Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 10:04 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Creatively demands not only intelligence but imagination and flexibility. By definition, someone who wants things black and/or white (the conservative mindset) can't play in that sandbox as well.
Amen!!!

I had a thirty year career in television production and the word "demands" is not an overstatement. Also worth noting is the requirement to play well with others coming into the project from a multitude of disciplines and points of view. That's not to say I haven't worked with talented people who were conservative in nature, but in nearly every case they were among the least open (thus, the most expendable) to the collaborative process excellent production efforts absolutely require.

Good outcomes also rely on more than a bit of serendipity, something those with a rigid mindset inevitably struggle with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 10:25 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Or it could be because sex sells and that real Christians don’t take that road.

Of course Katy Perry’s new book title is ......
Here's another video that explains it better than the previous ones I posted did. Christians could make movies that appealed to a mass audience, with Christian themes yet presented in a way that wasn't overly preachy. They would likely be more successful if they did that. In fact it's proven that they are. Look at Christian bands that have crossed over; Lifehouse, Owl City, Daughtry, Jars of Clay and there's probably a few more I can't think of right now.

As the video below explains, it makes all the difference whether the people behind a movie have a love for the art form or if they are just preachers using film to convey a message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_3J6Go5Ng

Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Since you like to complain about liberal Hollywood, why haven't conservatives started their own entertainment studios? I'm not talking about the fringe stuff that Kirk Cameron does. I'm talking about Meryl type talent. I'm sure that there must be talented conservatives.

There's a lot of money with conservatives so what has stopped them from getting studios, finding good actors who are conservatives, building movie theaters, tv stations, starting a Netflix type business, etc?

I would think that the audience would be there based on the Hollywood hatred here. There must be some reason that no one has done it. Look at what Tyler Perry has done just by focusing on the black community. Conservatives make up a larger percentage than black people.

Instead of expecting Hollywood to change, why don't conservatives get off their soapbox and do something about it?
OMG, wow LOL..., Your post is rather childish hellob.... uh, you do realize that people are "laughing at Hollywood" right?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:19 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian_investor View Post
Conservatives have lack imagination, talent, creativity and are afraid to take any risks, afraid of change, afraid of everything so you will find very few of them in creative, high talent industries like entertainment, tech. medicine, science etc.

You will find them mostly in boring and safe, easy industries like oil and gas, coal mining, construction, manufacturing, trades, law enforcement, truck driving etc.
You think those industries are EASY? Figures...The libs like to dress up and ACT like they are hard but don't actually want to get their hands dirty...unless by dirty we mean in a "me too" sort of way.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Conservatives have lack imagination, talent, creativity and are afraid to take any risks, afraid of change, afraid of everything so you will find very few of them in creative, high talent industries like entertainment, tech. medicine, science etc.

You will find them mostly in boring and safe, easy industries like oil and gas, coal mining, construction, manufacturing, trades, law enforcement, truck driving etc.
Your broad generalizations are absolutely embarrassing.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
Quote:
Yes, far easier to use hands than one's brain.

Driving a truck vs. designing the AI programming with complex machine learning algorithms to make a truck drive itself...no contest.
I'd like to see you drive a truck with all your ******* buddies driving around you, looking at their techy devices instead of where they are going...

Old 03-05-2018, 11:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Most of the real engineers I know are conservative. Let’s face it computer “engineers” are about one step above sanitation “engineers “.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
LOL a bit harsh man. I would say conservatives tend to use a different part of their brain, that is why Hollywood and media leans liberal, liberals naturally are more likely to gravitate towards those areas.

I think conservatives should just focus more on working, family, exercising, worshiping, meditating, volunteering, etc. Instead of using all their free time with Hollywood and sports.

Perhaps everyone should do what I wrote above.
What I said seems harsh, but it’s truthful. Conservatives don’t have the talent to make good entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I'll take bigoted stereotypes for 300 please, Alex
Bigoted or not, I stated a fact. Conservatives can’t construct a Hollywood of their own because they lack the talent to entertain people in a good way.

Yes, Conservatives are entertaining, but for all the wrong reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't waste your time. He is a far left, brainwashed bigot. The progressives are so full of hate for America it is sickening, and twisted. They paint us as uneducated dolts. Well nothing could be further from the truth. It is just pure projection on their part.
I’m not full of hate for America....I’m simply full of hatred of even the idea that right wing conservatives have any real talent in the field of entertainment.

They can’t sing, rap, act, dance, do comedy, direct, or screenwrite...nor do they have the imagination to come up with great ideas in any of those fields. They just don’t.

That’s not hate. That’s truth with few exceptions. The three greatest comedians of all time are Pryor, Carlin and Bruce. If they were conservatives, forget about it...you wouldn’t have seen the same brilliance. It’s not conducive to being funny.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:35 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Most of the real engineers I know are conservative. Let’s face it computer “engineers” are about one step above sanitation “engineers “.
I'm an engineer. Aerospace. Own my own engineering consulting company.

Most engineers I know are libertarian or conservative-libertarian. There is a difference.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:44 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times
Hollywood used to be conservative, until the 90s and 2000s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies