Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:37 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Alas, if only people were as impressed with you as you seem to be.
You seem to miss that is "used to be". Now an ancient retired dude...why would anyone think that impressive? Well I guess better than homeless in Peoria...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I don't know, how often does this crap happen? Possibly a lot, we just don't hear about every instance - which doesn't make those instances any better OR worse, or the ones we do hear about (like this one) any more annoying to hear. Bottom line is, airlines have a lot of nerve pulling this type of crap with people - and again, we've seen too many similar bad stories this year alone, especially from United.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be walked all over and treated like garbage by an airline.
still no evidence that the airline did anything to anybody. One frequent flyer got annoyed by airline action that favored another frequent flyer. But the airline claimed it was the flyer's own fault and that has not been proven wrong. And she was moved to a very good seat not the back of the plane. And given a $500 credit.
Much todo about not much...

Old 12-29-2017, 08:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
still no evidence that the airline did anything to anybody. One frequent flyer got annoyed by airline action that favored another frequent flyer. But the airline claimed it was the flyer's own fault and that has not been proven wrong. And she was moved to a very good seat not the back of the plane. And given a $500 credit.
Also still no evidence she canceled her own flight on an app when she had a physical boarding pass for it and was waiting to board. But there IS evidence of the Congresswoman's past similar behavior, and according to the passenger bumped, another Congressman on her flight told her that SJL was responsible for what happened and does it all the time. If he's a Republican I wouldn't doubt for a second that he said that.

This is only much to do about not much if you choose to ignore the very obvious issues going on here - which you are insistent on doing, so whatever. There's nothing else anyone can say to you or that the poster who is just as insistent as you.

Edit: Let me clarify that the airline claiming so is not evidence. They can say anything, just like they can do anything - including possibly bumping this passenger themselves and pretending she did it, or dragging a man off the plane after forcing him from his seat he was already sat in and had paid for so they could replace him with an employee they were giving perks to.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 12-29-2017 at 08:59 PM..

Old 12-29-2017, 08:53 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
It is up to the airline to prove their claim, not the other way around. Only one flyer had a reservation for that seat.

You keep complaining that it’s much to do about nothing yet you are by far the most prolific poster in this thread.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Also still no evidence she canceled her own flight on an app when she had a physical boarding pass for it and was waiting to board. But there IS evidence of the Congresswoman's past similar behavior, and according to the passenger bumped, another Congressman on her flight told her that SJL was responsible for what happened and does it all the time. If he's a Republican I wouldn't doubt for a second that he said that.

This is only much to do about not much if you choose to ignore the very obvious issues going on here - which you are insistent on doing, so whatever. There's nothing else anyone can say to you or that the poster who is just as insistent as you.
The airlines showed IT screens that indicated she cancelled on her app. That is called evidence. She says it never happened. The only way to resolve it would be some forensic IT work that is very unlikely to happen. So we have a non resolvable situation and will likely never know the truth.

We will survive.

And the issue here is a three way tangle between two Frequent Flyer Queens and an airline. I actually love this stuff. But I know what it is and don't change it into a political issue.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is up to the airline to prove their claim, not the other way around. Only one flyer had a reservation for that seat.

You keep complaining that it’s much to do about nothing yet you are by far the most prolific poster in this thread.
Who in the world told you that? You obviously have had little dealings with airlines. They do many things the flyers may not be happy with. And they have the legal right to do so.

And if you wish to know I have a fondness for truth. Which unfortunately is not a property of the Right Wing...so I often end up in conflict with their misdirection or outright lies. This is a classical example. The right is jumping on SJL because she is a Black leftist. Otherwise she was an innocent bystander who shot off her mouth absurdly. So she is not free of guilt. But her guilt has nothing to do with the seat issue.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:23 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,128 times
Quote:
And would you say the same thing if it was reversed and it was the Congresswoman that the airline said cancelled her flight and it was the other woman who got upgraded? I highly doubt it. The media would have gone crazy over what they'd of claimed was blatant racism and the Black Congressional Caucus would be demanding an investigation. These things are always a one way street.

The airline would have produced proof if the woman had cancelled her flight. For sure it was an airline employee who did it as a matter of routine so as to avoid the Congresswoman from screaming racism if she didn't get a 1st class seat.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:41 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reservations are for the little people.

Woman accuses United of giving her seat to Houston's Sheila Jackson Lee

A passenger on a flight from Houston to Washington D.C. has accused United Airlines of giving her first-class seat to U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. D-Houston, and then threatening to remove her from the plane for complaining and snapping a photo of the Houston congresswoman.

Her seat, 1A, was taken, she was told. Simon was given a $500 voucher and reseated in row 11, Economy Plus.

Simon later learned that Jackson Lee was in her pre-purchased seat and has alleged that the congresswoman received preferential treatment, which United denies.

Jackson Lee issued a statement on Saturday afternoon saying: "I asked for nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary and received nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary."

In other words, United lets her get away with this all of the time, and passengers just accept the demotion and the bribe.

And it doesn't matter if the race card is overdrawn, she uses it anyway.

"Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice," Jackson Lee said in the statement. "This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people. But in the spirit of this season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry."

Black lives matter MORE!

Old 12-30-2017, 07:44 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It is not ridiculous. Obviously we are in 2017 and just forcing someone out of their seats without at least something would violate laws, so the $500 is just a way to justify the same wrong practice.

Why couldn’t this Sheila Jackson Lee character sit in the other seat? What makes her so special? Why is sitting at the other seat so beneath her?
Methinks you haven't spent a lot of time here in the Houston metro .

Old 12-30-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
And would you say the same thing if it was reversed and it was the Congresswoman that the airline said cancelled her flight and it was the other woman who got upgraded? I highly doubt it. The media would have gone crazy over what they'd of claimed was blatant racism and the Black Congressional Caucus would be demanding an investigation. These things are always a one way street.

The airline would have produced proof if the woman had cancelled her flight. For sure it was an airline employee who did it as a matter of routine so as to avoid the Congresswoman from screaming racism if she didn't get a 1st class seat.
Yes of course. This became an issue only because the Lawyer pushed it and the RW jumped in. Would never have happened if SJL was the victim. The airlines move people regularly particular if you are playing upgrade games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies