Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 11:20 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Actually it would be very impeachable, and no Mueller is not the type to just wait, if he has charges they will be presented, that is his job.
I'm sorry. You are absolutely correct. I should have been more precise. He can't be tried unless he is impeached, which removes him from office to face the charges. If he is not impeached, they will be waiting at the end of the line.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:21 AM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So does this mean that you give credit to Obama for the strong economy that Trump inherited?

It doesn't matter, the GOP Tax Scam isn't going to lead to a booming economy, we will be lucky if we don't have another great Depression from it. It will just be another piece of Trump's legacy as the worst president of all time, by a yuuuuuge margin.
Obama left a strong but not booming economy.
Plus Trump instantly stripped away all Obama's nasty business regulations to provide the necessary freedom.
And the stock market has jumped 6000 points since the election.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:22 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Obama left a strong but not booming economy.
Plus Trump instantly stripped away all Obama's nasty business regulations to provide the necessary freedom.
What business regulations did trump strip away that effected the economy

Old 12-05-2017, 11:26 AM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
What business regulations did trump strip away that effected the economy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.b5fce4511784
Quote:
The White House’s Office of Management and Budget detailed Thursday how it would jettison hundreds of existing or planned regulations as part of its larger push to ease federal restrictions on the private sector, upending federal policies on labor, the environment and public health.

The list, issued as part of a semiannual report on the entire government’s regulatory agenda, shows the extent to which this administration is determined to erase many of the Obama administration’s policy priorities. In several instances, the administration is dropping rules aimed at tightening worker safety standards or omitting species the government had pledged to protect under the Endangered Species Act. In other cases, it is proposing new regulations that provide employers with more leeway in how they run their businesses or report their activities to federal officials.

The Trump administration said it was pulling or suspending 860 pending regulations. Of those, 469 were being completely withdrawn. Another 391 were being set aside or reevaluated. These proposed regulations could be revisited at some point or dropped altogether.
And merely suggesting these plans was enough to inspire and encourage, as manufacturer optimism reached 93%, the highest ever in the 20 year history of that survey and up from 77.8% in December 2016.
http://www.nam.org/Newsroom/Press-Re...ew-NAM-Survey/

Old 12-05-2017, 11:29 AM

287 posts, read 237,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Because it is a waste of time and money...but there comes a time when enough is enough.
Mueller investigation...$3+million

Benghazi commitee...$7+million

Securing Trump Tower...$24+million per month

Trump's golfing trips...$83+million

I agree that enough is enough.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:33 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
If his crazy supporters try that, they can pay the consequesnces just like the rest of us sane people would.

Besides what damage can they do, police like to use weapons. If they are stupid enough not to recognize that, .
I guess the moment the police started arresting rioting Trumpers the Cult of 45 would start claiming street cops are deep state...

Old 12-05-2017, 11:39 AM

287 posts, read 237,366 times
Quote:
Even if Trump got impeached...he'd still be undefeated in elections.
They couldn't beat him so they had to impeach him....
Your thought process is SO weird to me. undefeated? What are you talking about? Oh and if "they" impeach him, it's because HE committed crimes that HE tried to cover up. What the hell spell does this disgraceful man have on you?

Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Even if Trump got impeached, he'll have bragging rights over all his opponents.
His tax reform would lead to a booming economy, so he'd be given credit for the economy for many years.
Plus he'd still be undefeated in elections.
They couldn't beat him so they had to impeach him....
wait? Tax reform? I have yet to hear or see such a bill, i have looked at some of the tax plan, but there is no reform going on who told you that?

all we have is tax cuts for the rich and corps... that is not reform. Reform looks very very different. What we have is some smoke , some mirrors and most people ending up paying about the same or more and a select few pay a lot lot less.

if you doubt me Amenlot, look it up and read. It is designed to reduce taxes for non salary folk... like me. I will see my taxes drop 5 digits and i have not even run the numbers that is just off the top of my head. We will be visiting our guy and discussing how to best place ourselves to take full advntage of this massive giveaway. Next year repubs will pretend they "had no idea" .

Old 12-05-2017, 11:41 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.b5fce4511784

And merely suggesting these plans was enough to inspire and encourage, as manufacturer optimism reached 93%, the highest ever in the 20 year history of that survey and up from 77.8% in December 2016.
Manufacturers
Yes, the large corporate heads are saying "Goodie! We can now exploit the nations resources, keep our workers wages low, offshore our production and dump our waste anywhere we want with no repercussions. Buy another 100,000 shares of my company! We're going BIG!!!"

Old 12-05-2017, 11:41 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Once Trump signs the Republican abomination of a tax cut bill, Republicans will immediately throw him under the bus. All they ever wanted was the tax cuts for their donors and a hard right SCOTUS. Once that's all done, he's a liability for them on all levels. They can't afford to have him anywhere near them come 2018 and election time. Soon they'll be begging Mueller to take him down. The sooner the better as far as they're concerned. McConnell would love to **** on Trump's political grave. As would all the other republican politicians he's pissed off in the last 2 years.
Not an unlikely scenario. Wonder if the Trumpistas will be able to process that the GOP threw them aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies