Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 07:56 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So are you saying all the white baby daddy's who aren't marrying their baby momma's aren't "sperm donors" too?

That's all I was asking you. I know you like to go on your racial bashing quests with specific statistical categories so you can go on with it if you'd like, but I specifically asked you if you consider the white men to be "sperm donors" and if so, why not call all of them as such.
I'm interested in the answer to this question as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They are, but to a MUCH lesser extent.

The single mother birth rates, by race:

Blacks: 72.2%
American Indians/Alaska Natives: 66.9%
Hispanics: 53.5%
Whites (non-Hispanic): 29.4%
Asians/Pacific Islanders: 17.1%
(Source: CDC)

Notice a pretty HUGE difference, there?

Facts aren't "bashing." By not acknowledging and addressing the facts, you're exacerbating the problem. Just like a good little Dem; doing what you're told... Keeping poor people poor and therefore voting Dem, so Dems can keep some semblance of political power.

How can anyone be such a race traitor? Serious question.
Can you provide a link to where you got these numbers?

Old 11-03-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's right there. I made it red so you can't miss it
Then why single out black men as such?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sweet, your dad was a hippie.
As long as government isn't the village. Voluntarily helping vs inefficient government using force to take our money for others causes.

Not sweet. Pretty damaging actually.
I wouldn't call him a hippie but whatever...

I'm sure you'd complain if your sewers weren't working or your garbage wasn't picked up (though I'm sure you'll come back at me and say you have a well and you burn your garbage or something) yet you rail against government using money for causes. Whatevs.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:17 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's true that monogamous marriage was not part of the culture in the parts of Africa where African-American slaves came from. But it's also true that by 1960, white cultural norms imposed on blacks in this country produced huge changes such that only 20% of black kids were born outside of marriage. The Great Society undid all those social incentives and replaced them with incentives to have children outside of marriage.

So, yes, the Great Society destroyed the black family.
Sorry, I’m not buying it. That’s a blanket statement.

That’s like someone saying I’m a wife beater because you made me lose my temper.

People make their own choices.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:46 PM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
................Married or not, I do subscribe to the "village" perspective of society. I do not believe it is nonsense. As a matter of fact, I think believing it to be nonsense is at the core of the dysfunction of our current society.
I think the village was a good idea back when adults and persons of authority actually had the authority. Unfortunately, in today's world that authority has been usurped; now the mantra, is "Don't you lecture my kid".
And kids say "You can't touch me."

So the "village" has been destroyed along with the marriages that made it worthwhile.

Some of my most admired and favorite people have remained unmarried their entire lives. But universally, they are childless.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:51 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
sigh... you can't do math

Blacks 1960 to 1970 ~25 to ~30 percent an increase of 5 from 25 or 20%
Whites 1960 to 1970 ~5 to ~10 percent an increase of 5 from 5 or 100%
Even a drastic increase, White women were still less likely to be divorced than Black women. Until Black and White divorce rates are very similar, then it is safer to say that there have been problems with marriage and divorce in the black population relative to the rest of the USA at a higher level.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:01 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
But that doesn't change the fact that the rules are the same for black and white people...
See, the way some people think here - "White children born out of wedlock is not a big deal, since there are relatively not too many of them. So we could have taken care of this problem and afford ( as a society) the welfare payments. But when you key in Black children born out of wedlock, then the whole welfare thing gets out of hands, since a lot of Black women have children out of wedlock, which becomes a financial burden on the rest of society.
What these people need to understand, is that while living in the multi-racial society, one can't pick and choose who is entitled to "women emancipation" and who is not. Once the Whites promote the "sexual revolution" and "women's right to choose," - sorry, they can't expect Blacks to stay in faithful Christian marriages.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:11 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Can you provide a link to where you got these numbers?
LMGTFY

Pick any one

Old 11-03-2017, 10:30 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
You are denying the obvious reasons why that 2 parent families are better than 1 parent families. Otherwise why try to blame it on something else other than welfare which causes people to rely on government instead of each other? You linked 2 unrelated items, saying you don't know what is the reason, yet you have no other explanation.
Are you denying that humans will take free money when it's offered? Instead of trying so hard to look elsewhere how about you look for the truth?

Out of wedlock births isn't the narrative, more precisely it's about single parent families.
Welfare causes people to not work, When one doesn't work they wont get ahead. They won't make it too the Middle class. Ignore that all you want. Don't ever address these facts.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Why don't you compare the rates when you factor in income. Does that make the percentages closer? Or are you going to deny the fact that lower income people come from a much higher percentage of single parent families on welfare.

btw the divorce rates went up by the same percentage when you compare 1960-1964 vs 1970-1974. For some reason you think in the 4 years after Jim Crow laws ended, 1965-1969, the change will happen immediately? Why is that?

1960-64 vs 65-69
white 6.8 to 8.8 went up 2 from 6.8 = 29 percent increase
black 36.1 to 53.6 went up 17.5 from 36.1 = 48.4 percent increase

1960-64 vs 1970-1974
white 6.8 to 11.1 went up 4.3 from 6.8 = 63 percent increase
black 36.1 to 59.0 went up 22.9 from 36.1 = 63 percent increase

But it's got to be racism right? No other explanation on why blacks are exactly like any other race when it comes to handouts.

Excuse me for ruining the narrative that blacks are somehow different than all the other races. That they should somehow be expected to rise up from welfare that comes with single parenthood even though the other groups and races have the exact same problem.
Actually, you are missing my point. I was trying to get you to think instead of reciting the "no more welfare" mantra. The whole "Blacks were better off before welfare came" is a joke. Look at today vs the 60s. More Blacks going to college, getting degrees, entering the middle class, kids born to parents who are middle class. We have more of that now than the beginning stages of the LBJ administration.

As for welfare and not working, here is something you need to consider. Black males were more likely to be unemployed than Black women. Many people who receive food stamps are the working poor. In short, they don't make enough to not need welfare. This is something I've learned. Black women are far more likely to be on welfare than Black men. However, it is Black men who are more likely to be unemployed than Black women. Black men have a higher unemployment rate than any other segment of the population. I have the pleasure of going to the GA Dept of Labor after being laid off this year. I noticed something. There were more men filing for unemployment than women. There were more women than men working at the DOL.

And while we're on their numbers, let's do a better comparison. 1965-69 vs 1970-74.

53. 6 to 59 percent for Black women (10 percent increase)
8.8 to 11.1 percent for White women (26 percent increase)

Even with rapid increases with White out of wedlock births, Black out of wedlock birth rates were more than 5 times that of Whites.

I never said Blacks were inherently different from Whites. I said there was another reason for Black out of wedlock birth rates being higher than anyone else for years, even before welfare.

This is what I'm seeing. Black women have lower unemployment rates than Black men, despite it being much harder for men to get welfare. There are many women on welfare who work. I hear the theory of "take welfare away and it will make people work". What about people who work, but rely on public assistance anyway? What about the number of Black men who sell illegal drugs to make money? And how about this. This is something that hasn't been discussed. Men being told they were not needed. Men being in positions where they could not provide for a family, or in a position where they were redundant. The 60s saw a ride of "I don't need a man" kind of feminism.

I would also read this.

https://people.eou.edu/socwelf/readi...-in-the-1960s/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies