Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 09:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I agreed with his firing of the Air traffic controllers. They were being offered a fair contract and decided to hold the country hostage.

Iran Contra was bad. That was an international incident that had no bearing on the homeland in the way you make it out to be.

Every cut or spending measure that Reagan signed off on was sent to him by a Democratic and Republican budget committee. He and Tip O'neil had their differences but they worked together to bridge the gaps between them.
But you can't claim that cutting mental health funding hasn't contributed to the homeless problem, and the lack of public health centers to help deal with the opioid crisis....
Reagan planted the seeds
He could have vetoed the bill if he didn't want to sign it
But he DID--he wanted to cut back on social services--and cut back on unions--
He hated them from his time as CA govenor and before that head of the Screen Actors Guild...a big Union factory

Old 04-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
FBI???? This is same FBI that for decades violated the rights of Americans and leaders by spying on anyone and recorded telephone converdation on anyone who challenges the federal government or protested the Vietnam war.

The same FBI who works hand in hand with the NSA to spy on Americans? LOL
Under both Republican and Democratic presidencies

Old 04-09-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I would PAY to see that. Instant TV classic.

LOL....yah right.

The FBI are a bunch of traitorous spooks and crooks. They are involved in setting up almost every act of terror that has ever occurred in this country. They have protected and enabled mafia killers and other dangerous psychopaths.

They lie, they spy, they falsify...they are a dishonorable scourge on our nation, and it is way past time they all be fired/jailed/executed for their crimes against our Constitution and the American people.

What ACTUAL crimes has the bureau ever actually prevented or solved? Let's just start there.

Absent of their setting the entire thing up, that is.

Just go on...name ONE.
OFF topic
Trying to turn the lens on the FBI vs on Cohen

Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
There is nothing there
Carter Page was already thought to be a security risk before Trump began his campaign in 2015
Papadoupolus's boasting to the Australia was reason the FBI got involved
Not the Steele document
Try to keep up\
AND STAY ON TOPIC
Don't try to diffuse and distract
False. That was a Five Eyes intercept.

Illegal as hell. But its been going on for 40 years. Hey, where was the FBI when all this illegal spying was being conducted on American citizens? Trying to "protect our democracy" by investigating the spies?

Nope.

They were participating in it.

That's what you need to know.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:04 PM

You can tell that the news is bad for Trump because this thread is starting to have more of the posters who deflect to other topics vs trying to defend with legitimate argument

Follow up on the connection between Strategic Campaign Group (raided by FBI in May '17 that had ties with Cambridge Analytica, John Boton's SuperPAC, Bannon and Mercer
That is the reason the GOP has laid down and let Devin Nunes walk all over the House Intelligence Committee and Paul Ryan...and let Trump associate get away with using profanity to a sitting member of Congress in a hearing, let others get away with refusing to answer w/o a legitimate reason...
Follow the money---
Cohen was a national deputy finance chairman for the RNC
Cohen was a "bag man" for Trump...
And this search was also looking for 150K donation to Trump foundation by a Russian

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
YAWN.

I been waiting almost a year and a half for a just one minuscule sliver of evidence that would tie Trump to Russian collusion.

Wake me up whenever you guys find something.

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
False. That was a Five Eyes intercept.

Illegal as hell. But its been going on for 40 years. Hey, where was the FBI when all this illegal spying was being conducted on American citizens? Trying to "protect our democracy" by investigating the spies?

Nope.

They were participating in it.

That's what you need to know.
Won't even comment on that as it has nothing to do with the current situation. Please stay on topic.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 PM

9,987 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Trump also perpetuates the line that if Sessions knew he was going to recuse him self from the Russia investigation, he should have told Trump before he named him AG. Only thing Trump keeps forgetting is that there was no Russia investigation for Sessions to recuse himself at the time he was appointed (January 2017) until May 2017.
If it never occurred to him that someone who campaigned for him and was later appointed to a position of power might need to recuse himself from campaign-related matters in the exercise of those powers... well, count that as Trump Rookie Mistake number 4,372. This guy just might rookie-mistake himself into impeachment or a jail cell yet. This is what happens when you try to play big-boy games without even dipping your toes in the kiddie pool first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Law abiding people have no worries.
Aw, it's so cute to see there are still people so naive as to have such blind faith in our justice system.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:07 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
YAWN.

I been waiting almost a year and a half for a just one minuscule sliver of evidence that would tie Trump to Russian collusion.

That's not the point to the investigation. Plenty of action has been taken on individuals found guilty, which shows the investigation is doing it's job.

If Trump is tied to it, that will probably take more time as I'm sure everyone wants to dot their I's and cross their T's.

Trump did a great job of giving the FBI ammunition against his lawyer, Cohen. Maybe we should wait and see if Cohen would like to return the favor?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
YAWN.

If you were keeping up, this isn't about that. Perhaps instead of yawning and being tired/sleeping, you should wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies