Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 10:58 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Unlike Nunes I wouldn't be inclined to give my opinion on something I haven't seen or read myself.

I would need to know the impact on the intelligence community/procedures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is both secret and top secret information contained in the FISA warrant, the FBI released thousands of pages of classified materials and may include more than just the warrants. The FISA Warrant is extensive as indicated, the size of a small book with back up information. I think some people are under the misconception that warrant is like a drivers license application, its much more detailed.

The truth is we will never know and pretty much why this should be handled internally.
That's what I thought, when it comes right down to it, the dems will not support releasing the underlining evidence for the memo, because that is the last thing they want, the memo irrefutably back with evidence.

The memo isn't a bluff, that is why I have been asking you dems for that last week if you would support the evidence being released.

I was happy to play chicken with you on this issue, because I knew you would back down.

Dems,

Call for the evidence to be released to support the memo.

I double dog dare you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 11:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
That's what I thought, when it comes right down to it, the dems will not support releasing the underlining evidence for the memo, because that is the least thing they want, the memo irrefutably back with evidence.

The memo isn't a bluff, that is why I have been asking you dems for that last week if you would support the evidence being released.

I was happy to play chicken with you on this issue, because I knew you would back down.
I will say I don't identify as a Democrat BUT I never said I don't support the release of the original intelligence that even Nunes hasn't seen.

I just can't speak to whether or not it should be released to us -- the public.

You can make up whatever scenarios you want in your head about what I might think but it doesn't mean you are right -- lol.

Of course the memo isn't a bluff...but I'm not sure it is the big smoking gun conservatives are hoping for.

Maybe it is -- then proceed with legal action right? Because this isn't just about slandering the Democrats, Clintons, FBI - -this is about justice right? It isn't just about making a political play for attention -- it's about justice & making sure the integrity of our govt. is in tact.

Like the Mueller investigation -- bring it on.

I'm not so attached to the Clintons, Democratic party or Republicans to have this bias that is trying to spin the story one way or another..

Old 01-30-2018, 11:25 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Watching you guys and gals slitting your own throats, is hard to look away from.
I am not concerned.

I was born at night ... but it wasn't last night.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:26 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
There is both secret and top secret information contained in the FISA warrant, ...
The Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis and the Cincinnati General Hospital Radiation Study were classified Top Secret, too, yet nothing in those studies were even remotely related to National Security.

National Embarrassment, yes; National Security, no.

The only possible item in FISA warrant that would even be remotely related to National Security would be the actual source of the data/information on which the warrant application is based: Signal Intelligence, Electronic Intelligence, or Human Intelligence. Generally, neither the Senate nor House Intelligence Committees and Armed Forces Committees are provided with sources, and often that includes Satellite Imagery, although I do remember an instance when a staff member for a Representative on the House Armed Forces Committee leaked a satellite photo of a US nuclear weapons movement captured by one of our own surveillance satellites in 1986 at Hahn Air Base in Germany.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I am not concerned.

I was born at night ... but it wasn't last night.

Now that is drama

Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Great smack down. They (whiff and co.) must think thier voters are idiots and the msm will cover for them
"their voters" wear blinders, they don't have any interest in anything that doesn't belong to the "Opposition Party Narrative". All this proves in that NONE of the Minority Members of the House Select Committee on Intelligence have NO BUSINESS even being on that Committee. "release classified material without allowing any member to actually read the classified material"??? That is their position and it is beyond Crazy.

As for the Media ..... they do exactly what the Leftist tell them to do. The Media will "cover for them" until the bitter end ... it will be a Bitter End.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I can't confirm if what Zelden said is true or not, but I have a question for you - why has Nunes refused to release his memo to Richard Burr on the Senate intel committee, and why wouldn't he allow Wray to appear before the committee before they voted to release it?
Both good questions -

I'm guessing (because nobody really knows what is in the Nunes Memo except for those who have read it) that Wray wasn't allowed to appear before the Intel Committee because they have Oversight over Wray and the FBI, not the other way around. The vote was to "declassify" the memo that Wray viewed on Sunday and send it to the President for review - Wray, DOJ, NSA ..... all of the relevant parties will have 5 days to make their case for either release or not.

As for releasing the Memo to Senator Burr - the House Intel committee voted to make it available to ALL House member only. Schiff and all the Democrats on the Committee voted against making the information available to House Members. They wanted the information and the Memo squashed.

IF the House made it available to Senator Burr - they would have to make it available to ALL Senators.
House Members who viewed the Nunes Memo had to sign paperwork that made it plain that IF they leaked what was in the Memo - it was a Federal Crime, a Felony offense.

No point in adding the Senate to the mix at that point and more difficult to keep a lid on Classified material.
The Senate has several investigations in the works - they are working on a different aspect of the issue.

Odds appear great that the Nunes Memo is not just about the 1,000 pages that the DOJ/FBI made available to 2 Majority/2 Minority members to read and make notes on. There are at least 6 Investigation by my count going on - the House Select Intelligence Committee is just one of the 6. I'm not even counting the Mueller Special Counsel in that 6.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is interesting:

After viewing the memo this morning, Christopher Wray, the FBI Director is reported to felt that it contain many inaccuracies and “facts” that were based on opinions of the writers. Those who have seen the document suggest it reveals what role the unverified anti-Trump “dossier” played in the application for a surveillance warrant on at least one President Trump associate.

FBI Director Views Classified Memo, Says it Inaccurate
Anonymous Sources again ..... get back to us when you find a Direct quote from FBI Director Wray.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Excellent post.

After being under observation on and off for 4 years Rosenstein goes before a judge for yet another 90 day extension of the FISA warrant for Carter Page and this is suddenly a problem.

One of the 3 Russian Spies he was connected with back in 2013 went to jail and the other 2 fled the country. The additional warrants occurred beginning in 2015 but now it's political because he was involved in the Trump campaign in 2016.
How ODD ..... doesn't anyone have any questions about why the FBI/CIA/Entire IC never thought to warn a Presidential Candidate that a guy who was working with him - Carter Page (whom you folks says was under FISA Warrants for years) was a National Security RISK? .... which is what a FISA warrant is used for.

Who actually believes this stuff???

Interesting that Carter Page has never be allowed to testify under Oath to any of the Congressional Investigation Committees. Wonder why not?

Old 01-30-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Devin Nunes, Committee chair, voted to release a 4-page memo on a 30-45 page FISA warrant. Nunes himself has never seen the FISA warrant, the memo was written by his aides. The memo consists of opinions about flaws in the FISA warrant.

Devin Nunes and the majority denied the request from the FBI director, a republican and Donald Trump appointee (unlike Comey and McCabe), to review the memo and fact-check it before it was released to the public possibly containing false information.

And also, after Devin Nunes called for "full transparency," he and the majority voted to block the democratic rebuttal/minority memo, which challenged his majority memo. Yet had the nerve to call for "full transparency throughout this process."

Very disappointing. I've been saying here for weeks that, if the Committee and POTUS vote to declassify the memo, then they should also vote to declassify the FISA warrant itself. Unlike dueling and biased memos written by democrats and republicans, the FISA warrant itself would show us a lot of what we need to know, without political spin. Is there some reason the FISA warrant won't be released/declassified, but the memos will?
Good Grief - Christopher Wray reviewed the Nunes Memo on Sunday, before the vote - reported by Politico/The Hill.

Nunes reviewed classified memo with FBI director: report |The Hill

FBI Director Christopher Wray met with House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) to view Nunes's classified memo alleging that the Department of Justice abused a surveillance program, Politico reported Monday.

The two men met to review the document on Sunday, after Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) lobbied Nunes to share the memo with Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to Politico. Rosenstein has not viewed the document.

The GOP lawmaker told Wray to flag any information in the memo that was incorrect, could lead to national security issues or risk FBI sources, according to Politico.
The reported meeting came after several Republican lawmakers called for the FBI to view the memo.

The notes on the 1,000 pages that the FBI/DOJ were subpoenaed for were not made by Nunes - BUT, it was Nunes that wrote the Memo that ALL House members could view under strict Classification and under Felony indictment if they divulged what they read.

That's two thing that the post is wrong about - consider that the post is incorrect about other matters also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies