Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe that is the answer but we will never get there with the arguments we are using. No one discusses the actual people. For the vast majority the only arguments are less guns or more guns.
Very few if any argue that the solution is simply "more guns". That's the left's effort to lie about what gun rights advocates actually said: that mass shooters are often deterred by armed guards. Or deterred by the knowledge that, in the few venues where concealed carry is permitted, a few people at a school where he are planning a mass murder are likely armed and able to distract or stop the murderer before he can rack up the high body count he wants before he's disabled or dead.

Gun "controllers", having no response, try to pretend the gun rights advocate said something else, and then bash him for the stupidity of it. Even though it was the gun "controller" who said it, not the gun rights advocate.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He didn't need help. He's beyond help. He needed to be locked away in a mental institution before "going off." We used to do that at one time. There were lots of mental institutions for nutjobs. But the left had them all shut down.

If a person is too dangerous to own a firearm, they are too dangerous to walk the streets freely in society, where weapons are a hand reach away.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:52 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
IS IT?

We still have people harming each other.

Didn't 9-11 and the immediate situations after that teach us anything? If someone really wants to, they will find a way.

So how do we stop them, how do we take away that motivation?
whataboutism at its finest!

Old 05-21-2018, 09:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Very few if any argue that the solution is simply "more guns".
Armed guards at every entrance is indeed arguing that.

Quote:
That's the left's effort to lie about what gun rights advocates actually said: that mass shooters are often deterred by armed guards. Or deterred by the knowledge that, in the few venues where concealed carry is permitted, a few people at a school where he are planning a mass murder are likely armed and able to distract or stop the murderer before he can rack up the high body count he wants before he's disabled or dead.

Gun "controllers", having no response, try to pretend the gun rights advocate said something else, and then bash him for the stupidity of it. Even though it was the gun "controller" who said it, not the gun rights advocate.
It was said. Allowing concealed carry in schools is not "more guns"? Of course it is. You are the one with no response.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:56 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He didn't need help. He's beyond help. He needed to be locked away in a mental institution before "going off." We used to do that at one time. There were lots of mental institutions for nutjobs. But the left had them all shut down.
oh, excuse me!

that was Ronald Reagan's bright idea!

you probably weren't born yet when that happened, so you wouldn't know.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
He killed her and took her keys.
I guess a safe with a key lock isn’t secure.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are not my guns. They are my entire families guns.
I have had my own personal guns, since I was 6. I bought them.
My daughter has had her own personal guns, since she was 6.
No matter who's gun it is, we all know how to operate every gun in the family.

When is a person, really a person, according to the Constitution? When does a person get to be part of "The People"?
You have added words to a very simple sentence.
Are you responsible for your kids or not?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
oh, excuse me!

that was Ronald Reagan's bright idea!

you probably weren't born yet when that happened, so you wouldn't know.
It was the courts for the most part. Reagan then ran with their rulings without an answer to the problems being created.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I have no ideas the law countrywide but in most or many places a parent can give their own kids alcohol.
They cannot let them drive afterward, though.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:00 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
whataboutism at its finest!

^^ When you cannot answer....this is what you say....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies