Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 01:43 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The question is VERY relevant. They could start their own Silicon Valley also - and their Life Sciences (Biotech) industries and many more......but, with only 6% of Scientists identifying as GOP, it could be difficult to thrive.

The reality is as expressed in a news story today.

1. WV, the dumbest state (by statistics) is the top state for Trump.
2. Vermont, often the top (smartest) state or among the top three, has the fewest (%) of Trumpies.

And so the answer to the OPs question is that they simply don't have the talent or the brains to accomplish much.

Mormons might be a semi-exception, but they are certainly not gun toting righties who drink and hang in country music bars.
Your post is so condescending and bigoted, you're a caricature of yourself without even realizing it. Let the hate flow, let it flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 01:48 PM

34,234 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I'll take bigoted stereotypes for 300 please, Alex
Don't waste your time. He is a far left, brainwashed bigot. The progressives are so full of hate for America it is sickening, and twisted. They paint us as uneducated dolts. Well nothing could be further from the truth. It is just pure projection on their part.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What a dumb premise. Hollywood or movie making started in the early 1900’s by people who were not political. Over the years, many actors and people in Hollywood took up political causes. Some were on the Left and some were on the Right. Some of the most famous were not liberal. Reagan, Eastwood and Schwarzenager come to mind but there were many.

In the last few decades however, the trend was to go liberal and that is how it is today although there are plenty of conservatives still. Why should conservatives try to make a separate Hollywood? The current Hollywood was built by many people, some of whom were conservatives.
Maybe it starts with the fact Hollywood ain’t a business.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:54 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It exists. God's Not Dead 3 is coming out on April 1st.
I don't know what I find funnier - the idea that there's a franchise ("God - still not dead!", followed by "God's alive and this time it's personal"?) or the release date.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:55 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Maybe it starts with the fact Hollywood ain’t a business.
It isn't? I worked in the biz for over a decade, and I beg to differ.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
I want to see movies with good actors that entertain and I will only spend $ at a theater for a particularly good action flick. The rest all look fine on my 55" at home. I don't care about the politics of the actors and don't watch what they do outside the screen. Their opinion has no bearing on my politics either.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:10 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Don't conservatives already put out those funny "Left Behind" movies? Seen by tens of audience?

Old 03-05-2018, 02:26 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Don't conservatives already put out those funny "Left Behind" movies? Seen by tens of audience?
You're condescending hate is showing. Yes, they put that out, but they also put out The Passion of the Christ, which grossed almost $350,000,000.

Christaphobia is the only liberally acceptable form of bigotry.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
I'll take bigoted stereotypes for 300 please, Alex
Quote:
Your post is so condescending and bigoted, you're a caricature of yourself without even realizing it. Let the hate flow, let it flow.
Quote:
You're condescending hate is showing. Yes, they put that out, but they also put out The Passion of the Christ, which grossed almost $350,000,000.
Christaphobia is the only liberally acceptable form of bigotry.
So - fight condescension and hate with more condescension and hate?

Old 03-05-2018, 02:33 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Since you like to complain about liberal Hollywood, why haven't conservatives started their own entertainment studios? I'm not talking about the fringe stuff that Kirk Cameron does. I'm talking about Meryl type talent. I'm sure that there must be talented conservatives.

There's a lot of money with conservatives so what has stopped them from getting studios, finding good actors who are conservatives, building movie theaters, tv stations, starting a Netflix type business, etc?

I would think that the audience would be there based on the Hollywood hatred here. There must be some reason that no one has done it. Look at what Tyler Perry has done just by focusing on the black community. Conservatives make up a larger percentage than black people.

Instead of expecting Hollywood to change, why don't conservatives get off their soapbox and do something about it?
This would work great, until the whiny little libs started losing acting gigs to conservatives. Then the lawsuits would begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies