Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 02:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Look, if you want to down this rabbit hole than you have to hold every party accountable for doing the same thing. Obama's people made sure the courts were stacked in Democrats favor as we have seen with the circuit courts ruling against Trump's immigration and travel ban policies as one example. Polices that are at the discretion of the POTUS when it comes to immigration.
POTUS cannot violate the Constitution or the law of the land simply because he doesn't like Muslims or people with brown skin---
If he hates gangs so much why doens't he go after the Russian Mafia here in the US=
I think they are about as dangerous as any Central American drug cartel...

Some of the justices involved in those cases were Obama appointees but they also had to be approved by a GOP controlled Senate judiciary committee and approved by the Senate as a whole
So it wasn't like Obama drove up to their house, said come with me, and installed them in that court in the dark of night and BINGO the next day they were there-shackled to the judicial bench...

Some of the justices were appointed by GOP presidents as well--some of them might be Carter's or Clinton's appointees--

I know that reading the initial stories there is usually mention of who appointed them---and I see that -but I remember some of the deciding views were GOP appointed as well

Hey, Trump appointed Gorsuch--think he is very happy over how Gorsuch voted in the immigrant/burglary case brought by the DoJ and ICE--that was a BIG failure and a glaring example of how Sessions' DOJ and ICE are totally going for low hanging fruit to make Trump happy...which didn't happen in that decision...

You seem to have fallen into the habit of believing anything Breitbart or Fox says
Consult some other more "liberal" news outlets and see if you won't get more truth--which seems to be a liberal concept...
You have made reasoned comments--and I appreciate those from whatever political spectrum they derive--
If you find a fallacy based on my erroneous use of FACTS---then I appreciate having that point out
But just because my opinions differ----well, I have a right to an opinio...I just try to use facts to justify mine

Old 04-19-2018, 02:22 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Al Damatto was another gem.
I didn't imply he was a saint--he was a powerful GOP Senator from NY
He could have chosen almost anyone to suggest to Reagan a GOP president to fill the SDNY vacancy
He chose Kimbra Wood because of her professional expertise--how refreshing and bipartisan

Obviously he didn't have the chutzpah of Mitch McConnell to defy Obama and his Constitutional responsibility to allow Merrit Garland the "advice and consent" process...

Obama should have made a recess appointment when McConnell defied him and let the chips fall where they might
Obama was wrong NOT to have forced McConnell's hand
But McConnell was even more wrong because that deliberate refusal to follow the Constitution's delineation for filling a Supreme Court seat was a huge tear in the concept of honesty of government...
McConnell has done more than any recent Majority Leader to tear apart this country and create dissention vs true leadership--partisanship above all is his guiding belief
And he is still doing it...

Old 04-19-2018, 02:38 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,820 times
This is a thoughtful piece on why it may not matter whether Cohen will flip if pressed with serious charges:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/0...-donald-trump/

Old 04-19-2018, 02:43 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but....

https://twitter.com/FoxBusiness/stat...63621162356736

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/987052379181846533

Old 04-19-2018, 02:47 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Wow, that's a shocker. Hopefully the IG will have a different opinion.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:49 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,820 times
Quote:
Seems like an imaginary parade in your head. We are talking about the DOJ/SDNY’s criminal investigation where Cohen is the subject. It’s unfortunate you lack the capacity to differentiate the two. Hope this helps.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:50 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
This is a thoughtful piece on why it may not matter whether Cohen will flip if pressed with serious charges:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/0...-donald-trump/
Holy CRAP!!! My eyes burst into flames after reading that! Woah!!

Old 04-19-2018, 02:53 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking Get out your umbrella...

Quote:
See if you can figure out the difference between the target of an investigation and the subject of an investigation.

As of today, tRump is a subject. He could become a target at any time.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:55 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
POTUS cannot violate the Constitution or the law of the land simply because he doesn't like Muslims or people with brown skin---
If he hates gangs so much why doens't he go after the Russian Mafia here in the US=
I think they are about as dangerous as any Central American drug cartel...

Some of the justices involved in those cases were Obama appointees but they also had to be approved by a GOP controlled Senate judiciary committee and approved by the Senate as a whole
So it wasn't like Obama drove up to their house, said come with me, and installed them in that court in the dark of night and BINGO the next day they were there-shackled to the judicial bench...

Some of the justices were appointed by GOP presidents as well--some of them might be Carter's or Clinton's appointees--

I know that reading the initial stories there is usually mention of who appointed them---and I see that -but I remember some of the deciding views were GOP appointed as well

Hey, Trump appointed Gorsuch--think he is very happy over how Gorsuch voted in the immigrant/burglary case brought by the DoJ and ICE--that was a BIG failure and a glaring example of how Sessions' DOJ and ICE are totally going for low hanging fruit to make Trump happy...which didn't happen in that decision...

You seem to have fallen into the habit of believing anything Breitbart or Fox says
Consult some other more "liberal" news outlets and see if you won't get more truth--which seems to be a liberal concept...
You have made reasoned comments--and I appreciate those from whatever political spectrum they derive--
If you find a fallacy based on my erroneous use of FACTS---then I appreciate having that point out
But just because my opinions differ----well, I have a right to an opinio...I just try to use facts to justify mine
Is immigration not at the decression of the executive branch? Yes or No?

Old 04-19-2018, 02:56 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
See if you can figure out the difference between the target of an investigation and the subject of an investigation.

As of today, tRump is a subject. He could become a target at any time.

Keep hanging on to that hang on tight cause it's all you got
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies