Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 04:44 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
By micromanaging housework, and who does what and when and does their "share" and promoting "equality" in the household.

It's a female thing to keep a house clean and pretty.
Are you married to or otherwise living with a feminist? Because otherwise I don't understand how someone outside your home has any say in who does which chores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 04:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Are you married to or otherwise living with a feminist? Because otherwise I don't understand how someone outside your home has any say in who does which chores.
Do you read any of this thread? Feminist were screaming that the male has to do housework.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:52 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
By micromanaging housework, and who does what and when and does their "share" and promoting "equality" in the household.

It's a female thing to keep a house clean and pretty.
Then for women you marry or cohabitate with, find someone who is willing to do that. Key word willing.

Women don’t all have some magical cleaning gene or something. If I had had to manage it all alone as a 50s housewife, I am pretty sure I would have been miserable. I mean, ADHD alone makes it chaotic to try to do that sort of thing, much less all of it.

Instead, it’s better for us the way we have going (with some kinks to iron out)...we both work (I do part time, mostly from home) and both do some cleaning.

Choice. Working it out to what is best for your situation. That’s the crux of it all, not insisting it should always be the women’s domain for all women.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:55 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
It seems like some feminist want to control home life and work life outside the home. I can't control the hostile to male work life dictated by the government, but I'm not going to let some feminist call the shots in my home .
Hostile male work life?? What the hell is that? That you have to work with women? That the EOE rules say employers can no longer discriminate in their hiring practices? Please include studies that back up your claim, not just your preferences.

As to not letting a feminist call the shots in your home, that’s not going to be an issue. Any woman with a brain and a reasonable sense of self worth won’t be caught dead anywhere near your house. And that includes women who don’t identify as feminists.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Then for women you marry or cohabitants with, find someone who is willing to do that. Key word willing.

Women don’t all have some magical cleaning gene or something. If I had had to manage it all alone as a 50s housewife, I am pretty sure I would have been miserable. I mean, ADHD alone makes it chaotic to try to do that sort of thing, much less all of it.

Instead, it’s better for us the way we have going (with some kinks to iron out)...we both work (I do part time, mostly from home) and both do some cleaning.

Choice. That’s the crux of it all.
That's the problem with feminism. It doesn't create women willing to be anything but insufferable at home, work and play.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:57 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Do you read any of this thread? Feminist were screaming that the male has to do housework.
Why do you pay any attention to what people who are not living in your household have to say? As a SAHM and a feminist (no, they're not mutually exclusive) for twenty-odd years, I hold the position that my relationship centers on my husband and me and what we think is best for our family. What other people have to say about the subject may be interesting but in no way does it dictate what goes on in our home. Allow me to suggest that you ponder why what has been written in this thread feels threatening to you. Seriously, for the sake of your own sanity, let it go.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:02 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
That's the problem with feminism. It doesn't create women willing to be anything but insufferable at home, work and play.
Oh whatever, I am sure there are women who would want to solely be a SAHM, keep the house immaculate, etc. I know there are enough at my church. Some others want to work. Etc.

But on the flip side, your version of what women should do is no better than the feminists you say take away willingness (though it really is about having some choice in how your life goes instead of it being dictated to you) since your version thinks all women should be willing to clean, just be at home,etc. no matter what.

If you can’t see that...sigh.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Insufferable as in not willing to be belittled, talked down to or be subservient to a man? That doesn’t describe a feminist. It describes a woman who has a decent sense of her worth. And one who knows she has choices.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
It seems like some feminist want to control home life and work life outside the home. I can't control the hostile to male work life dictated by the government, but I'm not going to let some feminist call the shots in my home .
LOL your not going to let some feminist call wow, but it's ok for a woman to let you make all the calls? What you have mister is called "little man syndrome" and a narcissist. Someone who is needs to overcompensate for his weakness. Just because you have something... makes you no better than other human beings. Too bad for you... Women live longer than men.

Last edited by petch751; 02-27-2018 at 05:20 PM..

Old 02-27-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL your not going to let some feminist call wow, but it's ok for a woman to let you make all the calls?
Yeah. Because he’s a man hence more capable of making the calls. LOL.

And knows for sure that women were happier back in the day when they didn’t need to worry their pretty little fluff filled heads with anything but cooking his dinner and cleaning his house. Again LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies