Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 01:37 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Sorry, but I still don't believe you no matter how many times you repeat it. With supposed self righteous gun owners like you we can kiss the 2nd Amendment goodbye. If they can ban one they can ban them all. They'll just change the terminology for any class of firearm they see fit. Grandpa's old .38 revolver was yesterday's "Saturday Night Special". Shotguns were once labeled as "riot guns". Today it's so called "assault rifles". Anything to instill fear amongst the general public.

Geez, I have to tell you it just tears me up that you don't want to believe that people can own guns and not be gun cultists. Perhaps you believe this is a fake FB page with fake gun owners.

https://www.facebook.com/Gun-Owners-...8371624581877/

Or that this is a fake gun owner also.

I Am A Gun Owner, And Here's 8 Things I Have To Say About Gun Control

And this must also be a fake gun owner.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/from...t-weapons-ban/

LOL. Get real dude. There are some gun owners with enough maturity to consider others right to remain alive and put aside their childish and immature desire to have their playtoys at any expense , up to and including deaths of innocent children.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:46 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
There are some gun owners with enough maturity to consider others right to remain alive and put aside their childish and immature desire to have their playtoys at any expense , up to and including deaths of innocent children.
I'm one.

Repeal § 922-18-Q

I'll go Mondays to any school to stand guard.

Mondays suck, I can schedule the heavy work for Tuesday-Friday that way they can remain productive without me present.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We could pass a law against shooting other people.
We could pass laws against bringing guns into schools.
We could pass laws against rape. Against burglary. Against child abuse.

Get a clue people-criminals don't obey laws. That is why they are criminals.

You know what I find strange? The whole #metoo movement and anti-sexual assault/harassment movement vs the gun control movement. The first one-blames the criminal for their acts. They denounce and condemn those that rape or harrass. As anyone with a brain would. They don't blame the jeans they wear. The underwear for not containing a penis. They don't blame video cameras when Hollywood producers commit vile acts. Because...that would be stupid.

Yet when a scumbag shoots up a school-the shooter is ignored. Instead they blame the gun, rather than the person that commits the act.

The thing is this is a completely dishonest post. Everyone blames the shooter. You cannot show me anyone saying any mass shooter is not at fault. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Provide a link to some normal person saying its not the shooters fault, its all the guns fault. Lets have it, because I tire of this ridiculous claim. So put up.

What some people ARE saying, IF you are honest enough to listen, is that we should make it hard for these nutters to get weapons that allow them to kill a bunch of people quickly because of the high ammo capacity and the ability to continue to fire without recocking and reaiming.

And I think you know all this, but deliberately choose to make dishonest statements anyway. Why is that? Because it is easier to lie about what people are saying that have to think that there might be some truth in what they say? Because you sure put lot of effort into lying about what is actually being said.

Try having an actual honest discussion on the issue some time.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'm one.

Repeal § 922-18-Q

I'll go Mondays to any school to stand guard.

Mondays suck, I can schedule the heavy work for Tuesday-Friday that way they can remain productive without me present.

Really? So you are willing to consider that maybe the rights of kids to remain alive is more important than you having your favorite weapon that also happens to be the favorite weapon of mass shooters? Because I don't see this in your posts.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:53 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,622,039 times
Doesn't the gun shop associate/owner stop to think before he hands over the application to a teenager interested in buying an assault rifle?

Old 02-17-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
The thing is this is a completely dishonest post. Everyone blames the shooter. You cannot show me anyone saying any mass shooter is not at fault. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Provide a link to some normal person saying its not the shooters fault, its all the guns fault. Lets have it, because I tire of this ridiculous claim. So put up.

What some people ARE saying, IF you are honest enough to listen, is that we should make it hard for these nutters to get weapons that allow them to kill a bunch of people quickly because of the high ammo capacity and the ability to continue to fire without recocking and reaiming.
That would require the FBI to follow through with substantial threats to life and schools...

Quote:
And I think you know all this, but deliberately choose to make dishonest statements anyway. Why is that? Because it is easier to lie about what people are saying that have to think that there might be some truth in what they say? Because you sure put lot of effort into lying about what is actually being said.

Try having an actual honest discussion on the issue some time.
You are conflating firearms, their capacity, with someone's ability.

It's simple logic.

My girlfriend has the same 100 round magazines Paddock used.
Yet, hasn't gone to Vegas and performed a heinous attack on concert goers.
Banning those magazines would accomplish?

And she's had them long before I was in the picture...

We were supposed to go to the range today she got called in at 9am...
Ohwell. Always tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:54 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

note that it does limit firearms to the people, it doesnt say you can have this, but not that gun. technically many of the gun laws on the books now are unconstitutional, including the national firearms act of 1938(?) and 1968(?). even the assault weapons ban of 1993 was unconstitutional. too many judges looked the other way though, especially in the 1930s when FDR threatened to pack the scotus with 16 judges if he didnt get his way on a lot of legislation he supported.
LOL, you guys always take that quote out of context. Let's try again.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of "well regulated" do you not understand?

Old 02-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Really? So you are willing to consider that maybe the rights of kids to remain alive is more important than you having your favorite weapon that also happens to be the favorite weapon of mass shooters? Because I don't see this in your posts.
I just said I would go stand guard at any school to protect against any threat to their life.

You're having a difficult time conflating firearms and heinous individuals...

Contrary to popular group think, we can have both, not one or the other...
Just saying...

Old 02-17-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
LOL, you guys always take that quote out of context. Let's try again.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of "well regulated" do you not understand?
Well regulated Oxford English dictionary.
The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

1709: “If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations.”

1714: “The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world.”

1812: “The equation of time … is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial.”

1848: “A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor.”

1862: “It appeared to her well-regulated mind, like a clandestine proceeding.”

1894: “The newspaper, a never wanting adjunct to every well-regulated American embryo city.”

What part of well regulated, in good working order, do you have trouble understanding?

Old 02-17-2018, 02:02 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We really haven't done much to address gun violence in this country, even the assault weapons ban was very weak legislation. Waiting periods should be extended beyond 72 hours, background checks are also another area.
Check off another dreamer who thinks that (a) government can do something that will work, and (b) when gun laws don't work, make more gun laws.

The last line in the OP applies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies