Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5b2_2k5is

The 2nd Amendment in a nutshell. It only applies to certain people.

There is more to the story.
Sold him a weapon previous, that was found on someone else?
Gun registry?

Old 11-08-2017, 08:34 PM

3,338 posts, read 2,142,463 times
The proprietor can refuse sale at his leisure. If the customer suspects that the proprietor is a racist, I'm unsure why he would want to support the business. Most normal people don't continue to insist upon forking over hundreds of dollars to a business that they legitimately believe has treated them with disrespect.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5b2_2k5is

The 2nd Amendment in a nutshell. It only applies to certain people.

1. Another truncated video. We don't know (and neither do you) what happened before.

2. The other employee is conducting business with a black man, so there goes your argument.

3. During his rant, the guy said that the owner wouldn't sell him or his friend a gun. Later, he said that "the minute he walked in" he wouldn't take care of him. Which was it. Did the owner have reason to suspect that he was a straw man purchaser for "his friend?"

4. He SAID he'd made purchases there before, and still had one on layaway....so there was something different about this transaction.

And there you have it. A licensed gun dealer doing what he's supposed to do...and the gun-grabbers still aren't happy.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:46 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
A gun shop owner refusing service based on "well I think you're going to commit a crime". This a person that makes money from 2A, and now all of a sudden he's thinks this guy is guilty or he can predict the future. LOL. Like I said, yall scream about 2A until certain people want to exercise their rights.
LOL. Like I said, the Second Amendment is totally irrelevant. Did you not read what I wrote?

Old 11-08-2017, 08:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
There is more to this story that we don't know. This owner knows something about this guy. It will come out.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
1. Another truncated video. We don't know (and neither do you) what happened before.

2. The other employee is conducting business with a black man, so there goes your argument.

3. During his rant, the guy said that the owner wouldn't sell him or his friend a gun. Later, he said that "the minute he walked in" he wouldn't take care of him. Which was it. Did the owner have reason to suspect that he was a straw man purchaser for "his friend?"

4. He SAID he'd made purchases there before, and still had one on layaway....so there was something different about this transaction.

And there you have it. A licensed gun dealer doing what he's supposed to do...and the gun-grabbers still aren't happy.
Yes, if I were his lawyer I would be making the argument suggested by your point #4. The argument's a winner if the facts support it.

I don't know the facts, but why would he sell to this guy on other occasions but not this time? A jury would be ready to believe that it was because something seemed different this time. That's just an explanation that would make sense and explain what happened.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:12 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,686,999 times
Chris King Mason and his friends went to Hopkins Gun and Tackle on Mechanicsville Turnpike in Richmond, Va to purchase firearms.

You know, if I'm an FFL and a group of people walk in to buy a gun I'm not selling it either unless they're all willing to submit to a NICS screening and all of them pass.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:50 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Joe's back promoting statist slavery!

Good to see ya back in the saddle my friend.

I'm cool with the statist label, but my view is one of pragmatism, rather than control - we would both agree that everyone has the right to hate whoever they want to hate, and also the right to deny any service they feel like.

But a person also has the right to use violence to protect themselves or family from harm -this could be bashing the doctor who refuses to perform a life saving emergency surgery, to force them to perform surgery, or shooting the motel owner to prevent them from refusing a room when there's a life threatening blizzard outside.

Interfering with the exercise of rights can make society run a little smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Why should race or sex be different?

Right. It shouldn't.
Because these are things you can't change.

If you think that being white is the same as using bad language, then there's not much more I can say.

Last edited by Joe90; 11-09-2017 at 12:02 AM..

Old 11-08-2017, 11:58 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Yes, if I were his lawyer I would be making the argument suggested by your point #4. The argument's a winner if the facts support it.

I don't know the facts, but why would he sell to this guy on other occasions but not this time? A jury would be ready to believe that it was because something seemed different this time. That's just an explanation that would make sense and explain what happened.
He, specifically the guy in the video, didn't know that black guy was a customer, the black guy most likely was served by other clerks at the store. Am I not explaining this clear enough? The guy in this video had never seen this customer before, but his employees that are not racist legally sold guns to this man and they didn't insult him bad accusing him making straw purchases. It's pretty clear what is happening.

Black guy has bought guns from said store before FROM OTHER CLERKS WHO ARE NOT RACIST. racist owner just happens to be there that day. All of a sudden this repeat customer looks like a "potential" criminal for some reason, before he even opens his mouth. What could it possibly be?

Old 11-09-2017, 12:01 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
LOL. Like I said, the Second Amendment is totally irrelevant. Did you not read what I wrote?
It is for black people...according to some, specifically this store owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies