Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Trump isn't going to "cut it". If people think that he or his administration can really do anything about our corrupt System (run by our corrupt Elite), then they are fooling themselves. The ONLY hope is an actual Revolution, just like in 1776.
Pre-emptive strike: "yeah, good luck with THAT, buddy..........let's see how you and your little Revolutionaries fare against tanks and Warthogs."
Nobody said it would be easy (or even likely to ever happen). But it's literally our only hope.
time for meds- we should not have to settle our country's problems via bloodshed - have men not learned a dam thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 07:47 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
time for meds- we should not have to settle our country's problems via bloodshed - have men not learned a dam thing?
You're right---we shouldn't have to.
Sad that it's gotten this far.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Trump isn't going to "cut it". If people think that he or his administration can really do anything about our corrupt System (run by our corrupt Elite), then they are fooling themselves. The ONLY hope is an actual Revolution, just like in 1776.
Pre-emptive strike: "yeah, good luck with THAT, buddy..........let's see how you and your little Revolutionaries fare against tanks and Warthogs."
Nobody said it would be easy (or even likely to ever happen). But it's literally our only hope.
I agree 110 %, but the problem is, there are far too many people that have been brainwashed and conditioned to take Govts side, it would turn into a civil war very quickly, and the revolutionaries would be labelled as domestic terrorists from the start. Its what any tyrannical govt would do, seek to discredit the threat.

I do believe if this govt was removed from power, eventually the revolutionaries would be seen as american patriots and go down in history as heroes.

Those that say the people could never win should look at history, no one ever thought the american colonies stood a chance against the might of England, however back then, the people stood together and recognized the enemy for what they were, not so much today, as so many people cannot recognize the true enemy (that did not happen by coincidence either).

Old 11-08-2017, 09:25 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
something we agree on. unfortunately some have not learned the lessons of the past yet.

Quote:
You're right---we shouldn't have to.
Sad that it's gotten this far.
no it has not gotten to the point of armed revolution. we have weathered worse in this country, we can weather this as well. perhaps you need a vacation at some nice enclosed resort where you can deal with your issues with the help of a nice doctor.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
you cant have a revolution when the object is the government you elected.
A revolution is when one people throw off the rule of some other people from outside.

all we can have here is a civil war. those are always bad, never end well even when they succeed and in the end tend to lead to something far worse.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:36 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no it has not gotten to the point of armed revolution. we have weathered worse in this country, we can weather this as well. perhaps you need a vacation at some nice enclosed resort where you can deal with your issues with the help of a nice doctor.
I don't want to see any armed conflict at all. (and it wont be revolution, it will be civil war). all that will do is make dead people out of live people and end in worse government.

but seriously when has it been worse without a civil war? we have seen economic upheaval in the past that we survived. we have seen wars with others and we survived. but I am not so sure we have seen the kind of hatred in our politics, the kind of polarization we are seeing now, except in the lead up to the Civil War.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you cant have a revolution when the object is the government you elected.
A revolution is when one people throw off the rule of some other people from outside.

That is completely wrong, the Constitution gives the people the right to remove a govt from power, even if its an elected one that has become tyrannical, and if by force if necessary.

No one thought the american colonies would stand a chance of beating England either, but they did.

I believe a revolution could be successful, but it would be a brutal war, and would pit families against each other. I think the beginning would be the worse, Id imagine city, state law enforcement would be the first line of defense, but even among those ranks, there would likely be those who decide to stand with the revolution.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I don't want to see any armed conflict at all. (and it wont be revolution, it will be civil war). all that will do is make dead people out of live people and end in worse government.

but seriously when has it been worse without a civil war? we have seen economic upheaval in the past that we survived. we have seen wars with others and we survived. but I am not so sure we have seen the kind of hatred in our politics, the kind of polarization we are seeing now, except in the lead up to the Civil War.
Tyranny is getting our of control today though, I cannot think of one thing where Govt is not somehow involved in, and most of the time, they get involved, create and pass new laws, regulations claiming its all to protect the public, but history should have taught us to recognize this for what it is.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
I revolution will never be needed it will just happen without any planning, and I will list the reasons.

1. This concept of debt will end and all things will crash, when that happens see there will be no bailouts this time.
2. We still have guns, even if it all crashes the government need to rule and get people to pay into the system no so sure it will work again.
3. no internet, no TV, no food will bring about alot of angry people to do something.

If you want a revolution find a way to turn off all cell phones, tv and restrict food you will see some changes while you might not like the revolution you will get because people who have grown comfortable to dancing with stars and american idol will sudden only be interested in changes until the TV can get them back to sleep.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

when has it been worse? how about the 1930s? we were in a great depression that lasted the entire decade, and generally made worse by the policies put in place by the hoover and FDR administrations. or how about post world war one during the wilson administration? again we were in a severe recession that ended after the harding administration cut taxes and government spending, there is a reason they were called the roaring twenties.

we had lots of problems both before and after the civil war. reconstruction took far longer than it would have had lincoln not been assassinated. think things are bad in congress today? forget it, its a mild argument compared to the fist fights and pistol duels that used to occur in the early days of our republic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies