Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 05:27 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times

Advertisements

Why mention the guy was black?

Moral of the story if you are an FFL and suspicious of a straw buy, you can only restrict sales to suspicious white guys. Black guys are exempt.

What is the definition of a regular customer?

Did he buy a large amount of firearms over a short amount of time?

Gang members will use someone with no criminal record to buy legit firearms. Is the FFL to assume the best and take a chance just to make a profit?

If you see something, say something, or in this case you have the power do something.

Wouldn't put it past the prospective buyer to be a shill of a media outlet trying to do an anti firearm expose on gun shops.

What is the rest of the story?

then again if the buyer was a member or sympathetic to the terror group, BLM, he shouldn't be able to buy a firearm.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:28 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Remember, the potential buyer was part of a group that came in. Who looked at and picked out the gun? If anyone other than the potential buyer did, then no, you don't sell the gun. My wife wanted to buy me a handgun for Christmas. I went with her to pick it out. The store made me do a background check, which I passed of course, and I had to pay for it. He was just following federal law. YOU CANNOT BUY A GUN FOR ANOTHER PERSON, PERIOD.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:07 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Any reason. Period. his store, his rules.
Agreed, except for race, sex etc - behavior is different to genetics.

If a doctor wants to chuck me out because they don't like my attitude, then I'm fine with. If they want to chuck me out because they don't like brown hair, then I will use violence to get what I want.

Last edited by Joe90; 11-10-2017 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-10-2017, 10:38 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Remember, the potential buyer was part of a group that came in. Who looked at and picked out the gun? If anyone other than the potential buyer did, then no, you don't sell the gun. My wife wanted to buy me a handgun for Christmas. I went with her to pick it out. The store made me do a background check, which I passed of course, and I had to pay for it. He was just following federal law. YOU CANNOT BUY A GUN FOR ANOTHER PERSON, PERIOD.
Actually, buying a gun as a gift does not count as a straw purchase as you were not paying her for it. The store was in error.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:48 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
"The Supreme Court decided in a 5-4 decision that federal law does not allow one person to purchase a gun for another person, even if both parties are legally able to own a firearm."

Old 11-10-2017, 10:51 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
OP goes on ignore, was overdue for inability to have a reasonable intelligent conversation about pretty much anything.

1) Repeatedly ignores people pointing out that the SALE of a gun is not a 2A issue but in the way they are presenting it would be more of a discrimination case. (OP Please note the 2A does not cover discrimination any more than someone with a really low IQ would charge a botched throat surgery as a 1A violation.)

2) One of the flags for straw purchase is that multiple people come in as a group, they pick out guns and then one guy buys them.

Hey, maybe if you get your car repo'd you can start a thread about them violating the 4th amendment. lmao.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:29 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Legally, I fully support the right for business owners to deny services to anyone for whatever reason.

THAT BEING SAID, the business owner is clearly racist as he's refusing to sell to a would-be customer with a clean background because he's stereotyping a black male.

Just part of life being black in America. When I cross the street downtown walking yo my job, even though I'm in slacks and wearing a gov't ID badge and carrying a laptop bag over my shoulder, I still hear people lock their car doors when I walk in front of their cars.

I still see women on the street walking towards me, see me, and then shift their purse to the opposite shoulder before they get to me.

I was called the n-word in South Carolina when I honked at a car that didn't see me when changing lanes and would've hit me if I hadn't honked.

I'm used to being followed or watched when in convenience stores and gas stations.

At 6'2, 225....I'm a "big black dude." There are little, everyday things I'm used to dealing with as a black male in America....both stereotypes and the way some people treat me. I wish other races could "be black for a day" so they could what it's like.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
. I wish other races could "be black for a day" so they could what it's like.
I wish other races could be white for the day to see the bull **** that happen, no not racist, just to see the little quirks one have to put up with

Old 11-10-2017, 12:31 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post

The 2nd Amendment in a nutshell. It only applies to certain people.
I wholeheartedly disagree.

While I think it is totally lame that some prejudiced gun shop owner wouldn't sell that man a gun, I am glad that he can go to another store and give his hard earned money to a fair businessman.

This way, racist businessman loses a sale, weakening his business, black man ends up giving his money to a fair business man, thus not supporting a racist, and fair busniessman makes a sale, strengthening his business.

I won't lose a wink of sleep over a racist SOB gunshop owner not making a sale because his racial views. That's the beauty of the free market. It can actually penalize racists as we see in this example.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:41 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
OP goes on ignore, was overdue for inability to have a reasonable intelligent conversation about pretty much anything.

1) Repeatedly ignores people pointing out that the SALE of a gun is not a 2A issue but in the way they are presenting it would be more of a discrimination case. (OP Please note the 2A does not cover discrimination any more than someone with a really low IQ would charge a botched throat surgery as a 1A violation.)

2) One of the flags for straw purchase is that multiple people come in as a group, they pick out guns and then one guy buys them.

Hey, maybe if you get your car repo'd you can start a thread about them violating the 4th amendment. lmao.
The store owner jumped to a conclusion before the customer said a word. They didn't look around and act suspicious. And this customer has purchased from there before with no issue from other clerks. The owner, in the video, didn't even know he was a repeat customer, he immediately just said no. And you all are making up these straw purchase scenarios. He wanted to legally purchase a firearm. I didn't know there were all these "come in to the store by yourself" rules. Like I said, he's black, so people are coming up with all these criminal fantasies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies