Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No indication that is true. SJL had nothing to do with the occurrence.
She got involved when she started to cry out "racist" "racist" "racist".......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 12:15 PM

It gets better......
The woman Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee accused of racism is a celebrated photojournalist who helped document human-rights abuses in war-torn Guatemala during the 1980s.
OOPS: Turns Out United Passenger Congresswoman*Sheila Jackson Lee Accused Of Being Racist Is A Celebrated Human-Rights Activist

Old 12-28-2017, 12:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No indication that is true. SJL had nothing to do with the occurrence.
Even if we play along and say she knew not what she did when the woman came up and made a scene talking about how SJL had stolen her seat the Congresswoman just sat there.

She knew exactly what she did and that's why she remained silent.

Any moral/decent person isn't going to sit there in a plane, at a ball game, on a bus or waiting in line in a store and allow someone to get screwed over like that without trying to help remedy the situation if they were the beneficiary of such an injustice.

Thinking about it more maybe I'm personalizing this too much. I am flashing back to always doing this as a man and yes especially if it impacted a woman.

Never mind. I was giving you the view of the patriarchy that I defend. Carry on.

Sieg Heil and down with b-itches.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It gets better......
The woman Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee accused of racism is a celebrated photojournalist who helped document human-rights abuses in war-torn Guatemala during the 1980s.
OOPS: Turns Out United Passenger Congresswoman*Sheila Jackson Lee Accused Of Being Racist Is A Celebrated Human-Rights Activist
No good deed goes unpunished in this world.

What a shame.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:22 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Am I the only person that has read any articles about this. THE WOMAN CANCELLED HER FLIGHT, SHEILA JACKSON-LEE CLAIMED A VACANT FIRST CLASS SEAT. the woman saw who took the vacant seat and the wheels began to turn in her head.

And forgive me for not fake outraging for someone that can afford first class seats with her frequent flyer miles. She's clearly not struggling and she is most likely in the same financial class as Jackson-Lee. She made it home safely.
You sure got this story all wrong. Completely wrong! The woman was moved to a different seating/class by the airline and while the flight was in progress, the woman who was moved noticed who was in her original seat. It was never a vacant seat at all.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Indeed...which I noted way early was wrong and untrue... but she had nothing to do with the occurrence.

That is all on United and perhaps the teacher/attorney. The only way to tell who actually screwed up would be to get some forensic IT type to go through the records.

But SJL had no role in any of that.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:29 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Even if we play along and say she knew not what she did when the woman came up and made a scene talking about how SJL had stolen her seat the Congresswoman just sat there.

She knew exactly what she did and that's why she remained silent.

Any moral/decent person isn't going to sit there in a plane, at a ball game, on a bus or waiting in line in a store and allow someone to get screwed over like that without trying to help remedy the situation if they were the beneficiary of such an injustice.

Thinking about it more maybe I'm personalizing this too much. I am flashing back to always doing this as a man and yes especially if it impacted a woman.

Never mind. I was giving you the view of the patriarchy that I defend. Carry on.

Sieg Heil and down with b-itches.

Nonsense. There is no indication that SJL had any knowledge of the affair until it was over.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:30 PM

7,596 posts, read 4,165,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Why do you only punish United for being a-holes. SJL is an a-hole too. It was a joint effort.
She might very well be, but that doesn't mean her picture should be posted because of the actions of a company. Like I said, a picture is worth a thousand words. It is better to just post facts and maybe even the congresswoman's name, but her picture? Why? No law was broken. This simply allowed Ms. Lee to share her point of view. It is very difficult to back away from a racism claim. Next time, start with a letter to both parties and go from there.

United is greedy and the congresswomen is probably, too. They do business together, no surprise, but it is their right.

Quote:
When you are called out in a very public manner, of course you get involved. You are either the kind of person who apologizes because you didn't realize your error, or your realize your error and decide apologizing is the best way to handle it, or you take a different view on why it was handled so publicly.

Once you post information about another person with their picture who was not breaking any laws, you don't get to decide how they react.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:45 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
She bumped a school teacher and then called her out. I can guarantee Trump just got one million more votes for 2020.

Keep it up Dems.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
She bumped a school teacher and then called her out. I can guarantee Trump just got one million more votes for 2020.

Keep it up Dems.
And as it turns out, the woman who Sheila Jackson Lee accuses of being "racist" is a celebrated human rights activist. SJL is as reprehensible as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies