Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 07:43 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It is a standard airline practice and has been so forever. And the poor little teacher is an Ivy League Lawyer who had 150,000 miles to dump on a first class fun trip...so absolutely the same or higher class than the Congresswoman. So the airlines worse case screwed a queen to benefit a queen. Why all the tears...a little racism in there?
Well Ms. Simon certainly has more class than Ms. Lee so you are correct there. She is a bit of a human rights activist, photo journalist/author dedicated to improving the lives of Guatemalans. I doubt Ms. Simon would consider herself a queen.

Now, will you again call me a RW dolt or will you come up with a new personal attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Well Ms. Simon certainly has more class than Ms. Lee so you are correct there. She is a bit of a human rights activist, photo journalist/author dedicated to improving the lives of Guatemalans. I doubt Ms. Simon would consider herself a queen.

Now, will you again call me a RW dolt or will you come up with a new personal attack?
The only posts i would ascribe to right wing dolts are those that appear to be written by right wing dolts. There is nothing personal about it. Posts appearing to be written by right wing dolts are reasonably obvious. For all I know you may simply be a clever left winger trying to make the right wing look bad...and, if so, you are doing a fine job.

And of course she considers herself a "queen". That is what led to the attack.

How many of the common folk get into conflicts about first class seats?

Old 12-29-2017, 07:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Here's another very telling article about the history of this prima donna.

Sheila Jackson Lee, Limousine Liberal | The Weekly Standard

Old 12-29-2017, 07:58 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
The only posts i would ascribe to right wing dolts are those that appear to be written by right wing dolts. There is nothing personal about it. Posts appearing to be written by right wing dolts are reasonably obvious. For all I know you may simply be a clever left winger trying to make the right wing look bad...and, if so, you are doing a fine job.

FFS, try some introspection.

How dare a member of the hoi polloi question the queen. Got it. Telling how you skipped over her being a human rights activist who has championed the welfare of Guatemalans for over 30 years.

Challenge yourself to communicate without calling people racists and queens. It is quite immature and a sign of insecurity.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Why on earth would the airlines complain? You do not understand that they maintain offices to take care of politicians and celebrities and even high mileage flyers? This too complex for you folk?

Your post is more nonsense. That employees do not like a boss is not an unusual stance. It happens. I know a couple of bad asses who were great at what they did and hated to the last man. Once ran a hundred people in an organization based on hate of our bosses boss. Did wonders.

Why on earth do you think I like SJL? If she died tomorrow I would not shed tear one. And if she got devastated in the next election again not a tear.

Simply trying to explain to the idiot right wing how things actually work.

So you also believe a 53% turnover rate in one person's office is normal. Wow, you live on a completely different planet in every regard, it appears.

And Continental did complain about her when they were still in operation.

But don't let facts get in the way of your fairy tale that an errant thumb accidentally canceled a ticket.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:

How dare a member of the hoi polloi question the queen. Got it.
As a Democrat, I'm embarrassed by the self-appointed queen and those who are bowing to her.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:

How dare a member of the hoi polloi question the queen. Got it.
Both are queens and I know about it because for some years I was at least a prince.

So this is a queen versus queen dispute. Fighting about how their support system treated them.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
As a Democrat, I'm embarrassed by the self-appointed queen and those who are bowing to her.
Don't vote for her. I wouldn't either. But what has that to do with this incident?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Both are queens and I know about it because for some years I was at least a prince.

So this is a queen versus queen dispute. Fighting about how their support system treated them.
Alas, if only people were as impressed with you as you seem to be.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:

I don't know, how often does this crap happen? Possibly a lot, we just don't hear about every instance - which doesn't make those instances any better OR worse, or the ones we do hear about (like this one) any more annoying to hear. Bottom line is, airlines have a lot of nerve pulling this type of crap with people - and again, we've seen too many similar bad stories this year alone, especially from United.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be walked all over and treated like garbage by an airline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies