Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 10:21 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"Kids" are registering to vote and threatening to vote out elected officials? Please...

The NRA is receiving death threats. Is that OK with you?
These kids are also receiving them. You ok with that?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:26 AM

88,981 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The "marchers" and their supporters shouldn't be hurling insults and threats at others and expect none in return. See how that works?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:29 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,180 times
Quote:
The "marchers" and their supporters shouldn't be hurling insults and threats at others and expect none in return. See how that works?
I guess to paraphrase Orwell: some people are more equal than the others.

I wonder if David Hogg had a good sense of humor when he'll see that editorial toon then Ben Garrison posted on Twitter?

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/sta...70045677547520

Old 03-26-2018, 10:32 AM

46,265 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:

So, you are o.k. with the NRA receiving death threats?

No death threats should happen, to anyone....but as long as it's the NRA, you're good with it....

Old 03-26-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
They were receiving death threats before any marches.

Who did the kids threaten to kill?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you are o.k. with the NRA receiving death threats?
I said what I said, and that wasn't it.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What

... but this does not mean he is not entitled to his opinion

you don't understand?

Also, bold is cheap shot. I did not even finish your post because I didn't want to.
A cheap shot, I think you misunderstand the bon mart. McConnell is famous for saying "Now is not the time to talk about gun violence" in light of talks of gun law changes due to the Vegas mass murder. Your comment is fairly similar to that logic stating these kids should not comment because of the trauma they experienced, hence the bon mart you took as a "cheap shot."

On a personal note, this is no worse than the side of the argument making false statements of the students or those defending them. Actually this was by far calmer. Just look at the ones about the Cuban student I think it is Emma. All because she had a Cuban flag on a shoulder patch she's a commie.

So I'll fix things up and remove those two sentences and then you tell me whether you agree or disagree...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is just bass ackwards and the same thing we have done for nineteen years. We have stuck our heads in the sand and allowed gun manufacturers and gun retailers to say it is not our fault. I ask, how many mass vehicular manslaughters are there in the last nineteen years? Ok now what about mass stabbings and can you give the body count. The fact is when it comes to guns, we allow too much freedom when it comes to buying weapons of war.

There have been at least four acts of mass murders in the last 11 years that could have been prevented by common sense mental health check laws: Virginia Tech, Tucson, Aurora and Parkland. I personally include Aurora due to the "visions of violence" the shooter told his therapist. I guess Sandy Hook too but that would have meant the mother couldn't own guns at all so that isn't the same thing.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:38 AM

46,265 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
I said what I said, and that wasn't it.

Oh, we know you conveniently left out that the NRA is getting death threats....

Old 03-26-2018, 10:40 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/28571...-ryan-saavedra

He deserves everything he gets thrown at him.....
indeed--what kind of kid would has such a trashy mouth?

Old 03-26-2018, 10:40 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
First, it is certainly possible that some of those people are over 18. Many are over 17, which means they could be in the Military Service and entrusted with killing people...or at least learning how. Of cogurse, their parents and siblings could constitute a LOT of adults, as do their teachers, administers and supporters.

I try and make it a habit not to quote or listen to a guy who was paid off LONG ago by the Mercers, Mellons and numerous other billionaires...specially and only to echo a certain opinion or world view. He is like a lobbyist, only worse because he pretends he is a journalist.

Note - if you didn't know these things, look them up. The Daily Caller, for example, was financed just like Breitbart, etc. in order to try and fool people with multiple sites that all repeat the same thing(s).

He has made many millions from this "job".

Just saying....I have more respect for the opinion of a normal citizen than I do for those paid millions to project the opinion of some billionaires. I remember a REAL reporter going into a gun show in the South and talking to a normal looking guy - dude looked like Joe Dirt, but getter kept. He asked the dude "Do you think Obama is going to take your guns away?".

The guy laughed out loud and said "of course not"...and he didn't mean "from his cold dead hands". He was a logical and reasonable human being who wasn't being paid or pressured to spew BS.
I have no ideas what your point is.

Nor do I understand what exactly you are disagreeing with.

He said,

But the rest of us also have rights including the right to assess what they are saying and decide whether it ought to become law to which we are subject. These are not religious figures; we are not the faithful. We're all citizens here. Let's take a look at what they are saying and decide if it's a good idea or not.

and this is wrong, how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies