Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the professor throwing the student out because he disagreed with her?
Yes 4 3.67%
No 105 96.33%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 05:44 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Of course he was kicked out. That's hate speech meant to trigger others. Words hurt, people.
"Words hurt, people."

ONLY snowflake dems.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but, words will NEVER hurt me"

I love the irony of the left.

Dems, from the president, those runnig for president, Speaker of the Huse, Senate leaders, down to high school students through out word INSULTS ALL THE TIME and don't care who they "hurt" , but when they are on the other side , "Oh the horror"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 05:47 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
My first impression is that she was wrong, however, without having been there, it is difficult to say. Did he simply disagree, or did he get into a prolonged argument with her and disrupt the class? There's bound to be some disagreement in any course on religion, but at some point one party - or both - need to know when to let it go so everyone else can get on with the business of learning.

I would really have to know more about how both individuals behaved to be comfortable forming an opinion.
"disrupt the class?"

If she CAN'T control the discipline in a class, maybe she should NOT be a teacher.

THAT is part of the JOB!

Old 03-14-2018, 06:33 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,256,509 times
and left wingers have that right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
1. The professor has the right and an obligation to the students in a learning environment to keep order.
2. There is a time and place for objection. Evangelical Christians don't have the right to harangue speakers no matter how objectionable the content.
3. The question:
Do you agree with the professor throwing the student out because he disagreed with her?
is biased. See statement 1.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:36 AM

I want to know why that was being discussed in a Christianity class to begin with?
but, the fact the professor is a woman pastor explains a lot because in my experience these so called women pastors are very slanted left and saturated with feminism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
From the Professor's violation description:

I don't know if he engaged in outbursts or not. If he did, fair game in being ejected. But being removed from the class permanently and told not to return or have any contact with the Professor until the issue is resolved is extreme. And she's set up some form of punishment to publicly shame him.

So regardless of how this happened, she is nuts and shouldn't be holding such a job.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:38 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
....There should be nothing acceptable about BS courses.
Right. Tell that to Big Education.

Look at how they've been able to increase their rates and expenses that has far outstripped inflation over the decades.

Luckily I can pay it, my son's getting a degree in something "real" so-to-speak to get a leg up on the competition for successful employment.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:40 AM

I don't know what biology class you took but mine taught me that there are two sexes. Gender is a social construct for the most part created by man, not science. Man is not flawless as we all know. Ill stick with science since it takes two different sexes to come together to create life. And I'm not talking about the people born with both sexes, that is a fluke. I'm talking about the people born with either male or female genitalia, not both, who are some how confused as to which bathroom to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You did not check with science very well. Biology does not hold that there are simply two genders. There is much thought and discussion on what gender actually is and how it works. Certainly virtually all have some traces of both genders in various biological parameters.

And gender in biology has gotten all caught up in when is one of a particular gender. Look into the problem of some female athletes who have male components that cause their female gender to be questioned.

Gender simply is not binary. Much more complex. And that is only the biology part. There are others.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
".....A young man I did not recognize leaned toward the curb as I passed, aiming his poster at me. It read, “SMILE! It’s Sunday!”
I felt slapped in the face, stunned, and then . . . enraged.
Though I drove on in steely silence, I wanted to slam on the brakes, storm into that cluster of shiny happy young people and throw down a Molotov cocktail of sudden death, mental illness, tragedy, and suffering of all kinds into their church street party...."

A very sick woman indeed to harbor such violent hatred.

Definitely a social sciences professor.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
sandsthetime ;
Well, at least we can agree that a Christianity class is non-important and a complete waste of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yup!
Even more so when it's taught by a person who has violent fantasies of butchering people for saying "smile, it's Sunday".

Old 03-14-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
How about when the discussion was started after the video, the professor said that only females could speak first. ......
How is a person like even able to work in higher ed other than maybe in the cafeteria or grounds keeping?

Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Even more so when it's taught by a person who has violent fantasies of butchering people for saying "smile, it's Sunday".
Shrug. I wouldn't care who taught such a class. It would still be "...non-important and a complete waste of money."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies