Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 01:26 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

lil kimmy being one of the few people on earth even more unpredictable than trump, i'll keep my fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 01:29 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It looks like North Korea will be agreeing to end it's nuclear program.

It's looking more like the people that said Trump closed this deal a while ago were right, it appears that it's only a matter of finalizing the details.

Get that Peace Prize ready, Trump sure deserves it.

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has expressed its commitment to "complete denuclearization" of the Korean Peninsula and is not seeking conditions, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Thursday, as the United States vowed to maintain "maximum pressure" on Pyongyang.

Moon said big-picture agreements about denuclearization, establishing a peace regime and normalization of relations between the two Koreas and the United States should not be difficult to reach through summits between the North and South, and between the North and the United States.
Maybe obuma could give his to President Trump.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:33 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
I think it's a little too early to be awarding Nobel prizes.

Quote:
CIA Director Mike Pompeo met Kim this month to discuss a proposed summit with Trump and reported that the North Korean leader was not demanding the withdrawal of all U.S. forces as a precondition for the meeting, a U.S. official briefed on Pompeo’s trip told Reuters.

However, the official, who did not want to be identified, said that while Kim was open to negotiating “denuclearization,” the term remained undefined and potentially deceptive, given the need for a timetable and an inspection regime.
https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018...-missiles.html

Old 04-20-2018, 01:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

Yeah. I think at this point North Korea might be willing to say they won't make more. But giving up their nukes? I just dont see it.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:

How early did obuma receive his ?

Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm as big of a Trump supporter as you will find, but I'm also a realist, and know more than your average bear about Korea.

It's been a pressing issue because the NK regime lies. Period. So unless we have a way to guarantee that they've given up their nuclear weapons, it's not going to work. They will stall, manipulate and hide their weapons. They LOVE to dig, and you can be a lot of stuff is underground.

I hope it does take, because until 1945 Korea was such a united people. But I'm also doubtful.
Did you see all the tunnels they dug up at the DMZ?

They are going to play Trump.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:40 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It looks like North Korea will be agreeing to end it's nuclear program.

It's looking more like the people that said Trump closed this deal a while ago were right, it appears that it's only a matter of finalizing the details.

Get that Peace Prize ready, Trump sure deserves it.

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea has expressed its commitment to "complete denuclearization" of the Korean Peninsula and is not seeking conditions, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Thursday, as the United States vowed to maintain "maximum pressure" on Pyongyang.

Moon said big-picture agreements about denuclearization, establishing a peace regime and normalization of relations between the two Koreas and the United States should not be difficult to reach through summits between the North and South, and between the North and the United States.
Would you mind linking to your source?

Old 04-20-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
How early did obuma receive his ?
off topic, go start a thread if you want to discuss Obama.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Would you mind linking to your source?
it's a legit quote, you can see it in the NYT link I posted. It's just not the complete story.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:43 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
it's a legit quote, you can see it in the NYT link I posted. It's just not the complete story.
Not questioning its legitimacy, just wanted to see the whole article. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies