Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 09:03 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I'm also arguing that what's considered a reasonable doubt varies considerably, even from the criminal to the civil courts...
Well, it is the standard of proof that differs in criminal and civil trials.

In criminal trials, the crime alleged must generally be proved "beyond a reasonable doubt", whereas in civil cases, a lower standard of proof is used, such as "the preponderance of the evidence", which basically means that it was more likely than not that something occurred in a certain way.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:04 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
These women just wanted to go on with their lives. You are a good example of why the did not come forward. You assume the perps in these situations is innocent and the women are lying and just looking for money. Many others think like you and insulate these sexual predators.

Sad very sad.
But one of the main foundations for the US justice system is that someone is to be assumed innocent until proven guilty in court, so that means, in these cases, we SHOULD assume all the victims are wrong, or lying, etc? Doesnt that go hand in hand with assuming them innocent?

I do not think all these revelations will change anything though, hollywood has been like this for decades, probably not going to change anytime soon, they will just get better at hiding it.

Im sure it will be addressed at the next Bohemian Grove meeting!

Old 11-12-2017, 09:04 AM

57 posts, read 51,599 times
Someone from somewhere comes out 38 years later. It looks pretty bogus. I stand with Roy Moore, he's no Todd Akin.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:05 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Especially if one was President.

But I felt that should have stayed under wraps, as I do this one.
You really can't tell the difference between an encounter between two consenting adults and a 30 year old man inappropriately touching a 14 year old girl?

Well, then, that explains all of your posts.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I still use the half your age plus 7 rule for what is socially acceptable. So the youngest socially acceptable partner for a 49 year old would be 31
SO, basically, you wanted hillary in the WH, all while knowing that slick willie (49 when it happened) would be put BACK in the WH while knowingly he dated, against your own acceptable status, a 22 year old intern....

What's that called....a hypocrite....

Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Do you have someone in mind, or are you bragging? Or just being philosophical?
Trying to see where people lean....if it's just the age....then it's across the board, not because you hate someone....

Slick wille (49) and monica (22)......

Old 11-12-2017, 09:16 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Liberals don't believe in innocent until proven guilty? This very obviously is just political, no other reason they genned up this story a few weeks before an election.
Do you feel the same way about all this celebrities being accused? Innocent until proven guilty? Seems like conservatives believe that celebrities are guilty without evidence but when the hammer comes down on one of their own, it must be a lie.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:19 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Moore's interview was as close to an admission as one could hope to get. Admitting that "generally no" if he dated teens and that he asked their mothers if he could date these girls show a profoundly disturbed individual. Yes, a vote for him is a vote for a perv, but Repubs and Trumpist seem fine with that. I can understand Bannon's support because he is a creep. For the rest of you, take it up with your conscience.

I found that very disturbing myself. To say that he never dated without their mother's permission!! Yes he pretty much admitted right there that he dated teens. Let's not forget this was a man in his 30's at the time. Pretty disgusting.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:21 AM

592 posts, read 414,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Reasonable, thinking people can make determinations of a person’s character outside the justice system. You do it all the time. Quit trying to twist this into a criminal trial. And yes, sometimes making that determination will have political consequences, as in this case where a predator of teenagers is campaigning on moral failings of our society. Hope this helps.
You say it's not a legal thing, but what if they dropped the age of consent to 14? Would you be outraged? How would you judge his character?

Old 11-12-2017, 09:23 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Guys, I've done it! I've found the footage of Roy Moore creeping on underage girls! That sick bastard...

https://youtu.be/wknywxfcE5M?t=1m7s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies