Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You're most likely correct. In about a month or so he'll go over to MSNBC and start the reputation rehab apology tour for a while, maybe after a short stint in "The Meadows" in AZ.
Maybe he and O' Reilly can team up on a Where in the World" tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Like I posted before, I think they've known what he is but opted to put up with it. Now that it's out in the public they had to act swiftly to contain the damage.

When there's no talk of investigating claims as a first course of action then they either wanted to get rid of the guy and used that as an easy out - or they were well aware of him and had to cut him loose.

There's no way they didn't know how he is. He's been slammed in the media for bad behavior for decades.
No diff than Trump. The tabloids covered his affairs, conduct and divorces extensively. Trump seemed to relish every moment of it.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
NBC fires 'Today' host Matt Lauer over 'inappropriate sexual behavior' - LA Times

It seems there is some Russian collusion...."while "Today" was broadcasting from Sochi, Russia, to cover the Winter Olympics."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Bush-tape.html

There are some rumors that Lauer wanted Bush out of the way and someone who liked Bush took revenge by ousting Lauer.

I guess NBC has their own political issues within the company. Must be a nice place to work.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He can join up with the liar Brian Williams.
O' Reilly is a better match given he was outed for similar misconduct.

In contrast, Williams embellished some of his personal war stories.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:19 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
I won't miss Lauer, he always seemed so damned smug, like some landed gentry who was born to the manor, like some rich kid who smirked and sneered at all the other kids, like some guy you knew from high school that was good looking and he knew it, so calmly arrogant, and always acting like he was entitled. Hard to describe but that's the vibe I got from him.

They're falling like flies now, there's an even newer thread on Garrison Keillor getting canned too.

The modern version of the Spanish Inquisition has come to America, a land founded by religious zealots (the Puritans) who were expelled from Europe. Their over-arching rigidness has given us this latest form of the Salem witch trials but this time it is the truly guilty who are being dispatched, Lauer, Keillor, O'Reilly, Ailes with additional revelations in the wings ... and a lot of smarmy men sweating bullets.

This is nothing new. Even 20 years ago when I worked for the Army we had guys getting fired for such things, even though all of us men were given periodic classes in Prevention of Sexual Harassment, some of my coworkers thought they could get away with these things. I can't figure it out in this regard, my coworkers were not rich millionaires like Ailes, O'Reilly, Lauer, et al, and they risked their very livelihood so they could get some action on the side. Doesn't make sense, can't figure it out, can't imagine some urge within them made them throw all caution to the wind and lose their jobs. Anyone got an answer or think they've an answer to all this.... Best I can come up with is that it's an act of power, like rape itself, it's not a sex act but an act of forcing something because they can, or because they're angry.... oh well.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-29-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 11-29-2017, 11:20 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
O' Reilly is a better match given he was outed for similar misconduct.

In contrast, Williams embellished some of his personal war stories.
Williams LIED, and we really don't know what O'Reilly did do we. Fox bought him out of his contract mainly due to the sponsor boycott that was hurting revenue. Yes, he may have sexually harassed women, but we probably will never know that for sure. For the record, I am, and never was an big O'Reilly fan.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:23 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Has trump commented on how these tv station owners and movie production company owners should fire these sexual deviants yet?

Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I have come to the conclusion that what we've had preached to us for years is really true.... people ARE all the same. Right or left, progressive liberal or conservative republican, atheist or Christian, white or black, Asian or Hispanic, male or female, we all have the same weaknesses and hangups and failings. We're all sexist, all racist, all dishonest, all greedy, all homophobes, all prejudiced and all fascists to some degree. Its the worst of us that become hypocrites and rise to the top of politics or entertainment or journalism and seek to use those positions to pretend they aren't while indulging in it secretly and to excess. And to push an agenda on others which gets them personal gain. And we buy into it, maybe because we don't like what we see in ourselves or we secretly just want to see others admonished for it while we get off scot free.
Well, we sure as hell can't be lectured anymore by any of these leaders or social warriors or celebrities on either side. They're the worst of us. But if we can't get away with it, neither can they. And I think we have to send a message that we're sick of their hypocritical double standard **** and come down hard on them.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Williams LIED, and we really don't know what O'Reilly did do we. Fox bought him out of his contract mainly due to the sponsor boycott that was hurting revenue. Yes, he may have sexually harassed women, but we probably will never know that for sure. For the record, I am, and never was an big O'Reilly fan.
God, your posts are ridiculous. Keep spinning.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:27 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Sex appeal in itself is not a problem. It's when those women actually take steps to using that sex appeal to get where they want to go, including interpersonal relations in a private setting. How does anyone know whether a 30 year old fling was consensual or not? If she says it wasn't - when it was - then would you know the difference? That's the danger, and women are absolutely part of the equation.
Yes consensual relations do happen at the office, even AT the office. No one is denying that. You don't even need to be looking for it, sometimes things develop. Office affairs are unwise.

Some women dress inappropriately because of current styles and they don't really care if it turns men on. Some do it on purpose but it is no indication they want to start trouble or have sex with superiors. Men should steer clear of them and make the sexy attire be a detriment to their career rather than an asset. It is just not professional.

These incidents in the news did not all happen thirty years ago, some were quite recent. There seems to be enough evidence with some of them, like Weinstein to take it seriously. Franken admitted it somewhat, and Louis CK admitted it. Everyone already knew about Weinstein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies