Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 04:26 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
NEWS FLASH !!!! People who work in the Government are allowed to have opinions,People who work in Government are registered voters ,move on and stop making things up.

So Sessions should have never recused himself since the DOJ could have handled the investigation?

Old 12-14-2017, 04:40 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Republicans, 30+ years of political investigations and finding nothing, complaining about an investigation that already has a campaign manager and national security advisor with guilty pleas.

The purpose of investigations isn't tradition.

There was never a crime to be investigated.

The guilty pleas are unrelated to any of the campaign's activities or the person of Donald Trump.

It's been a year and a half, and it seems the only real purpose of the investigation is to postpone the investigation into illegal unmasking, wiretapping by one party on another during a campaign and use of the Steele dossier, definitely connected to Russians and paid for by Democrats (possibly the FBI, too), to obtain FISA warrants used to spy on an opposing party's campaign.

Not sure how this isn't basically Watergate, but on a much larger scale and involving more government agencies, including the FBI.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:52 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,251,187 times
I wonder what this “insurance policy” mentioned in his message if Trump was to get elected? Interesting text message from an lead FBI Agent investigating Hillary’s email server.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:22 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
FBI agents are human. They are allowed to have polical beliefs. I get the optics but this is meaningless unless you can show bias in the actual investigation or a history of political bias.

/thread
Agreed. This is ridiculous.

From everything I've heard the vast majority of fbi are republicans. And there were plenty who hated Hillary. Remember how the NY office leaked info to Giuliani during the campaign about Hillary's emails that he blurted out on TV during the campaign? Where were all the trumpees crying about FBI bias then?

Old 12-14-2017, 05:33 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So Sessions should have never recused himself since the DOJ could have handled the investigation?
He was part of the Trump campaign, why would you expect Sessions to be objective. Do you recall the same GOP members complaining now asking for Loretta Lynch to step down from the Clinton investigation.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:36 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

From everything I've heard the vast majority of fbi are republicans. And there were plenty who hated Hillary. Remember how the NY office leaked info to Giuliani during the campaign about Hillary's emails that he blurted out on TV during the campaign? Where were all the trumpees crying about FBI bias then?
I would have loved to see Jim Jordan and Try Gowdys emails while they served several years on the Benghazi Investigation Committee. This is all just a childish diversion from the Mueller investigation, he just handed down several indictments and now he needs to be investigated, come on.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:54 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

I don't care how many FBI employees are R's or D's. What matters are how many and who in positions that shape and direct investigations are political creatures who prefer one outcome over another. With what's known already, with more to come, Strzok, Ohr, Page, and others, are in the politicized creature category.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:26 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
4 staff members indicted with 2 guilty pleas. I think they are going in the right direction. Working to the top of the campaign.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:35 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
4 staff members indicted with 2 guilty pleas. I think they are going in the right direction. Working to the top of the campaign.
And two people removed via compliance checks in place that found issues. Seems like everything is working as it is supposed to.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
The real fork in the road will come when the I.G. releases its report. The I. G. can investigate but it has no prosecution powers.
Once the I.G. report is released, and if they find criminal conduct, action has to be taken or the whole thing could be swept under the rug. That's the fork in the road. That's when we will know what kind of system we have and if it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies