Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree.

While I think it is totally lame that some prejudiced gun shop owner wouldn't sell that man a gun, I am glad that he can go to another store and give his hard earned money to a fair businessman.

This way, racist businessman loses a sale, weakening his business, black man ends up giving his money to a fair business man, thus not supporting a racist, and fair busniessman makes a sale, strengthening his business.

I won't lose a wink of sleep over a racist SOB gunshop owner not making a sale because his racial views. That's the beauty of the free market. It can actually penalize racists as we see in this example.
on the bold, you agreed with me. 2A only doesn't apply to blacks in the eyes of some. You said it yourself, he wouldn't sell to a black guy due to prejudice. I don't why you "wholeheartedly disagree". You agree with exactly what I said.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Remember, the potential buyer was part of a group that came in.
And? It looked like him and one other person. Since it's multiple black guys, they're some kind of gang? .

All I'm seeing from people is making a totally normal customer experience into some criminal heist because he's black. It's just you all showing how you view black people doing normal things

he has a gun on layway="why would he make payments on a more expensive gun, and purchase a cheaper gun too...it's SOOOOO SHADY"

he walks in with a friend="the friend was picking out a gun for himself, and it was a straw purchase because they are going to commit a crime, even though none of the black guys guns from that very same store ever turned up in crimes before...but yeah they are looking to buy guns to commit even more crime"

totally normal things turned into criminal activity because he's black.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:00 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Proves that many NRA types don't want Black people to have guns.
I think maybe you need to brush up on the history of the NRA.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I think maybe you need to brush up on the history of the NRA.
The NRA was for gun control once the Black Panthers got guns.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:24 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Legally, I fully support the right for business owners to deny services to anyone for whatever reason.

THAT BEING SAID, the business owner is clearly racist as he's refusing to sell to a would-be customer with a clean background because he's stereotyping a black male.

Just part of life being black in America. When I cross the street downtown walking yo my job, even though I'm in slacks and wearing a gov't ID badge and carrying a laptop bag over my shoulder, I still hear people lock their car doors when I walk in front of their cars.

I still see women on the street walking towards me, see me, and then shift their purse to the opposite shoulder before they get to me.

I was called the n-word in South Carolina when I honked at a car that didn't see me when changing lanes and would've hit me if I hadn't honked.

I'm used to being followed or watched when in convenience stores and gas stations.

At 6'2, 225....I'm a "big black dude." There are little, everyday things I'm used to dealing with as a black male in America....both stereotypes and the way some people treat me. I wish other races could "be black for a day" so they could what it's like.

Sorry you have to deal with that chit, mate-you seem like a good dude. I mean here in OZ, I sometimes get lumped in as a bible-thumping, gunslingin' Trump loving white supremacist inbred Jed, just because I'm American. Still that's a drop in the bucket compared to what you deal with. You'd think that in 2017, more folks would be a tad more enlightened, and judge folks by their character, but I fear that may never happen

Old 11-10-2017, 07:52 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
I was with my friend when he was denied being sold a firearm, this was in Washington state back in the 1990's. It happens, the guy just said out of the blue "you can look all you want, but I am not selling to you." When asked why, he responds "I am just not going to." so we of course left, all of us were white. It happens.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I was with my friend when he was denied being sold a firearm, this was in Washington state back in the 1990's. It happens, the guy just said out of the blue "you can look all you want, but I am not selling to you." When asked why, he responds "I am just not going to." so we of course left, all of us were white. It happens.
Some people don't want to admit their behavior causes reactions they don't like so race card is pulled to blame another person as the so called victim believe is that they are great and do nothing wrong.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some people don't want to admit their behavior causes reactions they don't like so race card is pulled to blame another person as the so called victim believe is that they are great and do nothing wrong.
Or someone is just racist.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:42 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
I find it interesting how these videos always start about a minute or two too late. The conversation leading up to the denial is completely left out. I wonder if the buyer made a comment about it being for a buddy, etc.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:42 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The whole layaway thing means nothing to me. If he's good to purchase 1 gun why not 2. It's not like he asked for 50. That's just a convenient little excuse everyone of you are running with using that old right wing "if we all say it at once" tactic. It's pretty obvious it was race related. Making up stuff about straw purchases with no evidence at all. Basically, he's looking at a black man and saying " I think you're going to commit a crime, even though I have your background info".
I would be leery also if a black guy came into my gun store speaking like ghetto trash with the crime rate what it is in the black community. He has the right to refuse if he doesn't feel right about the sale, it doesn't matter what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies