Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 03:51 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times

Advertisements

Jackson Lee is not only mentally unstable, she's also suffering from senile dementia. And if an African American person had been moved to the back of the plane to accommodate a white congressman, she'd be demanding United be boycotted. She's just a stupid ignorant woman, a sign of the idiocracy that's taken over our government steadily the last two decades plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 03:51 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
EXCLUSIVEEEEE!!!! New video footage of what Sheila Jackson Lee did to that woman to make sure she got out of that 1st class seat!!
Yep. & also....when they announced "only one seat left in First Class".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0

14 seconds of brilliance.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:39 PM

23,992 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I might be inclined to believe that until I read the comments to this article in the Houston Chron(nicle).

Apparently the "Congresswoman" has a long history of entitled behavior.

Article here:

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/...p-12452258.php

In any case, I doubt United, after all their troubles with passengers, would do this to anyone on purpose.
Those comments are way more than usual and are not typical. Somebody must have notified Stormfront and Infowars because it is Sheila Jackson Lee..

Many good stories about controversial Houston subjects have far fewer comments. Some have 2 comments. If a drunk woman drives with her kid in the car and gets picked up, maybe 25 comments.

Many in Houston do not care for her. But, Ted Poe is just as much a camera hog as SJL. He uses the one minutes with skill. Nobody complains about him.

We have subscribed for years. And my kid threw it while in middle school, and then worked there. We read it every day for 40 years.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
I hope Sheila Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters keep getting the spotlight.

Oh, and Pocahontas, too.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:12 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
We weren’t there. It’s possible that the woman was indeed a racist. No way of knowing. It is wrong for the passenger to have to give up her seat. But a $500 voucher seems generous.Not sure why any politician needs to fly First Class. I recently saw who I thought was Karl Rove fly Coach on Southwest.
She didn't know who got her seat when she made the complaint. I saw this story on Facebook. There is a racist in this story but it isn't the person who had her seat taken from her. In my opinion there needs to be some heads rolling in this situation. Somebody should be fired for stealing her seat. The airline is the problem and should be sued for incompetence. Stories like this are why I drive everywhere I can. The way the lady was talked to made her believe she could be arrested and deplaned just because she objected to the treatment. Regular people need laws to protect us. Airlines are way out of line. There is no amount of money that compensates for the treatment this person suffered.

I wonder how many stories like this happen and don't get on Facebook. I know security is important but the airlines are taking advantage of their position. This needs to stop. My daughter had a ticket for months and almost had to stay in Florida with a hurricane coming because they decided they didn't have to honor her ticket. Tickets purchased first should be honored first. Peoples lives are being disrupted unnecessarily.

The worst part of this story is that the lady was told she had cancelled her ticket which she says was not true. She was sitting in the room waiting to board the plane when she was supposed to be cancelling. She was asked if she was going to be a problem. No the airlines are the problem.

Last edited by NCN; 12-27-2017 at 03:36 AM..

Old 12-27-2017, 04:31 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
As there is no earthly reason why a passenger waiting to board a flight would cancel her reservation, an airline employee likely went in and cancelled her seat in order to open it so it could be reserved for the Congresswoman.

Isn't United the airline that had that man hauled off so they could seat an employee?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 12-27-2017 at 05:11 AM..

Old 12-27-2017, 04:58 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Less than 400 miles = drive. Flying is just too awful.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:16 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,182,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Go ahead and pull the Obama Lib saying "If you don't like SJL, you must be a racist".
I said nothing of the sort. In fact, I find it ridiculous that the Congresswoman brought race into it. My point was this happens on a daily basis and people don't lose their **** over all the other people who are bumped off their flights. The only difference here is the seat winner was a Congresswoman that lots of people love to hate. Even though this was the airline's decision.

Old 12-27-2017, 10:16 AM

292 posts, read 245,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I’m guessing the cost to upgrade to first class on that flight was well over $500.

Sheila Jackson Lee is human garbage.
Yeah, a lot more than that 500 buck voucher.....she should have been refunded the whole price of her ticket, double mileage points and a higher price point voucher than that POS. Her ar$e should be "kissed" just like Mizz Queen Bee's was......

Actually, wasn't the women Hispanic / Latin?, Wasn't she a minority too? Guess that does not "count" when Houston's own Queen Bee decides to plant her very ample back end into an airline seat, huh?

Was not SJL being racist against a Hispanic passenger? I would have thought that she might have preferred to remove a WM , no?

Does United prefer certain races, creeds and ethnic groups over others? It quite often appears to be that way. Take your airline dollars elsewhere......

Pols like SJL need to go....I understand that her constituents are AAmericans, but seriously, they can do better than that loud mouth woman who just makes her voters look bad for continuing to vote for this useless entitled crazy ole cat lady.....and get rid of Maxine Waters too. Crazy old bat.

And "I" am of multi-cultural, mixed race origin. But these pols just make their own people look bad...I am really embarrassed by these ladies...and I use that "term" loosely....

Old 12-27-2017, 11:34 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
The passenger should not only get a big reimbursement from United for bumping her in favor of that wart hog, but she should also get a public apology from SJL for making completely baseless and damaging accusations of her being a racist. Ban SJL from future flights or make her ride in baggage with other livestock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies