Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 11:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I'm not predicting the future. I'm giving insight. do with it what you will.

Cohen is a loud person and loves to bust balls. Yea, he was overheard saying that to people. I heard about it. What's always left out is that other people were busting his balls about the situation and they were all laughing about it.
Not to "bust your balls" but the guys that were all laughing about Cohen's complaints--
Did they happen to be Russian?

Just because people either don't know or don't care that a law is broken--especially something as unimportant to some as election campaign rules--doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it won't get someone in trouble if it is investigated, taken to trial, and proven occurred...

There are plenty of guys out there laughing about date rape and DUI--
Does not excuse the behavior or the assinine acceptance of it by their peers...

Old 04-18-2018, 11:09 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The bank he used --Republic, I think--was bank that Trump Corp used (among others) and had accounts with
So Cohen likely had a relationship there for himself as a "favored son" of Trump
You know how those things go--
Making money for banks, you often find yourself the recepient of some special favors yourself...

And some of the tightest, cheapest, never pick up the check people I know -- are pretty rich
They just like to keep it...
And another thought--
Cohen was reported as complaining that Trump stiffed him over paying him back for the money for Daniels--
How could Trump do that when Trump didn't know anything about the deal???
I explained that earlier in the thread.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:11 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
I'm positive Cohen didn't give it to her because she is such a nice girl.
nice or not doesn't matter. if it was paid to keep her quiet so her story wouldn't be detrimental to the campaign then it was an illegal campaign contribution on the part of cohen.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Not to "bust your balls" but the guys that were all laughing about Cohen's complaints--
Did they happen to be Russian?

Just because people either don't know or don't care that a law is broken--especially something as unimportant to some as election campaign rules--doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it won't get someone in trouble if it is investigated, taken to trial, and proven occurred...

There are plenty of guys out there laughing about date rape and DUI--
Does not excuse the behavior or the assinine acceptance of it by their peers...
I don't know.

At least we are getting somewhere now.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
I'm positive Cohen didn't give it to her because she is such a nice girl. Although, I have heard she is a very nice girl.
That is really a sexist, demeaning comment to make about a woman who is causing grief for someone you think did no wrong...
Maybe the state of NY should just charge Trump with X counts of adultry
Supposedly that is still a crime on the state's books
Wonder what the statute of limitations might be...
And there is no presidential pardon for state crimes...

Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
I'm not predicting the future. I'm giving insight. do with it what you will.

I got my HELOC in 30 days. Very simple when you have a lot of equity in a home. A person is under no obligation to use the HELOC within a specific amount of time either. Cohen has the Trump tower condo which is worth millions. He had an established open HELOC on it and it can be used for anything. The bank fraud angle you guys are hanging on is BS.

Cohen is a loud person and loves to bust balls. Yea, he was overheard saying that to people. I heard about it. What's always left out is that other people were busting his balls about the situation and they were all laughing about it.
My house is paid for. And I have a LOT of equity. But you took 30 days to get it, thats what I experienced. They also wanted 2 years tax forms, proof of income for past 3 months, house inspection, appraisal, credit check, deed to house, etc. Pointless when I could just say forget it and pay cash.

Did he have an open HELOC? You don't know that, neither do I. And if so, why? After all, he's got lots of money and is rich. Right? Why would he need to borrow such comparatively so little? Busting balls? Thats pure speculation. And you know it.

Personally, I think the money came from other sources, he just said first thing that came to mind as a cover, not realizing it could bite him big time later.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
nice or not doesn't matter. if it was paid to keep her quiet so her story wouldn't be detrimental to the campaign then it was an illegal campaign contribution on the part of cohen.
Just briefly reviewing Campaign finance law I don't see anything that would implicate Cohen violating Campaign finance law. Perhaps it could be construed as soft money but IMO of my limited knowledge I don't think it is. I will read up on this more as time permits.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
That is really a sexist, demeaning comment to make about a woman who is causing grief for someone you think did no wrong...
Maybe the state of NY should just charge Trump with X counts of adultry
Supposedly that is still a crime on the state's books
Wonder what the statute of limitations might be...
And there is no presidential pardon for state crimes...
But it's true. I heard she is a very nice girl. I'm not being sexist.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
My house is paid for. And I have a LOT of equity. But you took 30 days to get it, thats what I experienced. They also wanted 2 years tax forms, proof of income for past 3 months, house inspection, appraisal, credit check, deed to house, etc. Pointless when I could just say forget it and pay cash.

Did he have an open HELOC? You don't know that, neither do I. And if so, why? After all, he's got lots of money and is rich. Right? Why would he need to borrow such comparatively so little? Busting balls? Thats pure speculation. And you know it.

Personally, I think the money came from other sources, he just said first thing that came to mind as a cover, not realizing it could bite him big time later.
Ok, if you say so.
Will see what happens. I'm sure tomorrow will bring something new and exciting to make the Trump haters hate him more real or imagined. After all that's what everyone on the left wants.

Old 04-18-2018, 11:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
I want this Fugasi president replaced with a real one. I do not want this court jester representing my country. I realize that plenty of Americans do. That is why I VOTE. It's my god given right to dislike this rouge's galley of an Administration. I will be voting. The fact that the tea party Patriots and evangelicals support a crook is mind boggling. A NYC subway bathroom is cleaner than Cohen and Trump....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies