Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Are you responsible for your kids or not?
To a point, while they are in my eye sight.

I can only pray I taught them well, so I don't look like the bad guy.
It is not what you do when everyone is looking. It is what you do when no one is looking that defines you as a human. Lesson taught.

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
That's silly.

For one, charging parents after the fact doesn't bring the dead kids back. For another, parents don't tend to view their kid as the next potential shooter. They aren't going to be thinking "I better do this and this or that, else I'll be in trouble if my kid shoots up his school someday". And finally, many of these shooters are angry with their parents and this just gives them another way to hurt them.

Here's a novel idea - stop reporting the school shootings with 24/7 coverage on every channel. It just gives all the disturbed kids more ideas and shows them how infamous they can become. They also learn techniques to bypass security and be more "effective".
Parents view not wanting to land in prison as desirable.

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They cannot let them drive afterward, though.
No they can't.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Are you actually a parent? Most parents don't even consider the possibility that their kids could be a "shooter". Even the ones with long juvi rap sheets are "good kids inside". Losing a child is the greatest tragedy of all for most parents and if that alone isn't enough to deter it then nothing is.
I have three kids. 2 adults now, one in high school. I think parents will just be going to prison if they’re that stupid.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What do you do about the parks? The mall? McDonalds?
I think, people should carry conceal in these public places that "allow" firearms.

Just remember, you're responsible for your own safety and the safety of your love ones; not your neighbor, not law enforcement, especially not our goverment.

Since 9/11 we haven't had a hijacking.

Why?

1. Airport security.

2. Armed pilots and reinforced cockpit doors

Do people think the airlines/governments solely depended on some silly law (that's meant to be broken) stating hijackers shouldn't use guns or other weapons to hijack planes? Lol right!

Another thing to remember: there hasn't been one law that hasn't been broken, and will continue to be broken. All laws are mostly geared for accountability, not prevention. People hell-bent on doing harm dont pause to think "this is against the law, I shouldn't do it". Only good people adhere to laws, not bad people.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:04 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
We have long taken the right to own guns through due process
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support the 2nd.
Anyone who believes the government should have ANY authority to decide who can own a gun and who can't, does not support the 2nd amendment. In fact he is trying to evade and ignore the 2nd, which flatly forbids government from having any such authority.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Anyone who believes the government should have ANY authority to decide who can own a gun and who can't, does not support the 2nd amendment. In fact he is trying to evade and ignore the 2nd, which flatly forbids government from having any such authority.
Exactly right!

Im always surprised how many posters on here and people in general, seem to feel the complete opposite is needed, they are actually calling for MORE laws, MORE intrusion, MORE infringement!!! and even though these shootings keep happening, these people continue to look to Govt/ law enforcement to help or solve the problem...whats up with that?! If they havent been able to get it under control yet, what is magically going to happen to change that in the future? LOL

Maybe we need to start teaching better US history in schools?!!

Old 05-21-2018, 10:17 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This isn't prevention, but accountability after the deed is done.

We need prevention's. Threatening to charge parents isn't good enough. We need mechanisms in place just in case the kid gets into their parents gun safe.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:20 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Q: "Why do our schools look like prisons, with armed guards and metal detectors and locked doors?"
A: "Because without an armed populace, we'd end up living in a police state."

Old 05-21-2018, 10:23 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times
Prediction,

There will be armed security(private or government employees) at every school, church, shopping center, etc in the near future.

Another prediction,

It may start off being a private company offering security, but I think eventually it will be some government agency.

There is no stopping this trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies