Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 08:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Righhhhtttttt

Show me the Republican policies and initiatives which seek to lessen or eradicate any of your "concerns"

I'll wait.
Amazing, isn't it, how so many have suddenly developed this great concern for the poor, suffering children of this country?

The same people who vote for people who want to cut SNAP benefits and after-school programs and children's health insurance programs are now conveniently social justice warriors for the children.

Sure they are.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:36 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,943,061 times
Unfortunately, this is a trick question. Its a setup. How about another option. I dont believe in anyone coming into the country without preaproved legal right to enter.Ie passport, visa. No admitance to someo e who just shows up on the border.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:36 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,508,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Then you agree with the Bible...
It's not just about Taxes either!

Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's."
Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."
Read the whole context of Romans and you see it was more advice by Paul to avoid persecution of jews by the romans. Slaveowners and nazi sypathizers in germany used this same passage incorrectly top advance their position.

Try Matthew 25:43 for Jesus teaching on who we should treat refugees.

I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer [a]Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:37 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
No I'm not.

Jeff Sessions said outright it was a deterrent:

John Kelly said it was deterrent:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...p-immigration/

FACT.

They probably said punishment at some point in time also but neither is relevant to the reference of Romans 13.

Of course it is being used as a deterrent they are not denying that. Still not relevant to the biblical references.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:37 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,575,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you feel the same about separating US citizens from US citizen children when they are arrested and jailed for a crime? What about when DCS removes children from the home, divorced fathers who don't get to see their children?
It's bad for the children no matter what. But unless both parents have committed a crime, or a whole family has committed a crime, an American child is going to have somebody that they know (in a country where they speak the language) to be connected to. These children are already experiencing the trauma of being displaced from their homes; to have the further trauma of being incarcerated themselves is immoral.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And WHO is to be allowed to determine which part of the Bible takes precedence when there are other parts such as:

Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. _____ Matthew 22:39

And thy self (US citizens) are separated from their children when they are arrested and detained for disobeying the law.

Anyway NO biblical references should be used in determining or upholding US law/Policy.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,606,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
It's bad for the children no matter what. But unless both parents have committed a crime, or a whole family has committed a crime, an American child is going to have somebody that they know (in a country where they speak the language) to be connected to. These children are already experiencing the trauma of being displaced from their homes; to have the further trauma of being incarcerated themselves is immoral.
I was just thinking the same thing. It is amazing that so few people have pointed this out.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:40 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
just because there is money to be made here doesn't make it acceptable to come here illegally. there is money to be made as a drug dealer too, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Drug dealers go to jail when caught, how many who hire illegals face anything but fines?

17,154 posts, read 12,997,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
And what happens to children who are American citizens when their parents go to prison?

Foster care (or imprisonment as you call it)
There is a big difference between the two. Foster care is another home where children have different parents. It isn't similar to a juvenile detention center where minors who commit crimes are housed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
And who displaced them from their homes, knowing the consequences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies