Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 04:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Ho ho ho... interesting. I wont put much faith in it unless there starts to be more verification, but - that is certainly an interesting potential scenario. And the park bench meeting thing has struck me as extremely strange from the get go. What lawyer intentionally pisses off the judge like that, and why are all these sketchy people hanging with him while he is doing it. Very very odd...
Check the news
More about the taxi medallion business
A useful tool for laundering money
Plus a useful tool for people engaged in prostitution and gambling as a way to funnel traffic...

Old 04-19-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Well it would have been nice if someone enclosed a tidbit from that article like:

"So Michael Cohen’s uncle Morton Levine’s social club was the headquarters of Russian organized crime in the U.S."

The most important thing in the article is the fact Cohen owned shares in this club and sold the shares just after Trump became POTUS

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/0...-donald-trump/

So whoever wrote this is a big circle jerk is wrong. Time and again we keep finding out there is more there there and that a nothing burger weighs 2 lbs and has 12 slices of bacon and cheese.

I already here the "Right" saying...

"So what if Cohen really went to Prague? You can't prove he was doing anything wrong."
I wouldn't bet they don't find evidence--

It wouldn't surprise me if Cohen didn't keep records or maybe an audio file of conversation telling someone he did pay off those hackers...

Old 04-19-2018, 04:25 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Check the news
Plus a useful tool for people engaged in prostitution and gambling as a way to funnel traffic...
If it turns out true it would be substantially worse that what I was expecting and I already thought they were dirty as hell.... I figured, bit of money laundering here, bit of intimidation there, add a dash of shady business deals.... if that scenario is right it would be catastrophically worse than that.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
In NYC, absolutely.
Unfortunately not just NYC
All over the country...
Even liberal CA has its share...

Old 04-19-2018, 04:33 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times
Quote:
Check the news
It becomes suspicious when the total cash on the books per day exceeds this amount:

# of cabs * hour of meter time * 24

I read where Cohen reportedly owned 120 cabs.

It makes sense he got out of the cab business and into real estate since he could no longer hide so much cash.

So tell us Hannity, exactly why were you getting legal advice from Cohen on real estate?

Old 04-19-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
If it turns out true it would be substantially worse that what I was expecting and I already thought they were dirty as hell.... I figured, bit of money laundering here, bit of intimidation there, add a dash of shady business deals.... if that scenario is right it would be catastrophically worse than that.
Define catastrophically...
Constitutional crisis
What do you see the die-hard GOP Trumpsters doing when this really hits the fan

And Trump's kids were totally involved with his business
Ivana went to Azerbijan and worked on the hotel that was financed partially with Iranian Revolutionary Guard money Trump Tower Baku--
Of course there is no proof--as in court evidence under oath--
But it is in Azerbijan--would you expect the oligarchs in the deal to be put on trial???

Old 04-19-2018, 04:41 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
"If those relationships are real"....
That's a joke right...
Michael Cohen owned an interest in the "social club" used by the Russian mob as a quasi headquarters--
His uncle owned the club and gave all the nieces and nephews an interest
Cohen owned his until recently according to his uncle----but there is no real proof he divested himself of it...
You know how the mob likes to keep things in the family...

Boyhood friend with Felix Sater whose father was an underboss for one of the largest, more powerful Russian mob families
Although Sater did turn federal witness and testified against Russian co-conspirators
He got a minor fine and no jail time

They are real and likely mostly unexplored...
Fawke.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:44 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times
Father-in-law of Trump lawyer Michael Cohen reportedly loaned at least $20 million to Chicago cab mogul mentioned in FBI search warrants for Cohen

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/19/fath...cab-mogul.html

Hmm taxis are really profitable

So how exactly did this Ukrainian immigrant do so well in NYC that he could afford to lend $20mm to someone in Chicago?

There are five kinds of cheese on this nothing burger.

Last edited by pbmaise; 04-19-2018 at 04:57 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 05:05 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
America won the day Trump was elected.
Which must explain why America is investigating his treason, right?

Old 04-19-2018, 05:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Doubtful.

If Hannity was not a client, then why was Cohen forced to reveal his name? It's obvious that Cohen considered Hannity a client. Therefore, attorney client privilege does apply.

Hannity's statements were to the affect that he had asked Cohen for advice on several occasions. However, Cohen had never officially represented him in any case. Perhaps to you that does not entitle him to "attorney client privilege." But your opinion isn't what governs. It is the law that governs.

And, no, that was not the only article I read, however it was included as a link from other articles, which I also read. So what?
Hannity said he is not a client numerous times so one of them is lying. Which one do you think it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies