Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 03:57 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There won't be another civil war anytime soon. Southerns took a beating last go around and that beating is still fresh in the minds of these types.
Rofl, look at this comedian.

In the American Civil War, "the money" in the south wanted secession. So they pushed for secession. They did this, in part, because they believed that Britain and France would come to their aid(because King Cotton), and that the North would be unwilling to fight.

But today, the money in the south has no interests in secession. It is only a bunch of poor rednecks.

If you think there isn't a Civil War because southerners are too scared since they lost a war 150 years ago, you are delusional. If the governments of the south were to declare secession today, you would have a million southern men volunteering to fight come tomorrow.

But southern governments aren't going to secede. So this whole discussion is pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 04:10 PM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Lol you just make crap up don't you. I never said I want to start a Civil War. I simply want a peaceful agreed upon break up of the USA into separate smaller nations that share common values and would be far more effective for their people. I don't want southern conservatives having any say whatsoever over my life by electing their crackpot politicians.
I actually wish we could do that, but even if we did, we can't forget that conservatives see the world through an "us verses them" lens. How long would it take before their eventual attempt to force their fascist government on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
...If the **** ever hit the fan, the military and police support Trump and the Constitution they swore to uphold.
Conservatives like to daydream about their coming 'revolution', although their attempt would be quickly put down. But if you want to fantasize about it; We know that it won't liberals taking up arms and shooing up the place as they try to take down our government. And while it couldn't make the Russians happier if they succeeded, in reality our police and military would respond to their attacks as they occur, they take their oath to our Constitution very seriously...

Old 01-24-2018, 04:19 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
I actually wish we could do that, but even if we did, we can't forget that conservatives see the world through an "us verses them" lens. How long would it take before their eventual attempt to force their fascist government on us?
And liberals believe in "society". Which actually means they believe in authority.

They claim I live in a "society" with them, and thus they have the right to tell me what to do, and what to think.

On the one hand, they want a one-world government. Supposedly a worldwide democracy. But do they? Do American liberals actually want to vote against 1.4 billion Chinese, and 2 billion Muslims?

Society is a delusion. We are not a society. We are a government, which exercises authority, largely against the interests of the vast-majority of the population.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:35 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Reading and viewing various aspects of todays media it seems obvious that Americans have been conditioned to hate each other politically ,its downright vicious at times,gets me to wondering how this hate for neighbor over his political opinion will resolve itself,is civil war inevitable with the end result a physically fractured/divided nation?
You weren't alive 19 1970 when the US invaded Cambodia, were you?

Old 01-24-2018, 04:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
At this point anything is possible I think most don't want to believe that it can happen.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:48 PM

716 posts, read 393,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
...If the **** ever hit the fan, the military and police support Trump and the Constitution they swore to uphold.
One more thought on the coming 'revolution'. Unless conservative revolutionaries rise up all at once, their piece meal attacks will be easily put down. Unless of course they think that one day as they're watching Fox news or listening to hate radio and they hear Hannity or Rush shout, "NOW"!

On the other hand, if it was a grand long planned organized insurrection, word of it would leak well in advance and it would be squashed like a bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
At this point anything is possible I think most don't want to believe that it can happen.
You may have something here. I don't want to believe that it could be attempted, if it is, we'll deal with it as it unfolds. Until then, I prefer to believe the majority of conservatives are better than that...

Old 01-24-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post

You may have something here. I don't want to believe that it could be attempted, if it is, we'll deal with it as it unfolds. Until then, I prefer to believe the majority of conservatives are better than that...

I don't think people want to believe that something this terrible could happen.. again. The first one was bad enough to even think about another one happening. People need to believe that we can make it without having to fight their fellow countrymen.

Sadly talking doesn't seem to be working.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL

No.
No civil war looming. Won't happen...
So true. Most people live in peace, devoted to their jobs and don't want to start trouble by rocking the boat and making waves. The few extremists trying to stir up trouble need to get full time jobs.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:23 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
The country isn't nearly as divided as people think. When you get out and talk to regular people, your neighbors and others, you see that.

It's only the very vocal, very insane far left, which is always trying to stir things up, as they have since the 60s. The media then jumps on that for ratings and voila, we all think we're extremely divided.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The country isn't nearly as divided as people think. When you get out and talk to regular people, your neighbors and others, you see that.

It's only the very vocal, very insane far left, which is always trying to stir things up, as they have since the 60s. The media then jumps on that for ratings and voila, we all think we're extremely divided.

Most don't talk to regular people like they do on here either. We ALL insult each other on here and 99.9% wouldn't talk to someone walking down the street like they do on here.

You just proved my point about only mentioning the left when the right is just as guilty as they are.
They talk in congress yet nothing gets done that benefits anyone but congress. People are getting tired of the talk even more so when nothing is getting done. If not you should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies