Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 05:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Another ''orange man bad" economic analogy.
Nope, just looking at it without the rose-colored glasses you seem to have stapled to your head.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
All politicians regardless of party take credit for the good, and deflect the bad. Trump is no different than the rest.

Despite the BS campaign claims that he was, eh?

How much longer can we stand the incompetence of 'The Best' people he claims to hire?

Old 08-15-2019, 05:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
There is just no reasoning with people who think like you do.

This is America, not Nazi Germany 1930s.

See, here's the difference: Trump isn't invading Mexico and sending the police to force people out of their homes to then bring them to concentration camps and execute them.

Please get a grip on reality.

Race had nothing to do with him telling "The Squad" to FO. It needed to be said.

As it NEEDS to be said to Trump himself!

Old 08-15-2019, 06:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
WOW -- so tariffs are such a brilliant and effective tool Trump has decided to back away from them so not to impact the economy.

Critics don't have to say anything -- just let Trump blunder along.

More and more we are seeing that the 10 year recovery was less likely about direct economic policy from The White House and more just about the resilience of Americans to come back when they are knocked down.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:33 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Simple, everyone says he is destroying the economy and markets. Long term it should be easy to invest if you know the economy is screwed for 4+ years, no?
Only if you have access to his tweets.......... before hand.

I think it was the OP who says Trump swings the economy around in circles like a dead cat? He thought that was good, me? Not so much.

Now, let's talk market manipulation, something Trump got into trouble for as a citizen. Considering the upheaval his tweets cause, and his past history, what do you think the chances are of someone close to him using this inside info? THEY are in a position to benefit from the chaos.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-15-2019, 06:53 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

I think it was the OP who says Trump swings the economy around in circles like a dead cat? He thought that was good, me? Not so much.

Now, let's talk market manipulation, something Trump got into trouble for as a citizen. Considering the upheaval his tweets cause, and his past history, what do you think the chances are of someone close to him using this inside info? THEY are in a position to benefit from the chaos.
I have seen many try to invest based on Trump tweets. Only those who have no idea what they are doing in terms of long term investments follow Trumps tweets.

The day traders of the world are following his nonsense.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:26 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
There is just no reasoning with people who think like you do.

This is America, not Nazi Germany 1930s.

See, here's the difference: Trump isn't invading Mexico and sending the police to force people out of their homes to then bring them to concentration camps and execute them.

Please get a grip on reality.

Race had nothing to do with him telling "The Squad" to FO. It needed to be said.
Nor is there any reasoning with hardcore Trump supporters, like you. The man made ONE factual statement in his entire life, and that was " I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and I wouldn't lose a single voter !" Not a bad ratio, out of 20,000 lies, he did say one truthful thing.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:41 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:

Yes Trump's "pump and dump" schemes back in the 1980s. Pretending to be a corporate raider to boost a company's stock price then selling for a quick profit. Investors caught on quick though and his last trade (American Airlines) he lost his ass. Total fiasco. So it's easy to believe that this thoroughly unethical and dishonest man would be giving a heads up to friends and family members so that they could profit from the inside information.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Remember when somebody said inabout 2012 that a sitting President should be impeached if they saw the Dow Jones industrial average drop 1,000 points in two days? By chance does anyone remember who said that?

Old 08-15-2019, 07:48 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:

No, the premise here seems to be that overall Trump is bad for the economy, as are Republicans in general. If that is your belief, and if you are investing for the long term, just invest for a declining market for the duration of the term and be ready for a change if they get voted out.

You cant "invest" based on day to day gyrations unless you are day trading, which I don't think was the point of any of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies