Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 10:51 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Without; an estimate of number of school entrances in the US, the qualifications and pay for these 'armed guards, total cost, and how it will be paid for, this is just another half-baked right wing idea.
Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll be union employees so Democrats should love the idea since the dues will go into their campaign coffers.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
So we don’t have money to make sure teachers have proper supplies in their classrooms or updated books, but we do have money for moar guns.

Oookay.
Do you know how much waste there is in every school district? They could find the money.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:55 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll be union employees so Democrats should love the idea since the dues will go into their campaign coffers.
Union dues aren’t that much and they fight for the benefits of the middle class. Teachers are the middle class

Old 05-20-2018, 11:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
We protect our military bases, airports, banks, and George Soros' house by people with guns and you hardly see a mass shooting at those venues.

But concerts, schools, movie theaters, churches have little to no security which makes it an easy target for mass shooters.

Maybe it's time we need more armed guards or more open carry permits.

For further reading
We already have armed officers on school campuses.

It doesn't stop anything.

Quit letting kids get access to guns.

That'll solve most of these. We cannot end ALL school violence. But, we can end a pretty good chunk of it if Junior cannot grab daddy's guns and go shoot the girl who won't date him and some of the other kids he thinks looked at him funny sometimes.

Come on. That's the solution. Not all this militarization of school campuses.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Pass laws that require parents with children under 21 to secure and lock all guns in the house. If a crime is committed with those guns by child, parent is charged with same crime. Send a few of these parents to jail and see if that doesn't stop most of these school shootings.
Yep. That'll fix most of these. Not all, obviously, because the Parkland kid was old enough to buy his own, but it would sure fix the majority and I think that's a hell of a good start.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nothing prevents a state / district from “ hardening” entries to schools.

There are about 100,000 public schools in the US. Most will never experience an active shooter no matter what strategy they employ, or not.
We know that, but there have been 22 school shootings this year alone. How many judges were killed in courtrooms before they added metal detectors? I can assure it was far less than that.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I see you did NOT respond to my post about 11 year old girls DEFENDING themselves.

Using the same way many libs use things., "You DON'T CARE about kids!"

"if you do not store your weapons properly"

Define properly.

Under "your way" would any of the 11 year olds been able to get the gun they used to defend themselves?

As the left uses a lot, "If it saves only ONE child, it IS worth it"!
Let me flip it.... if only a handful of kids use a gun to defend themselves at home, but we save hundreds that would die in a school, movie theater, etc...

I'm all for charging parents who don't store their guns properly because we have no idea whether or not those kids at home would've wound up dead or even shot, for that matter.

And, parents can always choose to ignore it if they feel their kids REALLY are going to respect those guns. Would certainly change the way people deal with loaded weapons.

I mean, if you and your kids live in the middle of the Montana woods, maybe you want to just teach them to shoot and worry about what might happen if they ever flip out.

If you live in a low-crime suburb, maybe you want to just keep those guns locked up so your kid doesn't take one to school and shoot their classmates, or pull the gun out while you're mowing the lawn and accidentally shoot his little brother or sister.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
We protect our military bases, airports, banks, and George Soros' house by people with guns and you hardly see a mass shooting at those venues.

But concerts, schools, movie theaters, churches have little to no security which makes it an easy target for mass shooters.

Maybe it's time we need more armed guards or more open carry permits.

For further reading
Next you’ll be saying that we need to put guns in the incubators of every baby born.

These kids are shooting up armed schools. Your prescription ain’t working.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Union dues aren’t that much and they fight for the benefits of the middle class. Teachers are the middle class
I’m not against unions, just pointing that out to make it more palatable because I really think this is what it’s come to.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We already have armed officers on school campuses.

It doesn't stop anything.

Quit letting kids get access to guns.

That'll solve most of these. We cannot end ALL school violence. But, we can end a pretty good chunk of it if Junior cannot grab daddy's guns and go shoot the girl who won't date him and some of the other kids he thinks looked at him funny sometimes.

Come on. That's the solution. Not all this militarization of school campuses.
That is NOT the solution. Unless we are talking about a total gun ban and confiscation and closing our borders completely, then it’s not going to work. And we know the chances of that happening is zilch. Congress can’t even get many non-controversial laws passed because they’re always running for the next election. You think we are going to get even the wholly ineffective gun control laws they’re asking for passed in time for the next school year? Dream on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies