Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 10:43 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Aw that damn leftist media what with reporting on those events that actually happened and all. They should just ignore reality and do reports on magical fairy dragons instead.
Looking back since Trump announced he was running at how many different "news" outlets have had to retract stories, reassign employees and fired editors and reporters it's no surprise that the more legitimate reports are about magical fairy dragons.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Hmmm

Loves2read,

If big Russian money is behind Trump, then yes. It is logical there is a handler who keeps an eye on the funds.

However, that person would likely be a Russian and not Cohen.
I admit it might seem a stretch--but Cohen is only American by birth--
His background, his family, his long term relationships---they are as Russian as you can get w/o being born there...
The fact that he is imminently immersed in Russian mob culture yet born in America--and look at the name "Cohen" (nothing Russian there) makes him swim undetected in a sea of criminality...

Admittedly it's just a theory--but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has webbed feet like a duck--
Then let's roast it...

Old 04-18-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
even if the funds came from where cohen claimed ( mortgaged against his house ) it would still be an illegal campaign contribution.

my guess has always been that this goes beyond the payment to daniels.
How?

Old 04-18-2018, 10:45 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That is correct. But, it's not as salacious as Loves To read things it is. And, Cohen has plenty of money. The reason he tapped his HELOC to pay the ***** was so he would have a legit paper trail in case the left pulled this crap on him.
Its bank fraud if he didn't state the proper reason for the loan, isn't it?

Getting a HELOC is hard to come by these days. It takes several weeks (around a month) to get approved for one. If you can find an institution that has them. Frankly, its just as easy to refinance today as to get a new HELOC.

Last year I needed a new roof and thought that a HELOC would be a good way to go for financing. It wasn't. I was astounded at what I would have had to go thru to get it and the length of time it would take. Much different than in years past. So I cashed in some investments instead to pay for the roof.

Does he have plenty of money? Not so sure about that. He was heard to complain about not getting reimbursed the $130k. I was very skeptical re his wealth when reading about the HELOC story.

And your paper trail theory is ridiculous. No one can predict the future as you claim.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Looking back since Trump announced he was running at how many different "news" outlets have had to retract stories, reassign employees and fired editors and reporters it's no surprise that the more legitimate reports are about magical fairy dragons.
Didn't have to retract this story, which is the one you were just complaining about.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
It was flagged because dummy Cohen tried to wire money from the HELOC. He was the too lazy to write the check. He probably couldn't find the checkbook. It's not campaign fraud. His HELOC and the money he drew on it to pay Daniels had nothing to do with Campaign funds. Now, in all likely hood, an SEC violation was the excuse that was used to obtain the warrant for the raid. But if you notice that campaign fund violation story has quickly and quietly gone away.
I wouldn't say it has "quickly and quietly" gone away--
Sean Hannity pushed it off the headlines bigly
Then bombing Syria came about
Then Pompeo went to NK and returned alive
Then Trump met w/Abe
Then Karen McDougal's case was settled tonight

That part of the story will come back

The chairman of the FEC under Bush II said he thought it sounded exactly like campaign fraud
Campaign fraud doesn't have to occur with campaign funds--
Although I still wonder if the RNC wasn't paying for some of these payoffs since Cohen was assistant national campaign finance chair--and might still be...
HE hasn't resigned from that position like Broidy did...

Old 04-18-2018, 10:50 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
How?
an "in-kind contribution" far exceeding contribution limits.

Stormy Daniels 'hush money' may've been illegal campaign contribution - Business Insider

Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Its bank fraud if he didn't state the proper reason for the loan, isn't it?

Getting a HELOC is hard to come by these days. It takes several weeks (around a month) to get approved for one. If you can find an institution that has them. Frankly, its just as easy to refinance today as to get a new HELOC.

Last year I needed a new roof and thought that a HELOC would be a good way to go for financing. It wasn't. I was astounded at what I would have had to go thru to get it and the length of time it would take. Much different than in years past. So I cashed in some investments instead to pay for the roof.

Does he have plenty of money? Not so sure about that. He was heard to complain about not getting reimbursed the $130k. I was very skeptical re his wealth when reading about the HELOC story.

And your paper trail theory is ridiculous. No one can predict the future as you claim.
I'm not predicting the future. I'm giving insight. do with it what you will.

I got my HELOC in 30 days. Very simple when you have a lot of equity in a home. A person is under no obligation to use the HELOC within a specific amount of time either. Cohen has the Trump tower condo which is worth millions. He had an established open HELOC on it and it can be used for anything. The bank fraud angle you guys are hanging on is BS.

Cohen is a loud person and loves to bust balls. Yea, he was overheard saying that to people. I heard about it. What's always left out is that other people were busting his balls about the situation and they were all laughing about it.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
an "in-kind contribution" far exceeding contribution limits.

Stormy Daniels 'hush money' may've been illegal campaign contribution - Business Insider
Unprovable hyperbolic speculation.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
The accusation about how Cohen paid off Daniels was being pushed for months by the leftist media long before he was raided by the FBI. This was in part a media-driven raid.
Dude, hate to burst your thought bubble, but Cohen was the one who outed himself because he was moaning about how Trump had not repaid the money he spent on Daniels's hush money...
The fact that no conservative MSM would run the story isn't OUR fault...
Don't blame us because your side of the media aisle is reluctant to provide their audiences with news of the day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies