Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I support some Donald Trump, I reject some Donald Trump. I reject the tariffs. I LOVE the tax cuts. I'm a free trade guy. I support strong border enforcement. Very, very strong. I don't want people walking into my country under any circumstances. I want EVERYONE vetted, and they must apply and be accepted BEFORE getting here. And I don't care how many rug rats they're dragging along with them. The use of children to invoke public sympathy and push their way into my country? I don't support that.

You can come, after vetting. You need to speak English, you need to state that you support American principles such as freedom, individualism, Capitalism, YES, CAPITALISM, and you need to sign away all rights to welfare programs for 20 years.

Do all that? Come on in, the water is fine and I look forward to welcoming you into MY country as a new fellow citizen.
So many of our ancestors wouldn't have been allowed in under today's rules and you and others want to make them stricter.

Pathetic.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:20 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I read it already. I read the Flores case before you posted and the dissenting argument and reasons. This DHS stuff started under Bush which calls for illegal minors to be placed in detention centers. Why do I think that is? Your smart and I'm academically inferior. You tell me?

We can go back and forth. I already received two rep points against you already. We can drag this out. Let me know?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ention-minors/
Oh good, we're going to use rep points to figure out if this is true. Good thing I got rep points.

Where in that settlement did you find it? I didn't ask if you read it. I'm asking where you found that the Flores settlement mandated that families who come to the border must be separated.

Your remark about illegal minors in detention centers probably refers to the mandated policy for unaccompanied minors. It's procedural as a staging area in an attempt to find the legal guardians or family. If that's what you're citing, then you realize unaccompanied minors is not the same as taking kids away from their parents, right? They are unaccompanied.

That snopes link is interesting, but you were on the track of arguing using the Flores settlement. Cite where it states so. I didn't say you're academically inferior--you can just stick with the argument and show it. Doesn't matter if we're high school dropouts or we've got doctorates in nuclear masturbation.

Let's just try to get one thing figured out which is to stop spreading this misinformation.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:21 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Sunday in January of 2021 when Trump is out of office.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Jesus told his followers to obey the laws of the land and to render unto Caesar that which is his. Illegal aliens do none of those things.
Nah. You're wrong. Look it up bruh.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Shouldn’t the moral obligation be placed on their home countries ?

We can’t bring in every poor person from around the world .

We have a lot of poverty here already . 50,000 homeless just in Los Angeles .
Be honest.

If a proposal to provide modest, but suitable, housing for those homeless people, built on the taxpayer dime came up, would you support it?

Old 06-23-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://gop.com/time-to-hire-a-new-researcher/

For over a week now, reporters have been using an image of a crying girl to demonize the Trump administration.
It turns out it wasn’t true. The girl and her mother are together and safe. They were never separated.
The father of the little girl pictured even said, “They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border.”
I'm very relieved that child is okay.
That doesn't mean the others are nor does it negate the audio recording we heard earlier this week.

Logic dictates that one must take in the whole of the evidence...not just that which proves their bias.

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as
noun
the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
And, even though it is now known to be untrue, there will be no serious retraction. The left continues to share the video and base their narrative on that image, even if they know it is not true.
You mean how the right continues to share crap that was disproven years ago?

Idiotic sharing of fake news is not the provenance of any one group, I assure you.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
You would not want them here if the illegal immigrants all voted for Republicans.

WOW.

The truth comes out. This is all about votes for you????

Are you KIDDING ME?

Of all the time I've spent arguing, researching, etc on this issue, I've NEVER thought, "Oooo I hope they vote Dem when they get here." FURTHEST thing from my mind. My mind goes straight to, "What if this were my family? My boys scared, hungry, etc. How would I feel and how would I want to be treated?"

Voting...seriously? Disgusting.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh good, we're going to use rep points to figure out if this is true. Good thing I got rep points.

Where in that settlement did you find it? I didn't ask if you read it. I'm asking where you found that the Flores settlement mandated that families who come to the border must be separated.

Your remark about illegal minors in detention centers probably refers to the mandated policy for unaccompanied minors. It's procedural as a staging area in an attempt to find the legal guardians or family. If that's what you're citing, then you realize unaccompanied minors is not the same as taking kids away from their parents, right? They are unaccompanied.

That snopes link is interesting, but you were on the track of arguing using the Flores settlement. Cite where it states so. I didn't say you're academically inferior--you can just stick with the argument and show it. Doesn't matter if we're high school dropouts or we've got doctorates in nuclear masturbation.

Let's just try to get one thing figured out which is to stop spreading this misinformation.
I told you Clinton was a typo. You don't believe me. I meant Bush Jr Administration.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:52 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
if I break the law I will be separated from my kids. I'm a U.S. Citizen. Millions of Americans are separated from their kids when they violate the law and go to jail, why would illegals get special treatment?
There is no law that requires you to be separated from your kids if you break the law, where'd you ever get that idea? Clearly you can't take them to jail but there are almost no situations where you are denied bail or held in custody until you are sentenced that idea is probably the dumbest analogy that cons have come up with lately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies