Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 01:28 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Can we try to stay on topic
This thread has been great
Dont want mods to have excuse
So Cohen -- his/situation investigation
Try to avoid other topics not germane
You have thrown this thread off topic several times too. settle down with telling people what to do.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I don't think I implied or categorized it as salacious
(of writing, pictures, or talk) treating sexual matters in an indecent way and typically conveying undue interest in or enjoyment of the subject.

I think I considered it--Cohen's use of the "paper trail" of that home loan to pay
Daniels-- as either stupid --as in likely to get him in trouble--or a cover up--

Maybe Cohen thought he was smart like a fox--laying a false trail in case anyone came sniffing around...

If you want to protect an illegal source of payoff money to protect a candidate for the presidential election
You cloak it so people don't look for it--then maybe you consider doing something like Cohen did---
take a bank/mortgage loan for the exact amount of the payoff and gossip to your buddies that Trump hasn't paid you back for fronting the money to pay off his bimbo...

What better way to divert attention from the fact that you had access to the RNC money as ass't national campaign finance chair at that time...
And dipped into those funds for Daniels---and just held the bank's money to pay yourself back and claim it came from Trump ==so that made the money just a "loan" from a close friend who also happened to be his attorney...

To me that sounds even more plausible (not salacious) and more criminal---because Cohen broke more laws doing it my way...
Cover up of what? If he has given her a duffle bag of cash maybe you could say it was a cover up. Daniels was paid out in the open through a legitimate line of credit that was wired to her account. You are grasping at straws, again.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I agree with you 100%. The evidence of such crimes needs to be undeniable. Suspicion of a crime and numerous unnamed sources that claim a crime has been committed are not evidence. That's what the investigations are for. However, investigations cannot be open-ended looking for the tiniest infraction to base a crime in when the original investigation didn't bear fruit. If these guys are guilty of treasonous acts then get them the eff out. If Cohen is guilty of a possible Campaign finance law for paying hush money to a hooker where the penalty at worst is a fine, I don't care, and the majority of the American people don't care either.
This isn't all Cohen will be charged with
Anyone found in those files NOT Trump or Hannity or Broidy have no right to attorney client priviledge/no cloaking
Those files are grist to the mill of illegal dealings

Cohen was caught between a rock and a hard place
Likely most of the work he did is illegal--money laundering by Russians and maybe others who are Trump's rich buddies...or shady deals like booting renters out of rent controlled apartments like the recent story about Kushner's company doing that to several apartment building bought, rent-controlled tenants evicted by any means necessary, and the apartments flipped for BIG profit since no long rent controlled entities-=higher ROI

But Cohen can't claim those people as clients because your work produce shows both sides were involved in guilty/criminal enterprises---so that pierces ANY attorney-client priviledge...
IF any of those people had showed up or had their attorneys show up and try to claim priviledge--
The first thing that has to happen after either the taint team or special master sets to work is their information is reviewed for the criminal exception...
No crime, no problem---go on your way---and that is just not going to happen--
Cohen is a fixer--not a brainiac

So Cohen is just screwed--
He names 3 people
Anyone else's name captured on an audio phone record, on e-file, paper trail, bookkeeper's entry--
Have to be checked for criminal evidence
LLCs will be investigated as to the principals--not a good thing at all--
Maybe the SDNY got some leads from the Panama Papers hackers dumped or the more recent dump of Carribbean banking info that shows illegal acts...

Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Anyone found in those files NOT Trump or Hannity or Broidy have no right to attorney client priviledge/no cloaking

Likely most of the work he did is illegal--money laundering by Russians and maybe others who are Trump's rich buddies...or shady deals like booting renters out of rent controlled apartments like the recent story about Kushner's company doing that to several apartment building bought, rent-controlled tenants evicted by any means necessary, and the apartments filled for BIG profit since no long rent controlled entities-=higher ROI

But Cohen can't claim those people as clients because your work produce shows both sides were involved in guilty/criminal enterprises---so that pierces ANY attorney-client priviledge...
IF any of those people had showed up or had their attorneys show up and try to claim priviledge--
The first thing that has to happen after either the taint team or special master sets to work is their information is reviewed for the criminal exception...

He names 3 people
Anyone else's name captured on an audio phone record, on e-file, paper trail, bookkeeper's entry--
Maybe the SDNY got some leads from the Panama Papers hackers dumped or the more recent dump of Carribbean banking info that shows illegal acts...
All that is going to depend on what the original warrant was for. You should know that a Warrant has to be specific in scope. It can't just be written as a blanket that covers everything and anything.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Cover up of what? If he has given her a duffle bag of cash maybe you could say it was a cover up. Daniels was paid out in the open through a legitimate line of credit that was wired to her account. You are grasping at straws, again.
I had not heard the bank wired the money--
I assumed he cut a check from the LLC he did the deal through
Why wouldn't the LLC be paying the money--why would he WANT the money to come from his personal account
That is even more stupid than a slug...

Old 04-19-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Why wouldn't the LLC be paying the money--why would he WANT the money to come from his personal account
That is even more stupid than a slug...
He sid try to wire it. That's what set off the red flags

Old 04-19-2018, 01:42 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Quote:

Likely most of the work he did is illegal--money laundering by Russians and maybe others who are Trump's rich buddies...or shady deals like booting renters out of rent controlled apartments like the recent story about Kushner's company doing that to several apartment building bought, rent-controlled tenants evicted by any means necessary, and the apartments flipped for BIG profit since no long rent controlled entities-=higher ROI

He names 3 people
Always appreciate your breakdowns

Old 04-19-2018, 01:45 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
IIRC, cohen claims the transferred the $130k within the same bank branch from his personal account to the LLC. not sure exactly how the exchange was handled from the LLC to daniels.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
All that is going to depend on what the original warrant was for. You should know that a Warrant has to be specific in scope. It can't just be written as a blanket that covers everything and anything.
You are correct-and there were specifics mentioned in the warrants according to the news reports but the warrants themselves are still apparently under seal
I read there was something about "taxi medallions", bank fraud, campaign fraud,
It woulnd't surprise me if conspiracy to commit fraud--seeing that Cohen and Richardson have worked several NDAs together over the years---we know about 3--could definitely be more...
I don't remember to be honest if "money laundering" was cited

But when they investigate for those crimes if they find a phone conversation where Cohen is talking to Boris Batenov and Boris asks Cohen to help him commit arson...
Don't you think they are going to follow up on that possible crime?

I think they are likely to go after Cohen's income tax returns to see how it matches with his office billing as well...
And I don't know how large an office Cohen runs--if he has several people working for him doing things like keeping books or a legal secretary but it seems likely that those people will be interviewed and their work product also falls under scrutiny--with additional warrants perhaps...

Old 04-19-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
IIRC, cohen claims the transferred the $130k within the same bank branch from his personal account to the LLC. not sure exactly how the exchange was handled from the LLC to daniels.
Ok--thanks--
Who knows how much other money was in that LLC--the same one that Broidy's NDA used to pass "his" money
What other sources of money went in and went out???
That needs investigating and verifying as to accuracy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies