of activism in black America.

This was a very weird comment IMO.
It's about the handouts which they left votes for moreso than the right. Blacks started voting for dems in the presidential election overwhelmingly starting with FDR when he began his handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That deviation from the standard HAPPENED DURING AND BECAUSE OF THE RACIAL OPPRESSION OF BLACKS.
I have no interest in addressing your apologetic nonsense. But I would like you to read this quote, and really dissect it and understand it...

"Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition." - Thomas Jefferson

If we look at a small farmer, regardless of color, we can assume with near-certainty, that he is married, and likely very religious. I would guess that the rate of single-parent families among black farmers is nearly zero, and almost-identical to the rate among white farmers.

And likewise, if you go into the cities, especially the impoverished areas, and you were to compare its black residents to its white residents, you would find very similar rates of single-parent families.

It is dependence which poisons men. The more dependent a person is, and not merely on the government, but also his employer, or the market, the more corrupt he becomes. If you want to help blacks, you must help them become more independent.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Sure. The majority of people in my traditional Christian circles vote Democrat, including my parents. They are strongly against children out of wedlock, gender dysphoria, emphasize healthy diets etc. They believe in Biblical laws, including the Sabbath and dietary laws (unlike most supposed Bible-thumping conservatives). However, they believe in freedom of choice and the importance of separation of church and state. They consider the mixing church and state in the way Republicans do, a serious threat to religious freedom. Therefore, they will NOT vote Republican - cannot do so based on principle.

You don't know anything about the personal beliefs of Democratic voters, aa they vary significantly. Like many Republicans (more than other conservatives), you convince yourself of lies and spew ignorance. Most of your kind will never be as individually conservative and adhere to religious principles as seriously as Democrats in my circles.

We can speak about other religions as well...
It's not about your one example. It's about the truth.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Here are my issues with this. I believe you're not being honest about the severity of how things were for blacks in America. I love that you're talking up black people and blackness, but I don't think it does anybody any good to paint a picture that nothing was ever really wrong. If anything you're backing up the claims of some of these white supremacists that say that blacks didn't have it THAT bad. We have to be honest about the damage done, and learn from it. The black family structure has been engineered far too much in this country. We can't talk about the importance of the traditional nuclear family, then turn around and say that it didn't really matter either. Blacks DO have more single parent households, and that's not an insult to blackness. There are obvious external things at play, mainly white supremacy that did this. We can't just act like blacks had complete control over our destinies here in this country.

Again, I appreciate the attempt to talk up the good that some blacks did for family and community, but we can't live in delusion about the white supremacy role in the downfall of the black family structure. All the way up to mass incarceration and adding stipulations to welfare. We can't act like we did this to ourselves.

I remember Trevor Noah said something that really stuck with me. He said that in South Africa, the government/white people basically acknowledged to the people they oppressed that..."yes, we did this to you...you're not crazy...you're not inherently inferior...WE DID THIS". This will never happen in the U.S. People will forever find ways to say it's 100% black people fault,
No they won't, that's just something you made up. People in this very thread are blaming government handouts, that you ignore that is telling.

Quote:
and if you blame whites you're stupid or crazy.
No you're racist.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Given that the rate is 29% for whites, you need to stop asking why its 72% for blacks. The only % that needs an explanation is 43%, since obviously the "STANDARD" is set by whites 29% and hence the deviation from the "STANDARD" is 43. That deviation from the standard HAPPENED DURING AND BECAUSE OF THE RACIAL OPPRESSION OF BLACKS. That divination from the standard is actually declining, as the rate of single births rise faster among whites than blacks the last 50 years.

Now....that is the sound of the tree falling in the forest.....does it make a sound?

Internet Promotion: A Way to Make Falling Trees Heard |

It don't get any louder than that.
No the rates haven't risen faster for whites than blacks. Just the opposite and it isn't even close. Nothing to do with your skin color that you're wrong either. It's your inability to problem solve.

~1960 30 percent of blacks were from single parent families. Now it's 70%
Of the 70 that were 2 parent families in 1960, 40 more became single parent. 40 out of 70 = An increase of almost 60 percent.

White families had a 10 percent rate. Of the 90 that were 2 parent families in 1960, 20 more became single parent. 20 out of 90 = An increase of 22 percent.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I have no interest in addressing your apologetic nonsense. But I would like you to read this quote, and really dissect it and understand it...

"Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition." - Thomas Jefferson

If we look at a small farmer, regardless of color, we can assume with near-certainty, that he is married, and likely very religious. I would guess that the rate of single-parent families among black farmers is nearly zero, and almost-identical to the rate among white farmers.

And likewise, if you go into the cities, especially the impoverished areas, and you were to compare its black residents to its white residents, you would find very similar rates of single-parent families.

It is dependence which poisons men. The more dependent a person is, and not merely on the government, but also his employer, or the market, the more corrupt he becomes. If you want to help blacks, you must help them become more independent.
Agreed.
When we're young, most of us are taught to work for things. "You'll appreciate it more". Funny how those falsely playing the race card conventiently forget that.
When you're taught to rely on government you won't work to get ahead. Why would someone when they are taught to not work. It's human nature.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
The person I agreed with said that slavery gave blacks a poor foundation of family structure in the U.S. I think this is very true and an often overlooked aspect of the black American experience. You have centuries of families being split up. There were also slaves that would snitch on other slaves. You didn't know who to even trust. Centuries of the black males being either removed from the home or black males being put in a position of not being a part of the leadership of a household. I do think it matters that the black families and the black community was socially engineered for a few hundred years. Especially when combined with a host of other aspects of being dominated by whites.

It's an interesting subject and I agree with much of the reasoning behind the opinion expressed, but what I don't agree with is the claim that somehow what happened so many generations ago, and under a system that hasn't existed in as long, now prevents responsible behavior in some way.

This simply isn't the case and a silly excuse for willful behavior otherwise celebrated in many areas of contemporary black culture.

Blacks, in an unwise political alliance with feminists, have marginalized the once celebrated quality of masculinity due to its exclusivity to males and its tendency to advance otherwise responsible and productive men over women.

Like their quickly disappearing white male counterparts, black men will once again embrace the role of father and husband when the larger society rediscovers and acknowledges the unique and indispensable value of men, regardless of race.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No one is blaming whites for anything
Then what's with all the bogus "white privilege" allegations?

Let's all face facts. Whites in the 21st century are the new 1930s Jews. The exact same tactics Hitler and the Nazis used against the Jews in the 1930s are being used by the left to demonize whites, now.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:22 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Given that the rate is 29% for whites, you need to stop asking why its 72% for blacks.
Why? Has it somehow managed to elude you that 72.2% is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than 29%? Was the president of the California Community College System right about you, too? Bad at math?

Old 11-02-2017, 06:31 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yet in 1960 over twice as many blacks stayed married compared to day, So according to you it's more racist today? Anytime you give someone money they will take it. That's what welfare does. Makes one more dependant on government handouts.
You should have read all the post before you commented. I already explained what you erroneously see as a contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies