Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Pass laws that require parents with children under 21 to secure and lock all guns in the house. If a crime is committed with those guns by child, parent is charged with same crime. Send a few of these parents to jail and see if that doesn't stop most of these school shootings.
I have proposed this as well. There needs to be something to hold the parents accountable.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:32 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, how'd he gain access to them?
4 inch grinder will go through any safe especially the most common ones.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So Liberals dont want armed guards, no metal detectors, no arming teaches, no check point entry; just pass a law that angry suicidal kids bent on killing their peers will could care less about.

How can this possibly have any logic in it, boggles me.

When I was going to high school in California in the mid 90's, we had a fenced close campus with metal detectors with over 2000 students. I didn't see any problem going in and out of school. Students learn very quickly what items not to bring so they dont get pulled aside and frisked.

Just having these check points will deter shooters. Shooters cant simply come on campus unchecked unabated with long riffles, handguns, explosives, etc open doors and start shooting.

I think, gun grabbers could care less about kids lives - they just hate guns and the people who own them. Children's safety......who cares! Just as long as john doesn't have that gun i dont like.
Where did you read that liberals don't want metal detectors ....or check points?

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Teachers in a high school classroom packing heat is a recipe for disaster.

How do you know they are not now? And what would prevent them from shooting children now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I have proposed this as well. There needs to be something to hold the parents accountable.
Kids are already drinking and driving at ages 16. Is that the parents fault too? Is a kid's fake ID the parents fault?

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I cannot believe some of the suggestions like this!! Its really difficult to fathom these are coming from American citizens, if it is many many people today would be happier living under a total dictatorship or a full on very strict police state.

Im sorry to say, but this is the result of years of 'conditioning' and brainwashing, so we now have regular civilians calling for brutally extreme laws and regulations to be imposed!!
Not seeing the problem here. You own a gun, you keep it secure. If you do not, you get charged if your kid uses it to shoot up a school.

Where's the "dictatorship?"

Where is the "police state?"

What is so extreme about people needing to keep their firearms out of the hands of their kids?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Not seeing the problem here. You own a gun, you keep it secure. If you do not, you get charged if your kid uses it to shoot up a school.

Where's the "dictatorship?"

Where is the "police state?"

What is so extreme about people needing to keep their firearms out of the hands of their kids?
First, not everyone has 4 grand for a truly secure safe. Someone can cut off a trigger lock with bolt cutters in seconds.

Evil is evil.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
4 inch grinder will go through any safe especially the most common ones.
So, if your kid drills through your safe, you're not charged? I mean, that sounds reasonable enough and might lead to people purchasing safes that are a bit harder to thwart if this becomes the common method of obtaining your dad's guns, no?

I'm really just thinking this over right now, but I'm thinking the odds go way down if you tell people they might go to prison if their kids ever shoot people with your guns.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How do you know they are not now? And what would prevent them from shooting children now?
It's not exactly common. I know that some places allow it, but I think it's not going to work because most teachers don't want to carry guns. They don't get paid to police. They get paid to teach.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Kids are already drinking and driving at ages 16. Is that the parents fault too? Is a kid's fake ID the parents fault?
Actually, if the kid got the alcohol from the parent, the parent can be charged.

That's pretty common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies