Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 11:11 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, people should carry conceal in these public places that "allow" firearms.

Just remember, you're responsible for your own safety and the safety of your love ones; not your neighbor, not law enforcement, especially not our goverment.

Since 9/11 we haven't had a hijacking.

Why?

1. Airport security.

2. Armed pilots and reinforced cockpit doors

Do people think the airlines/governments solely depended on some silly law (that's meant to be broken) stating hijackers shouldn't use guns or other weapons to hijack planes? Lol right!

Another thing to remember: there hasn't been one law that hasn't been broken, and will continue to be broken. All laws are mostly geared for accountability, not prevention. People hell-bent on doing harm dont pause to think "this is against the law, I shouldn't do it". Only good people adhere to laws, not bad people.
People have shown over and over that it is still not hard to sneak a weapon on an airplane. The reason it hasn't happened again is the difficulty in finding enough people to pull it off.

I have NO problem if you want to carry but the person that wants to kill can still plan and take out quite a few before anyone can respond. I want to address the issue before there is an issue.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:14 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Anyone who believes the government should have ANY authority to decide who can own a gun and who can't, does not support the 2nd amendment. In fact he is trying to evade and ignore the 2nd, which flatly forbids government from having any such authority.
I support the COnstitution and you are completely unable to defend your position as I've done it over and over. Your argument means those in prison can vote and arm themselves while in prison. The COnstitution does not exist only for the 2nd.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:17 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
He COULD have gotten one if he really wanted to.
Don't argue with me. He's the one who said it. In any event, he didn't get an assault rifle but was able to acquire firearms. By the time of the shooting, was actually 18 and could have bought them himself. Instead, he got others to do it for him.
Quote:
Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.
VPC - Where'd They Get Their Guns? - Columbine High School, Littleton, Colorado

It didn't turn out very well for Manes and another man. Manes was sentenced to six years prison while Philip Duran got 4.5 years for buying the the TEC-DC9 semi-automatic handgun Klebold used.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:19 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
"I think, gun grabbers could care less about kids lives -"

Exactly, ALL the want to do is ban guns, PERIOD.
How does that even make sense to you?

Why on earth would people want to ban guns "period" unless there were clear and empirical reasons for doing so?

Your term "gun grabbers" is fairly recent in it's genesis but the reasons for banning guns, including that of kids needlessly losing their lives to them, go back eons.

You're behaving like all these deaths of Americans of all ages is simply collateral damage to the greater good of freedom to own a dang gun that does nothing whatsoever to improve your quality of life index.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Why on earth would people want to ban guns "period" unless there were clear and empirical reasons for doing so?

Your term "gun grabbers" is fairly recent in it's genesis but the reasons for banning guns, including that of kids needlessly losing their lives to them, go back eons.

You're behaving like all these deaths of Americans of all ages is simply collateral damage to the greater good of freedom to own a dang gun that does nothing whatsoever to improve your quality of life index.
Are you saying, if we ban all guns, all of those death would magically stop?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So we have armed guards at every entrance and metal detectors.

There goes the wall -- we need to protect our kids first and worry about the wall later.
The kids can protect themselves. Government has denied them the ability, unconstitutionally.
People, regardless of age, have every right to keep & bear their own arms, for their own personal protection, no matter where they travel.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How much more are you willing to pay in taxes to have this happen?
Why should the taxpayers pay for this cost? Shouldn't the parents pay for it? You know the children's parents.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
"I think, gun grabbers could care less about kids lives -"

Exactly, ALL the want to do is ban guns, PERIOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Of course, it doesn't make sense.

The gun grabbers WANT MORE DEAD CHILDREN, which is why they are against armed guards at schools. If no more dead children, how else can they push for more gun control?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support the COnstitution and you are completely unable to defend your position as I've done it over and over. Your argument means those in prison can vote and arm themselves while in prison. The COnstitution does not exist only for the 2nd.
The only way you can deny me a firearm, is by incarceration or death.
Are you any different.

Why shouldn't you be armed at all times in your travels? Are you too dangerous to be armed?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
^^ When you cannot answer....this is what you say....
why should I provide an answer to a whataboutism?

the subject is guns.

not knives
not rental trucks
not automobiles
not airplanes

not any of the other myriad ways humans are able to kill each other.

UNDERSTAND NOW?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies